JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Winter Postfest 2005/2006
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Winter Postfest 2005/2006
    CF Admin

Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:03 pm  
    Winter Postfest 2005/2006

Canonfire! is hosting a Winter 2005/2006 Postfest. Greyhawkers, we are calling on you to unshackle your imaginations and submit your contribution(s) to this wintertime design jamboree. It is not a contest and everyone’s contributions are very much appreciated! The topic this time is:

Adventures in Greyhawk’s Magical and Otherworldly Places

Winter Postfest 2005/2006 invites participants to write an adventure scenario set in the World of Greyhawk. It is that simple – develop a mini adventure or just an adventure outline that will intrigue game masters and entice player characters. Create the kernel of a plot that can be later expanded into an exciting scenario focusing on our topic. A great resource for all Greyhawk DMs. This time, we want you to explore one of the magical, supernatural, or otherworldly connections of the Oerth. The choice is entirely yours. Faerie realms, Pocket Planes, Fading Lands, Magical Terrains or Dungeons are all up for grabs. Do you want to explore one of Zagyg’s wonderlands? The Isle of the Ape, or perhaps a mysterious place like the Burning Cliffs? How about that Blood Obelisk of Hextor? Or would you prefer to create your own adventure locale, such as the lost legacy of some ancient race or creature? Descend into the depths of the Oerth or climb the heights of mountains to some place of hidden import and wonder.

Exact format is for you to decide. Statistics are welcome for any edition of Dungeons & Dragons®. And remember, our mantra is that the emphasis should be on what makes your adventure interesting and uniquely Greyhawk. Where is the adventure, and why would intrepid adventurers be there? What challenges does the adventure present? For example, who devised the deadly traps and what do they protect? Or, what dread power gave rise to the monstrosities within? Is there fabulous treasure in store for those with enough brains and brawn to enter? Perhaps your adventure dives into the political intrigue of a region’s royal courts and noble families. You tell us where adventure takes us.

The Guidelines
    There are no restrictions to your imagination, just a few rules that govern content and format.

-- Write an adventure of your own design.
    -- Indicate which version of Dungeons & Dragons your adventure is written for.
    -- Please keep articles to two to four pages long (1000 – 2000 words).
    -- The adventure must be set in the World of Greyhawk.
    -- You may submit more than one entry.
    -- All entries must be submitted to Canonfire! by Sunday, January 22, 2006.

Submitting Your Article
    Follow these easy steps:
    1. Visit the Canonfire! Web site at www.canonfire.com.
    2. Create an account on the site, or if you already have one, log in.
    3. Click the "Submit an Article" link near the site’s top left corner, below the banner.
    4. Submit your article. Please include the word POSTFEST in the title.
    5. E-mail any extra information, artwork, or requests to editors@canonfire.com.

Questions
    Post them here or visit the Postfest thread at Canonfire!'s World of Greyhawk Discussion forum, or contact editors@canonfire.com

What is a Postfest?
    Postfest is an appeal for Greyhawk article contributions where fans of the World of Greyhawk write on a specific Greyhawk topic. Postfests originated on the TSR/AOL mail list when the World of Greyhawk was an inactive setting. Members of the list submitted written entries to the list, and many aspects of Greyhawk saw extensive development. The only change is that Postfest has moved from an e-mail list to a Web based environment. The written topics are still set in Greyhawk and fans from far and wide are invited to participate. There is no prerequisite or experience necessary – the Postfest is for everyone and anyone who is willing to write about the topic and submits his or her entry before the deadline. All of the entries are subsequently published and shared on the Canonfire! Web site for all to enjoy.

Last edited by Greyson on Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:00 am; edited 3 times in total
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:38 am  

Just something to share in re this postfest. There used to be something similar to an adventure postfest on the web called “Iron DM.” The host would pick five or so ingredients, (for exmple: and old elf, a ruby, etc.) and the contestants would have a few days to come up with a short, usually statistic-less adventure incorporating all of the ingredients. Here is a sample. http://www.enworld.org/archive/index.php/t-33639.html Perhaps with a more diligent search archives could be found. This may provide a format for anyone wanting guidance.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:30 pm  

This is another context.

If you want to know more about the Iron DM, you should know more about the Iron Man. The Iron Man is a superset of the Iron DM, so you must trust him/her (the Iron Man). Anyone who wants to know about the Iron Man (and the Golden Man per Gary Gygax Castle Greyhawk) go to Hesiod, if not mistaken,

tz to the j

Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:22 pm  

Tzelios, that last post was all Greek to me. Pun intended.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:15 am  

Cebrion IS Master of Kraken Battle!!!

Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:55 am  

Hey Don,

I -am- posting to postfest never fear. I just need one more day possibly to get it done. I love deadlines. Confused
    CF Admin

Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:14 pm  
    Give Me a Day or Two

Okay, guys. I'll check out the submissions queue this week. Then, give me a couple of days to get our submissions formatted and posted.

Thanks.

Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:50 pm  

I had one half drafted when I had a medical crisis at home. I hope to finish it up when things settle down, but I have no need for it to be included in the postfest.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: