ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Belissica Info Sought
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Belissica Info Sought
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:42 pm  
    Belissica Info Sought

Hello all,

I am looking for any information regarding Countess Belissica of the County of Urnst. Appearance, age, game stats, magic items, connections, length of rulership, etc.. I've looked thru LGG, but I was looking for more than a "ravishing beauty" and "Wizard 14th level".

Apparently Duke Karll of the Duchy has been trying to marry his son off to her since CY 576. Fifteen years of "no" <sheesh> since the Adventure Begins. Can he get the clue? <grin>

The Canonfire articles have helped, but I was wondering about anything "official" <wincing, trying not to offend past contributors>.

Also, who is Lorgan (Fighter 16th level)? He is mentioned in the old Greyhawk Box set as the leader of the County of Urnst, under national leaders (not Belissica), but not under the County's description. Has or can anyone account for this in a manner that sheds viability on both answers? Was he stepping down as she was taking over? Father & daughter?

I tried the Living Greyhawk sites for the County (official and non-), and neither function properly or respond to inquiries.

Help. Confused

Zephirum
    Forum Moderator

Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:43 am  

Sorry, the LGG has the most official content on the County I know of. I would go with CF articles in this situation, the writings here will be just as good if not better than anything LG will put out. I think there might be a map of Radigast City around here too. Hmm.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:28 pm  

>>>
    Fifteen years of "no" <sheesh> since the Adventure Begins. Can he get the clue? <grin>
    >>>

In my campaign it's not so much his problem as hers.

Karl's eldest son is gay. He and Belessica are good friends, but it just wouldn't work, and the son is too independent to enter an arranged marriage in the prime of his life. :)

Sigh.

--Erik
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:38 am  
    Re: Belissica Info Sought

Zephirum wrote:
    I am looking for any information regarding Countess Belissica of the County of Urnst. Appearance, age, game stats, magic items, connections, length of rulership, etc.. I've looked thru LGG, but I was looking for more than a "ravishing beauty" and "Wizard 14th level".

I'd suggest using the almighty power of Google as I believe there's a fair amount of info on Belissica online.
    Zephirum wrote:
    Also, who is Lorgan (Fighter 16th level)? He is mentioned in the old Greyhawk Box set as the leader of the County of Urnst, under national leaders (not Belissica), but not under the County's description. Has or can anyone account for this in a manner that sheds viability on both answers? Was he stepping down as she was taking over? Father & daughter?

I believe he's her father and is deceased. Inclusion of his name in the old set might have been a typo.

Not sure if I've helped. Smile
    Master Greytalker

Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:08 am  

Bellisica was originally a 16th level fighter in the First Edition GH. I suppose somebody sat down and thought... well she is younger than Karl, the County hasn't been involved in any major wars, how on earth did she become that powerful? I don't know why she was converted to a wizard (unless fighter stats were a misspost for Lorgan?) but I assume it made more sense given the County's history and location.

The LGG County website has a bit of information. The Gellor family has a history of adventuring and she has had numerous lovers (not necessarily at the same time, but who knows?) so I suppose the Countess is a bit goer in medieval terms. Perhaps like Queen Elizabeth I but with impressive magical skills and without the black teeth (I'm assuming). She is even-tempered, politically astute, ravishing, red-haired, and aged about 41 now I think. She is engtged in politicking with the Duchy, the Rhennee, and some of the southern bandit lords.

I have tried to stitch together some stats of my own at home but I'm pretty sure that I've ripped it off online sites (purely for my own use) and forgot to note any bibliography. I think I'd be damned if I posted it w/o proper permission but my usual sources are Canonfire, Oerth Journal, LGG Gaz, LGG websites, & LGG Forums.

I think most of the info was from the LGG website & forums. In particular, the Countess was recently under some kind of spell, which led to a civil war of some kind involving the Lord of the East. Fun, fun, fun.
    Encyclopedia Greyhawkaniac

Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:26 am  

In Saga of Old City Karll and Belissica are cousins. Not unheard of to have cousins marry.

Belissica {Bellisica}(Countess)[NPC]
    DRG#AN4 - 18
    FTAA - 42
    GW:ADV - 8
    LGG - 26,123,124
    LGJ#0 - 10,11
    LGJ#1 - 31
    LGJ#4 - 31
    SOOC - 236
    WGG - 18
    WOGA - 40
    Master Greytalker

Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:41 am  

Here’s how I’ve reconciled Lorgan and Belissica IMC: The ruler of the County of Urnst until 576 CY was His Noble Brilliancy, Count Lorgan Gellor (Ftr 16). He died that year and was succeeded by his daughter Belissica, a 31-year-old adventurer (also Ftr 16). She took the throne with less reluctance than her cousin Karll to the south, abandoning the adventuring life and taking up the study of magic (i.e., she became a character with two classes in AD&D 1E parlance). By 591 CY, she’s 46 years old, an accomplished Ftr//MU 16//14, and still not interested in marrying Karll’s gay son, Jolen, 10 years her junior. (Thanks, Erik!)

Edit: Oh, this thread’s 17 years old. rolleyes
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:59 am  

Laughing The thread is 17 years old. We'll not talk about ourselves. Laughing

Fun lands, the Urnsts.
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: