JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Question about Tenser
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Question about Tenser
    Novice

Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:21 pm  
    Question about Tenser

Has anything been published concerning Tenser since his destruction at the hands of Rary? I am just getting into gaming again and Tenser was my right hand man when I used to DM. I have read in Rary the Traitor that all his clones were destroyed as well. It seems to me that I have read somewhere that there is a chance one of his clones wasn't destroyed but for the life of me and hours of pouring over my books 1st eddy - 3rd eddy and haven't found this. Maybe its just wishful thinking. I know it really doesn't matter cause he's coming back anyways in my game :), but I was interested to see how someone else brought him back.

Oh, one other thing, while rereading the Greyhawk Wars books it mentions that Tenser's castle is somewhat automated and it seems like something is cooking there.... Anyone ever read anything about that?

-Trob-

The architect without the stonemason is not designing cathedrals, but
    castles in the air.
    -Gerald Weinberg
    CF Admin

Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:45 pm  

Return of the Eight mutters something to the effect that Jallarzi, the newest member of the Co8 has some very detailed instructions requesting her to visit his tower at certain times and to perform certain tasks without any reasoning behind the requests. She carry through with them however, and specualtion is that there is one last trick Tenser had up his sleeve to bring him back, perhaps by use of Oerth Blood.

Furthermore the tower is very secure and entrance can only be gained by a key that is in Jallarzi's possession.

That's about all I can recall on the topic at this moment.

Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:19 pm  
    Rot8

Abysslin's on the right track. Return of the Eight (© 1998 TSR) details Tenser's last, secret clone, which is very far from home. In Rot8, PCs have an oppurtunity to bring Tenser back to Oerth.

The machinery in operation at the bottom of Tenser's castle is his secret equipment used to "mine" oerthblood. In the adventure, the machinery is being operated by Iuz's forces. - and yes, Iggwilv and Tuerney are pulling the strings.

Get your hands on this adventure, Trobiand. It is a great resource for your exact questions.

Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:14 am  

Thanks for the imput guys, looks like I'm off to the local gamers store to root through used merchandise!
    CF Admin

Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:10 am  
    No Problem

Hey, Trobriand, no problem.

SVGames.com can get Rot8 in your hands within the hour under $5, if you are serious about getting a copy of the adventure module. Check it out HERE. Rot8 should be any serious Greyhawker's collection, anyway. Smile

Good luck, and let us know how you end up developing your campaign.

Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:54 pm  

I completely agree with Greyson in that Return of the Eight is an excellent adventure. I would also like to add:

We now have details on the strongholds of two of the members of the Circle of Eight (or one former member). What are the other 6?

I need enlightenment. Wink
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:29 pm  

well we know that Drawmij has a strong hold under the sea, but we don't know much about it.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:36 am  

IMC Tenser Otto dead as a doorknob. For good never to return. If death cannot be a final embrace a release for this world than what ever truly can be.
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:20 pm  

Argon, that is why you cant resurrect or make a clone of somebody who has died of old age.
    Novice

Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:36 pm  

Well I checked the stores in a 100 mile radius and struck out. So I bit the bullet and tried RPGNOW.com. Pretty convienent and for only 4.95 I downloaded it to my comp. I would rather have the actual book but when in need you have to do what ever you can to get your information!

-Trob
    CF Admin

Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:15 am  

We don't know much about the other Co8 homes/fortresses.

Here's Zavoda's index info about the Obsidian Citadel (Mordy's fort):

Quote:

Obsidian Citadel [CTL]
    AOE Pg# - 230,236,324
    CED Pg# - 248
    COG:FFF Pg# - 21
    LGJ#0 Pg# - 5,9
    PGTG Pg# - 22
    WGR3 Pg# - 31

IIRC, we also know a fair bit about one of Bigby's homes (from Treasures of Greyhawk; wasn't there one in Scant as well from FTA??), as well as Otiluke's home as detailed in "The House on Summoner Court" (OJ7 and Shadis 50 [both July 1998]).
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: