Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - I've joined the Guild of Lawyers and Scribes!
    Canonfire Forum Index -> The Backalley
    I've joined the Guild of Lawyers and Scribes!
    Adept Greytalker

Wed May 18, 2005 6:06 pm  
    I've joined the Guild of Lawyers and Scribes!

As of this weekend, I have my juris doctorate! It has been three and a half long years but I finally graduated law school! Now I am diving right into my studies to pass the bar exam, but for now, I will savor the moment.

It took me an extra half year to finish up law school, as I was recalled to active military service. But all in all, the experience has made me better for the challenges. I am set up to join the army JAG Corps following my passing of the California bar. Hopefully, I will do so on the first attempt.

Anyway, I feel like I know some of you by now. I have used CF to blow off steam from my legal studies. I will continue to write in every now and then and will keep in touch.

TTFN

David William Smith
    "Osmund-Davizid"

Does this mean I will get to meet Sir Anton Palmirian?
    CF Admin

Wed May 18, 2005 7:11 pm  
    Congratulations, OD!

That's very exciting news, OD. Congratulations. Let us know how it goes. Judge Advocate General sounds exciting. The UCMJ is just as serious as any other legal practice. And, you start off as a Captain (O-3). If you decide to stay civillian, I know California needs judges and clerks. I know you can find a job there if you can deal with the horrendous bureaucray. You could get a bench appointment soon, lol.

Good luck!

Thu May 19, 2005 1:40 am  

Congratulations, O-D!

As I like to tease a lawyer friend of mine, "Baator always needs more enforcers of their code" ;-)

Victor Caminha
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:11 pm  
    I passed the bar exam!

Now it is official! I just got the message that I have passed the bar exam for the sovereign state of California! Yeeeeeeehaaaa!

After my swearing-in ceremony I will be a living, breathing, attorney! The irony is that after all this, I will most likely never practice law in California. I have been accepted into the Army JAG Corps, so it is back to the army for me! I will be heading out to Virginia for the JAG school in January 2006, and will most likely end up at Fort Drum, New York for my first assignment.

All that is in the future. Right now I will just savor the moment with my wife and party like a rock star!

That is all for now, I will be seeing you later.

David W. Smith
    Osmund-Davizid
       Canonfire Forum Index -> The Backalley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: