Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:56 am  
LG policy

Over on this thread, http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2157

Direrodent wrote:

"Discussing LG scenarios is fine here. Posting reviews of them, either on the forum or in the reviews database, is also fine. Posting summaries of the plotlines or summaries of any interesting canon bits is fine, though I would suggest avoiding doing so for currently active scenarios, and the posting of actual citations from the documents, even statblocks is probably best avoided, since a lot of material in the scenarios appears again in running plotlines, and may spoil later adventures for those who wish to play them.

Posting the entire documents, or instructions on how to illegally procure them is not ok.

If you want to find the LG material that you can legally acquire, I'd check out the LG website (www.wizards.com/greyhawk) or google up your state or countries LG triad site.

The reasoning behind this, as opposed to quoting from published TSR/WotC material is simple. The LG campaign needs a spoiler and cheater free environment to work. Providing details of each scenario when it comes out offers a resource for cheaters, and a temptation for those players who mean well but want an "edge" in play. As a GH fansite, it's my opinion that canonfire should serve the best interest of the fans, and for the fans who compose the target audience for LG scenarios, posting them here, even in abridged format, is not in their best interest."

Dethand indicated that any discussion of CF! policy should be placed in this forum.

IIRC, the issue of LG fair use has come up before. It would be a good idea to post a policy for it in the FAQ so it can be referred to with ease. If this policy is OK with LG, it is very fair. I hope it is.