JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - The Paizo Writing Guidelines
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Gran March Gazetteer
    The Paizo Writing Guidelines
    Master Greytalker

Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:34 pm  
    The Paizo Writing Guidelines

Hello All. The following Link sends you to the Paizo Website and the writing guidelines for Dungeon Submissions.

Though we are not submitting to Dragon or Dungeon, we want to write to such a standard that they would accept it if we did.

I realize that I am not in charge of this project by any means, but I hope that we all agree to hold ourselves to a high standard. These guidelines, particularly for the City of Adventure write up are excellent guidelines. I am not wedded to their format, as that is for their purposes. However, if we are that complete in our descriptions then I think we will be doing well.

Thoughts?

The site is : http://paizo.com/dungeon and the guidelines are at the bottom of the page. There is also a style sheet.
    Mad Archmage of the Oerth Journal

Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:21 am  

Excellent Choice of format, Anced. This keeps everyone on the same page for all submissions. Everything is legible and can be formated int oa larger document should you wish.

=)
    http://www.oerthjournal.com http://www.greyhawkonline.com/duicarthan
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:21 am  

Totally agree and I have already been using the format. I had download the older version and I have the newer one as well.

Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:27 am  
    Advocate

I want to advocate against something that I see in nearly every post and article, and I want to start by saying that I am the worst offender.

A lack of editing and proofing. Both are seperate yet important functions, and as we move forward, we will need to set up a process by which both functions are accomplished.

I will be madder than @#$% if I find that Hell was accidentally written Hull and went to final print without anyone catching it. I say this because I know I will be the NO 1 offender.

So, as we progress, lets give some thought first to editing and then to proofing. All help is appreicated here, because in this field I am severely handicapped.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:06 am  
    Project writing Focus.

One other thought about the writing we are doing.
    For me the idea for doing the project in the long run is to provide an excellent accessory for both Dungeon Masters and Players who will want to play it over and over. Maybe it is my chef's background that I get my personal satisfaction in making something that other people enjoy. I believe in attention to deals and finishing touches that some people will not even notice yet they would if it was not there. It is like creating a great dish and if anyone part was missing it would be noticed but as a whole it creates a masterpiece and more importantly joy. As in cooking there is a great need for balance, the right touch, love of the process and teamwork. I am not as good a writer as I am a chef yet I believe it is the love of this game and Greyhawk that will help me overcome what I lack in writing skills and be able to with the help of this team to provide a piece of that masterpiece we are creating. More over it for those that we create it for that is important; the players, the DM who want to use this project and ourselves.
    Lets have fun.
    Happy
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Gran March Gazetteer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: