Username Password
   or Create an Account
HomeForumsFAQArticlesReviewsDownloadsLinksTop 20Feedback
 Features
 
Greyhawk Wiki


 
Canonfire :: View topic - Skotti Family Tree
Skotti Family Tree

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DMPrata
Master Greytalker


Joined: May 12, 2005
Posts: 803
Location: Woonsocket, RI, USA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Skotti Family Tree Reply with quote

Along the same lines as my post about Querchard's lineage, I've worked up a rough family tree for another of my PCs. This one is the second son of Kimbertos Skotti. (I have to stop rolling 00s for PCs' social classes. Shocked ) Again, please let me know where I've screwed up canon. Wink (Of course, I know the PC in question Prince Doran Skotti doesn't exist in published canon.)

His Peerless Majesty, Kimbertos Skotti Lizhal,
King of Keoland, Lord of Gran March, Plar of Sterich,
Protector of the South, etc.

(LG Oeridian-Suel ranger of Ehlonna)
b. 529 CY
age 42 as of 571 CY (current campaign date)
(d. 594 CY)

wed Her Majesty, Jedrae Skotti Lizhal, Queen of Keoland
-----(NG Oeridian-Suel unclassed)
-----b. 533 CY
-----age 38 as of 571 CY
-----(d. 593 CY)

bore His Grace, Dulan Skotti Lizhal, Crown Prince of Keoland
------(NG Oeridian-Suel fighter)
------b. 547 CY
------age 24 as of 571 CY
------(missing & presumed dead 588 CY)

bore His Grace, Doran Skotti Lizhal,
------Prince of Keoland, Esquire of Sunndi,
------Junior Obedient Master of the Watch
------(NG Oeridian-Suel cavalier)
------b. 548 CY
------age 23 as of 571 CY

bore Her Grace, Jessa Skotti Lizhal, Princess of Keoland
------(LN Oeridian-Suel unclassed)
------b. 554 CY
------age 17 as of 571 CY
------(widow of Count _____??? 593 CY)
------(possibly 1st Keoish queen 595 CY)

bore Her Grace, Anne Skotti Lizhal, Princess of Keoland
------(Oeridian-Suel infant)
------b. 559 CY
------d. 559 CY

bore Her Grace, Kialla Skotti Lizhal, Princess of Keoland
------(Oeridian-Suel child)
------b. 569 CY
------age 2 as of 571 CY
------(will be LG ranger of Ehlonna, Knight of Dispatch)

(will bear Her Grace, Calisse Skotti Lizhal, Princess of Keoland)
------(NG Oeridian-Suel magic-user)
------(b. 575 CY)
------(will be Her Radiance, Grand Duchess of Geoff)
------(will wed His High Radiance, Owen I, Grand Duke of Geoff)
-----------------(CG Flan fighter/illusionist)
-----------------(b. 537 CY)
------(will bear Master Rhys ap Owen, Heir Apparent of Geoff)
-----------------(Flan child)
-----------------(b. 593 CY)


Last edited by DMPrata on Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Skech
Journeyman Greytalker


Joined: Feb 01, 2005
Posts: 138
Location: Greensboro, NC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about posting to the wrong subject, but this post is to get your attention regarding the Earl of Sterich.

I found a few resources for you. Please, see that thread.
Cheers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vormaerin
Master Greytalker


Joined: Jan 05, 2004
Posts: 666

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't really directed at your work here, which is well done if you take the LG campaign sources as canon. It just reminded me of something that always bugged me about the LGG.

Is *every* state in the Flanaess having a succession crisis because of a missing heir? Just off the top of my head: The crown prince mentioned here. The original heir to Geoff. The heir to the county of Flen. Sterich is missing its lord and apparently has no defined successor.

There are plenty of these sorts of things in other states, too. It does seem rather overdone....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Prochytes
Journeyman Greytalker


Joined: Oct 30, 2005
Posts: 94

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vormaerin wrote:
It just reminded me of something that always bugged me about the LGG.

Is *every* state in the Flanaess having a succession crisis because of a missing heir? Just off the top of my head: The crown prince mentioned here. The original heir to Geoff. The heir to the county of Flen. Sterich is missing its lord and apparently has no defined successor.

There are plenty of these sorts of things in other states, too. It does seem rather overdone....


Well, much of the eastern Flanaess is fine, or has succession problems of a different water. Xavener is sitting pretty in Ahlissa; his big succession problem seems to be his inability to father a male heir. Grenell does not appear to bother his head much about what happens when he is not there anymore. The Szek of Onnwal does not (I think) have a legitimate male heir but that is the least of his worries right now...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vormaerin
Master Greytalker


Joined: Jan 05, 2004
Posts: 666

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I exaggerate. But I recall when reading the LGG for the first time that it struck me as extremely common. Just seemed like there were an awful lot of important folks missing/kidnapped
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Woesinger
Master Greytalker


Joined: Aug 11, 2001
Posts: 634

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prochytes wrote:
Well, much of the eastern Flanaess is fine, or has succession problems of a different water. Xavener is sitting pretty in Ahlissa; his big succession problem seems to be his inability to father a male heir. Grenell does not appear to bother his head much about what happens when he is not there anymore. The Szek of Onnwal does not (I think) have a legitimate male heir but that is the least of his worries right now...


Jian Destron still doesn't have a legitimate male heir. He does have a female heir of dubious legitimacy (she was born out of wedlock during the war) who'll do in a pinch though. It's something his advisors are sure to be encouraging him to sort out. :)

As to other eastern Flanaessi rulers - Drax's heirs (who must exist) must have pretty much given up on ever succeeding him (or they might be trying to concoct a plot to dispose of him without the Fiend Sage finding out). :)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Crag
Master Greytalker


Joined: Aug 17, 2004
Posts: 893
Location: Computer Desk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good catch woe Smile

Imagine the chaos created in a hereditary system with raise dead and longevity potions and now the GK has animus rulers.

The younger princes can't even pursue the traditional Naelax means of succession anymore. Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
PaulN6
Master Greytalker


Joined: Dec 07, 2003
Posts: 636

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Skotti Family Tree Reply with quote

DMPrata wrote:

bore Her Grace, Jessa Skotti Lizhal, Princess of Keoland
------(LG Oeridian-Suel unclassed)
------b. 554 CY
------age 17 as of 571 CY
------(widow of Count _____??? 593 CY)
------(possibly 1st Keoish queen 595 CY)



I'm typing up my own Keoland gazeteer so this thread was very useful. However, according to the Keoland Narative, Jessa suffocated Baron Kedritt and then murdered her lover Skayne... possibly to frame him for the murder?

'"It took me over five minutes with the heaviest silk pillow I could find. Just when I thought I could relax, he would start gurgling and gasping again. I thought he would never die." Her voice dripped with irritation.'

Doesn't that seem a bit.. well.. not good to anyone? I don't know if it was linked to a particular plot line but I think the least we can say is that she is Lawful Neutral!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DMPrata
Master Greytalker


Joined: May 12, 2005
Posts: 803
Location: Woonsocket, RI, USA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Skotti Family Tree Reply with quote

PaulN6 wrote:
I'm typing up my own Keoland gazeteer so this thread was very useful. However, according to the Keoland Narative, Jessa suffocated Baron Kedritt and then murdered her lover Skayne... possibly to frame him for the murder?

'"It took me over five minutes with the heaviest silk pillow I could find. Just when I thought I could relax, he would start gurgling and gasping again. I thought he would never die." Her voice dripped with irritation.'

Doesn't that seem a bit.. well.. not good to anyone? I don't know if it was linked to a particular plot line but I think the least we can say is that she is Lawful Neutral!


I wasn't privy to this information. I just arbitrarily picked L/Good based on Kimbertos' alignment. Given this, I agree that she would be L/Neutral at best and likely L/Evil. I will edit her accordingly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PaulN6
Master Greytalker


Joined: Dec 07, 2003
Posts: 636

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Later teasers suggest she became an excellent regent so it's a tough one to call - she certainly looks evil, her lover Skayne certainly seemed evil, but we don't know how bad her late husband was - lol!

Also, the latestKeoland update on the regions has Sayre ruled by 'orphaned children' - so I guess Jessa may come to a bad end? Sounds evil to me Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
PaulN6
Master Greytalker


Joined: Dec 07, 2003
Posts: 636

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops - we forgot Kimmerly as well! Kimbertos has four living daughters. The only information I've seen about her is that she has had more children than all the others put together.

With regard to Jessa - when she became Regent, I think she gave up her title as Baroness of Sayre, so Kedritt's children would inherit his title I suppose, hence the orphan thing.

I'm not sure what is her current state.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DMPrata
Master Greytalker


Joined: May 12, 2005
Posts: 803
Location: Woonsocket, RI, USA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulN6 wrote:
Whoops - we forgot Kimmerly as well! Kimbertos has four living daughters. The only information I've seen about her is that she has had more children than all the others put together.


That's more than I knew. I was aware that Kimbertos and Jedrae had four daughters, but I didn't know who the fourth one was (aside from Jessa, Kialla, and Calisse). I invented Anne, who died as an infant, to fill that fourth slot. She can be replaced with Kimmerly. Do you know any more about when she was born? I know Jessa is the oldest and Calisse, the youngest. Could Kimmerly be the second-born daughter?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PaulN6
Master Greytalker


Joined: Dec 07, 2003
Posts: 636

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmerly is the eldest. I'll keep reading and let you know if I come across anything else in the narrative. I know that the daughters discuss her impending childbirth later on in the narrative.

Or you can have a look for yourself - it's on either the Keoland yahoo group or the Keoland metaorg yahoo group - can't recall which! Ot possibly I stumbled across it when doing a google search. I have no idea.

Laterzz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DMPrata
Master Greytalker


Joined: May 12, 2005
Posts: 803
Location: Woonsocket, RI, USA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulN6 wrote:
Kimmerly is the eldest. I'll keep reading and let you know if I come across anything else in the narrative. I know that the daughters discuss her impending childbirth later on in the narrative.


If Kimmerly is the eldest, how does Jessa come to ascend to the throne?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vormaerin
Master Greytalker


Joined: Jan 05, 2004
Posts: 666

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Jessa doesn't. She's a regent. Secondly, Keoland is not subject to hereditary rule, much less primogeniture. Though it may have a rule against a regnant Queen, since there hasn't been any.

Assuming gender is not a bar, Jessa is as eligible for the throne as any other person with claim to royalty. The Court of the Land elects a King from the candidates that present themselves. Eventually.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DMPrata
Master Greytalker


Joined: May 12, 2005
Posts: 803
Location: Woonsocket, RI, USA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vormaerin wrote:
Well, Jessa doesn't. She's a regent. Secondly, Keoland is not subject to hereditary rule, much less primogeniture. Though it may have a rule against a regnant Queen, since there hasn't been any.

Assuming gender is not a bar, Jessa is as eligible for the throne as any other person with claim to royalty. The Court of the Land elects a King from the candidates that present themselves. Eventually.


'k. I thought Jessa became the "regent" (I misspoke earlier) because she was the closest thing Kimbertos had to a valid heir. I understand that the Lion Throne is not hereditary on paper, but that is the way succession has often worked out anyway, no?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vormaerin
Master Greytalker


Joined: Jan 05, 2004
Posts: 666

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really. It has done so on a few occassions, notably during the Imperial phase of the Tavishes. But even then, its not absolute. What does tend to happen is that Kings often endeavor to have the Court of the Land 'elect' an heir prior to the King's death, so that there is no lengthy interregnum while the Council debates. Naturally, this doesn't always work.

It usually goes through a few kings of the same House before going back to the other House. And it tends to work out that the Duke of Dorlin or the Duke of Gradsul is the candidate of the Neheli or the Rhola, respectively. Since those titles are hereditary, this puts an element of heredity into the royal elections. But it is still no guarantee that it will pass in that fashion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PaulN6
Master Greytalker


Joined: Dec 07, 2003
Posts: 636

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, my research has revealed:

His Peerless Majesty, Kimbertos Skotti Lizhal,
King of Keoland, Lord of Gran March, Plar of Sterich,
Protector of the South, etc.
(LG Oeridian-Suel ranger of Ehlonna)
b. 529 CY
age 42 as of 571 CY (current campaign date)
(d. 594 CY)

wed Her Majesty, Jedrae Skotti Lizhal, Queen of Keoland
-----(NG Oeridian-Suel unclassed)
-----b. 533 CY
-----age 38 as of 571 CY
-----(d. 593 CY)

bore His Grace, Kimbertos Skotti Lizhal, Crown Prince of Keoland
------(NG Oeridian-Suel fighter)
------b. 547 CY
------age 24 as of 571 CY
------(missing & presumed dead 588 CY)

bore Her Grace, Kimmerly Skotti Lizhal,
------Prince of Keoland, Esquire of Sunndi,
------Junior Obedient Master of the Watch
------(NG Oeridian-Suel aristocrat & expert)
------b. 548 CY
------age 23 as of 571 CY
------(wife of Baron Patrik of Raya)
----------bore seven sons
-------------one grandson

bore Her Grace, Jessa Skotti Lizhal, Princess of Keoland
------(LN Oeridian-Suel unclassed)
------b. 554 CY
------age 17 as of 571 CY
------(widow of Count Kedrit of Sayre 593 CY)
------(Regent of Keoland 595 CY)

bore Her Grace, Kialla Skotti Lizhal, Princess of Keoland
------(Oeridian-Suel child)
------b. 569 CY
------age 2 as of 571 CY
------(will be LG ranger of Ehlonna, Knight of Dispatch)

(will bear Her Grace, Calisse Skotti Lizhal, Princess of Keoland)
------(NG Oeridian-Suel magic-user)
------(b. 575 CY)
------(will be Her Radiance, Grand Duchess of Geoff)
------(will wed His High Radiance, Owen I, Grand Duke of Geoff)
-----------------(CG Flan fighter/illusionist)
-----------------(b. 537 CY)
------(will bear Master Rhys ap Owen, Heir Apparent of Geoff)
-----------------(Flan child)
-----------------(b. 593 CY)

Hope that helps!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
PaulN6
Master Greytalker


Joined: Dec 07, 2003
Posts: 636

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoops - I should preview before I post - Kimmerly is not a knight of the watch - my bad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DMPrata
Master Greytalker


Joined: May 12, 2005
Posts: 803
Location: Woonsocket, RI, USA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulN6 wrote:
whoops - I should preview before I post - Kimmerly is not a knight of the watch - my bad.


Two questions, if I may:
  1. Is Kimbertos II canon (or at least semi-canon)? How about his birth date?
  2. What about Kimmerly's alignment and birth date? Are they based on anything, or did you just leave what I had for Doran (the PC) for lack of any other information?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PaulN6
Master Greytalker


Joined: Dec 07, 2003
Posts: 636

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimbertos Jr mentioned by Kimmerly in the narrative. Don't know his birth date but stated that he and Kimmerly were born less than a year apart, and she is a mother 7 times over and has one grandchild who is about a year old at 595 CY, so she must be at least in her mid thirties. I just took the date that you used for your first born crown prince and added a year.

Kialla is stated to be 'almost a decade' older than Calisse (and I think we know that she was 16 when she married the Grand Duke?), so that might help date the older children as well. I think the dates look about right.

Kimmerly is stated to be a expert midwife in the narrative (dispensing advice and herbal remedies). She is probably LG or NG - her husband is a staunch supporter of the King, so go for LG?

The narrative also states that Jessa has 3 children, 2 girls and more recently a boy.

I haven't reached the end yet but I think that's all there is. It's a cracking good read though - kudos to all the writers!

Hope it helps. :-)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DMPrata
Master Greytalker


Joined: May 12, 2005
Posts: 803
Location: Woonsocket, RI, USA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulN6 wrote:
Kimbertos Jr mentioned by Kimmerly in the narrative. Don't know his birth date but stated that he and Kimmerly were born less than a year apart, and she is a mother 7 times over and has one grandchild who is about a year old at 595 CY, so she must be at least in her mid thirties. I just took the date that you used for your first born crown prince and added a year.


That works. I'll make Kimmerly and Doran twins.

PaulN6 wrote:
Kialla is stated to be 'almost a decade' older than Calisse (and I think we know that she was 16 when she married the Grand Duke?), so that might help date the older children as well. I think the dates look about right.


Given that, I'll change Kialla's birth date to 566 CY. I know from the Geoff narratives that Calisse "has not yet seen her twentieth birthday" in 594 CY, so I set her birth date as 575 CY.

PaulN6 wrote:
Kimmerly is stated to be a expert midwife in the narrative (dispensing advice and herbal remedies). She is probably LG or NG - her husband is a staunch supporter of the King, so go for LG?


LG works. Do you know anything more about the Barony of Raya? I know it lies northeast of Grayhill, but I haven't read anything about the Barony itself. Also, shouldn't Jessa's late husband be a baron, not a count? I thought Sayre was a barony.


Last edited by DMPrata on Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PaulN6
Master Greytalker


Joined: Dec 07, 2003
Posts: 636

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DMPrata wrote:
That works. I'll make Kimmerly and Doran twins..


The text says they are not twins but were so close in age that they behaved as if they were.

Quote:
Given that, I'll change Kialla's birth date to 566 CY. I know from the Geoff narratives that Kialla "has not yet seen her twentieth birthday" in 594 CY, so I set her birth date as 575 CY.


You mean Calisse but yes, I think her age is pretty definitive. :-)

Quote:
LG works. Do you know anything more about the Barony of Raya? I know it lies northeast of Grayhill, but I haven't read anything about the Barony itself. Also, shouldn't Jessa's late husband be a baron, not a count? I thought Sayre was a barony.


There is almost nothing on Raya. :-(

Yes, the narrative isn't always consistent when it comes to titles (we have Earldoms becoming Counties (I never knew there was a difference - an Earl is just the English equivalent of a Count as far as I knew, and Hannah Linth has been listed as both a Countess and a Dame).

I think it should be Baron Kedritt as well, and Jessa retained the title and voting rights of Baroness after his death (presumably until her son reaches maturity?). It is possible that Jessa has other titles of her own (e.g she is a princess). There was a wry reference that Margrave Kharn was running out of sons for her to marry (implying that Kedrit was Kharn's son or that she has seen off more than one noble spouse?) but I've seen no evidence that she has any other title attached to land. She seems possessed of a pathalogical desire to obtain titles via marriage. She must have wet herself when she became Regent.

Jessa is the oddest character; the most difficult to categorise from the narrative - she seems both loyal (to Keoland and her family) and scheming (suffocating her husband) at the same time. I suspect that her machinations may well be used as part of the Triad's long term plot threads.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DMPrata
Master Greytalker


Joined: May 12, 2005
Posts: 803
Location: Woonsocket, RI, USA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulN6 wrote:
DMPrata wrote:
That works. I'll make Kimmerly and Doran twins..


The text says they are not twins but were so close in age that they behaved as if they were.


Doran is the PC for whom I've had to go through all this work. Confused

PaulN6 wrote:
Quote:
Given that, I'll change Kialla's birth date to 566 CY. I know from the Geoff narratives that Kialla "has not yet seen her twentieth birthday" in 594 CY, so I set her birth date as 575 CY.


You mean Calisse but yes, I think her age is pretty definitive. :-)


D'oh! Embarassed Edited for stupidity...

PaulN6 wrote:
There is almost nothing on Raya. :-(

Yes, the narrative isn't always consistent when it comes to titles (we have Earldoms becoming Counties (I never knew there was a difference - an Earl is just the English equivalent of a Count as far as I knew, and Hannah Linth has been listed as both a Countess and a Dame).

I think it should be Baron Kedritt as well, and Jessa retained the title and voting rights of Baroness after his death (presumably until her son reaches maturity?). It is possible that Jessa has other titles of her own (e.g she is a princess). There was a wry reference that Margrave Kharn was running out of sons for her to marry (implying that Kedrit was Kharn's son or that she has seen off more than one noble spouse?) but I've seen no evidence that she has any other title attached to land. She seems possessed of a pathalogical desire to obtain titles via marriage. She must have wet herself when she became Regent.

Jessa is the oddest character; the most difficult to categorise from the narrative - she seems both loyal (to Keoland and her family) and scheming (suffocating her husband) at the same time. I suspect that her machinations may well be used as part of the Triad's long term plot threads.


Is it "Kedritt" with two t's, or "Kedrit" with one? The bit about him being Kharn's son is interesting, though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Canonfire phpBB2 theme by Jakob Persson (http://www.eddingschronicles.com).
Powered by phpBB © 2001 phpBB Group
All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Stone textures by Patty Herford
Ported for PHP-Nuke by nukemods.com
Forums ©


Canonfire! is a production of the Thursday Group in assocation with GREYtalk and Canonfire! Enterprises

Contact the Webmaster.  Long Live Spidasa!

PHP-Nuke Copyright © 2005 by Francisco Burzi. This is free software, and you may redistribute it under the GPL. PHP-Nuke comes with absolutely no warranty, for details, see the license.
Page Generation: 0.31 Seconds