Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Paladins of Olidamarra?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Paladins of Olidamarra?
    Novice

Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:03 am  
    Paladins of Olidamarra?

Does anybody have any info or Ideas on what a Paladin of Olidamarra is like?

Thanks
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:37 am  

Since Olidammara is a Chaotic Nuetral god, there isn't going to be any canon material (and most likely little fan material either) on Paladins who serve him.

Even using 3e D&D's "one step" rule, a paladin's patron god must be of LG, LN or NG alignment.

Of course, in my games, "Knight of Olidammara" is a slang term for a thief...
    Laughing

Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:45 am  

If I was you I would get a copy of Dragon Special Update Series #1 (sorry I dont think it has a number) in it there is an article that gives you Holy Warriors for all the other good and neutral alignments. They are pretty cool. I dont know if you can consider that they are cannon but they would fit in well for what you want I think.

Wed Oct 15, 2003 2:06 pm  
    Other Holy Warriors

There was a great article written by Peter Gourlay and Joe Katzman detailing holy warriors of Greyhawk. Basically, they were fighter subclasses (not necessarily paladins) with spell abilities and other powers. The holy warriors of Hextor, Nerull, Trithereon, Pholtus, Wastri and Erythnul were described.

I picked up this article on the (now sadly defunct) Codex of Greyhawk site. I do not know, but it may have been an article in the Oerth Journal as well. This is not an exact answer to your query, but it shows that with a little work, any diety can get an order of "holy warrior" type soldiers to serve its cause on Oerth.

O-D
    CF Admin

Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:37 pm  

If the article was part of the Codex of Greyhawk, then it will reappear on CF! at some point, since CF! will be reposting and hosting all of the Codex materials eventually.
    Novice

Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:38 am  
    Anyone who comes up with such a hideous idea...

I do not wished to be accused of flaming, but a paladin of Olidammara is outright heresy. Clerics of Olidammara are fine. Anarchs (Dragon magazine paladin variant) are also fine. But no Paladin in his right mind is going to worship Olidammara and no Olidammara in any campaign I know of is going to grant divine powers to a lawful paladin.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: