JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Rob Kuntz adventures
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Rob Kuntz adventures
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:37 pm  
    Rob Kuntz adventures

I suppose this should go under a forum other than WOG discussion, but frankly I'm not sure where it fits. Here's my ignorant question. Having taken several years off from buying ANYTHING commercial, I'm just starting to sort through ebay and the like for interesting modules that have been released in the past five years.

Doesn't seem like there's much out there; Rob Kuntz's Dark Druids is one that I read through and enjoyed, though. In the back, it references the next five adventures in the series, but as far as I can tell, none have ever been published. Tried searching for 'kuntz' on ebay, but the only item of any interest I found was this clock,
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35717&item=6158931061&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

and that's not going to amuse my PCs for long. Anybody got the skinny on these adventures - are they going to be released in some shape or form, or did Trolllord drop the ball, as they seem to be doing with Castle Zagyg?
    CF Admin

Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:19 pm  

http://pub175.ezboard.com/bpiedpiperpublishing is RJK's boards.

Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:53 am  

Thanks for the reply Allan. However, I've already got that site bookmarked, and temporarily browse it for updates - that's where my comment that TLG seems to be bleeding the life out of Castle Zagyg came from.

However, there are 19 separate forums on there (about a dozen too many?), and I haven't seen anything in any of 'em about those adventures - the only RJK adventure talk I see is the two year old question of when the Dark Chateau (a product that, frankly, I'm not even that interested in) will be released.

Just wondering if anyone had a quick answer - I guess if no one does, that effectively answers my question too. OK, back to the migration-era and Underdark GH maps, those conversations were more interesting!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:20 am  

Maze of Zayene part IV (d20 conversion) is available from Different Worlds; grodog should have a link in his signature, or he'll give you one presently. :)

Parts I-III (d20 conversions) were released through Necromancer Games.

Cheers!

Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:26 pm  
    No On Claws of Death

Hey, all.

I asked Rob that exact question, btgrover. And I think Allan was trying to direct you to that very post.

I asked if there was going to be a follwop up to at least Dark Druids (which is a great adventure). Here is RJK's response:

"The remaining parts of the DQ series have not been scheduled for release as yet. TLG has not expressed a direct interest
    to me for doing these, and quite honestly, even if they did, I do not have the time as yet to finish these,

The next installment is "Claws in the Dark". And thanks for the compliments. If only as many had been so enamored by the work."

So, the answer right now is no; there will not be any sequels to Dark Druids. Troll Lord Games will certainly announce anything forthcoming. So, if they decide to get revive the DQ series, they'll announce it.

Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:34 am  

Thanks Greyson, that's what I was looking for. Sooo laaazy.... Happy

I hate to keep asking to be spoonfed answers (I'd spend more time trolling his website, but it seems to be filled with bitter old men who used to play GH back in the day, and are now critical of ANY effort to revisit Oerth), but what exactly IS Rob working on right now that keeps him so busy. I know about Dark Chateau, but it's my understanding that his work on that has been complete for a while, just waiting for it to be released (?). Just curious, I really like his work, wish more of it was published. In the meantime, I'll check out the Maze of Zayene series, thanks for the tip Merric.
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:17 am  

There's also "Sir Robilar's City of Brass" for Hackmaster: www.kenzerco.com

and

"Maure Castle", sort of a return to Mordernkainens Fantastic Adventure, a full fledged adventure published in Dungeon about a year ago, don't recall the issue number, 113 maybe? www.paizo.com

Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:30 am  

I have the City of Brass. It's great for 1st/2nd Ed'rs being in KenzerCo format.

High level stuff I'll probably never use, though.

Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:29 am  

Yep, I've got both. Like Abysslin, I really like City of Brass, but have yet to come up with a reason for my PCs to go there - and it wouldn't happen until they're significantly more powerful anyway.

Unfortunately, at the pace my campaign is crawling along (the price to pay for injecting soooo much detail into my homebrew version of GH), they won't see it for several years. C'est la vie.
    CF Admin

Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:00 pm  

Sorry btgrover, I didn't mean to ignore your request for info. There's a thread on Rob's boards maintained by Falconer that lists stuff in print and upcoming from both Rob and Gary. It's located at http://p085.ezboard.com/fpiedpiperpublishingfrm4.showMessage?topicID=57.topic

In that thread, Falconer lists these books for RJK:

Code:

Rob Kuntz
    M1 Prisoners of the Maze             RJK     d20     Necromancer Games         $11.95
    M2 Dimensions of Flight              RJK     d20     Necromancer Games         $11.95
    M3 Tower Chaos                       RJK     d20     Necromancer Games         $11.95
    M4 The Eight Kings                   RJK     d20     Different Worlds          $13.99
    Dark Druids                          RJK     d20     Troll Lord Games           $3.00
    CZA Dark Chateau (March)             RJK     C&C     Troll Lord Games          $19.95
    Garden of the Plantmaster            RJK     d20     Kenzer & Company          $16.99
    Sir Robilar's City of Brass          RJK+JK  HM      Kenzer & Company          $24.99
    Maure Castle                         RJK+EGG d20     Paizo Publishing           $7.00
    Chamber of Antiquities (Summer)      RJK     d20     Paizo Publishing           $7.00
    The Greater Halls (Summer)           RJK     d20     Paizo Publishing           $7.00
    Ice Grave & Horrid Swamp CD (TBA)    RJK     gen     Pied Piper Publishing        TBA
    ERK's Libram of Thaumaturgy CD (TBA) RJK+JB  gen     Pied Piper Publishing        TBA

Rob's been writing levels for Maure Castle lately, as well as working up materials for the Castle Zagyg series from TLG. He also has some more projects underway for Different Worlds, but I can't be specific about them yet.

You can see details about MoZ4 from DWP at http://www.diffworlds.com/kalibruhn.htm and order it by emailing sales@diffworlds.com

Does that help?
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: