JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - I really like these
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Old Lore D&D
    I really like these
    Master Greytalker

Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:59 pm  
    I really like these

As I read through most of your works here, I find that I really like them, artifacts, personages and all. I am wondering why you chose to put them in a forum post rather than as a Article. I realize you wanted to link them through OD&D, but I would think it preferable to allow broader access, regardless of edition. I will be using several things listed here IMC next go round.

So, have you thought of posting these to articles?
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:36 pm  

There are essentially 2 main reasons I prefer using the forum for most postings anymore:

1. The time lapse between submission and actual posting on the site of actual articles annoys the hell out of me anymore. It's usually upwards of a month or two, I prefer the instant gratification and opportunity for discussion and feedback, if any, while the material is still fresh in my mind.

2. On the subject of discussion and comments on the material, the disabling of comments on articles on the site is another factor that irks me. If such discussions are now to be held in the forum, I figure I might as well post the material itself here too, so there is no flipping back and forth between web pages required.

That said, you'll notice that there are exceptions, a few of the larger articles I've done (relatively) recently are articles, not forum posts, but I do plan to continue using the forum for the most part for my upcoming postings. Yeah, there's new material in pipeline Happy
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:10 am  

This is all really top quality material that could be very useful to players of any edition with a little conversion on their part. I'm just sorry I never checked it out before now. Embarassed
    Chat, based on the new monsters are you currently working on something in the Amedio or Hepmonaland that we might look forward to seeing?
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:00 pm  

smillan_31 wrote:

Chat, based on the new monsters are you currently working on something in the Amedio or Hepmonaland that we might look forward to seeing?

Just a new monster, magic item, spell, npc, etc now and then. No big project at the moment, since my campaign isn't focused on the amedio currently.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:26 am  

smillan_31 wrote:
    This is all really top quality material that could be very useful to players of any edition with a little conversion on their part

I think that is the advantage of posting material in classic D&D format. It's bare bones. It's, IMO, much easier to convert it forward to AD&D, 3e or 4e than it is to convert those editions' materials backwards.

Which is part of the reason, by the way, that this forum project, adapting GH material backward to classic D&D, stalled out. Just too tedious to convert stuff we were not actually using at the moment. That, and the 4e rules are completely foreign to me, I haven't had the time to learn them well enough to seriously begin converting the new ideas in them back to classic D&D.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Old Lore D&D All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: