Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Greetings and Questions, oh my.
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk!
    Greetings and Questions, oh my.
    Novice

Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:59 pm  
    Greetings and Questions, oh my.

Hello all, just registered today, new to Canonfire!

A few questions:

Is Canonfire! considered "canon" (as in rules official) material for Greyhawk?

If so does this include Living Greyhawk? (I do believe there are differences between the two.)

If there are LGCS legal items stored here, which link, portal, etc. leads me to it?

Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:58 pm  

Canonfire! is a fan site, and while there are quite a few people who have worked on official products or Living Greyhawk material that post here, most things are not canon. Much of the material here is heavily based on canon, and some has been written expressly with canon in mind, but nothing original here has the "official WotC stamp of approval" as fare as I know. The Downloads section does have some canon files which are open source.

Living Greyhawk material is considered pseudo canon by many, as it has mostly been put out by second parties so its canon status is debatable. Most people define canon as being material that is produced by the IP holder alone, so that is where the debate on Living Greyhawk being canon begins. There are innumerable threads discussing canon and such so I'll just leave it at that.

I don't think there are any LGCS legal items stored here at all, unless they are hidden VERY well. I'm not too well versed in Living Greyhawk so perhaps somebody else can point you in the right direction, be it here or elsewhere.

Welcome to Canonfire!

Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:00 pm  

Smile Thank you for your response. I will enjoy reading whats here.
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: