JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Blight on Bright Sands
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Blight on Bright Sands
    CF Admin

Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:12 pm  
    Blight on Bright Sands

The Living Greyhawk Circle has released its Blight on Bright Sands sourcebook for the LG Campaign. While the first five pages describe character creation, rules for the story arc and other RPGA issues, the rest of the sourcebook goes into detail about the Bright Desert. Take a peek at it to see LG's interpretation of Rary's desmesne. And then, share your thoughts.

Blight on Bright Sands sourcebook.

Happy gaming.

Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:30 pm  

I liked it, thanks for showing it, Don :-)

I always found the Bright Desert as too undeveloped or boring (I don't have Rary the Traitor, though) and the material has some very interesting concepts. I liked the "sand-centaurs" and became intrigued with the Zochal (the impregnable building who was destroyed mysteriously).

Victor Caminha
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:09 am  

Wykthor wrote:

I always found the Bright Desert as too undeveloped or boring (I don't have Rary the Traitor, though) and the material has some very interesting concepts. I liked the "sand-centaurs" and became intrigued with the Zochal (the impregnable building who was destroyed mysteriously).

Much of the information there is from RtT. As for Zochal, what really destroyed it is detailed in Living Greyhawk module COR2-08 'Echo'. The Asherati's were introduced quite nicely to Bright Desert, even though there are no previous references to them anywhere.

I'm eagerly waiting the second part of that campaign arc as it is done by one of the best module authors (IMO) in Living Greyhawk (Theron Martin).

EDIT: It seems there are two more Living Greyhawk 'places of mystery' in RPGA page now, concerning Bright Desert.

S.H, Ahlissa (Naerie) webslave
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:10 am  

IIRC the Zochal, as described in the LG Module "Echo" was a strange structure that when you opened it revealed a bleed or some such from the Astral Plane. Basically you went into this strange demi-plane and encountered a series of evil traps, a beached spelljammer ship and some Githyanki (both of which have no business being in GH, but there you go). It also coincidentally coincided with the release of Manual of the Planes.

I suspect it was collapsed so as to prevent PCs from returning for the spelljammer ship, and because it was too silly for the tone of the Bright Sands campaign. Personally I'm glad that it collapsed, but it could easily be used more interestingly in home campaigns.

What I did like was that the PCs opened the Zochal only to stare into a 2000 + ft. drop and if they're reaction was, "Sod this, let's go home!" and they did indeed leave a completely different and less-silly but all-too short scenario involving the Scorpion Crown occurred.

Stuart

Wykthor wrote:

Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: