The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - WOG - Magic Item Compendium
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    WOG - Magic Item Compendium

How would you rate the WoG: Magic Item Compendium (barring edition-based opinions)
    UnOerthly!
    9%
     9%  [ 2 ]
    Masterwork
    27%
     27%  [ 6 ]
    Excellent
    27%
     27%  [ 6 ]
    Good
    13%
     13%  [ 3 ]
    Fair
    0%
     0%  [ 0 ]
    Crapola
    4%
     4%  [ 1 ]
    No Opinion
    4%
     4%  [ 1 ]
    What is this Magic Item Compendium you speak of...?
    13%
     13%  [ 3 ]
    Total Votes : 22

Mad Archmage of the Oerth Journal

Thu May 03, 2007 6:34 pm  
    WOG - Magic Item Compendium

Well the World of Greyhawk Magic Item Compendium has been out a week or so now; So I am itching to see peoples reactions on it.

It was a fun bit of work to do and I do apologize that it doesn't use the new magic item format but I prefer the classic format anyway. =)

Please feel free to comment here.
    Also if you find any errors please comment and I'll look into them ASAP.

Anyway for those who do not have it, it can be downloaded at the following addresses: http://www.oerthjournal.com/oerthjournals/WOG-MIC.pdf or
    http://www.greyhawkonline.com//duicarthan/conversions/WOG-MIC.pdf

Thanks a ton for all the good feedback so far!
    http://www.oerthjournal.com http://www.greyhawkonline.com/duicarthan
    Master Greytalker

Fri May 04, 2007 7:01 am  

If you have interest, what I would like to see is an appendix with non canon items, particularly CF!. Chatdemon and others had some excellent items in the OD&D forums. Also, there is the upcoming postfest that would be nice to include. There are many others that come to mind. Having these collected togeather would be nice.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Fri May 04, 2007 7:04 am  

I will eventually vote in this poll, but I have not read it yet. I scanned it and it looks pretty cool, but from what I saw it is ed 3+, which reduces the utility to me quite a bit. I can't fault you for that, but it will have to reduce whatever vote I give it. All the same, just from what I saw and given the subject, I think you should be declared the Postfest winner and we can all look forward to seeing who comes in second place, assuming there is a vote. Smile

Fri May 04, 2007 8:11 pm  

Wolfsire wrote:
    ...I scanned it and it looks pretty cool, but from what I saw it is ed 3+, which ... will have to reduce whatever vote I give it.

Confused

I'll bump my vote up by one, then.
    Adept Greytalker

Sat May 05, 2007 12:56 pm  
    Re: WOG - Magic Item Compendium

Duicarthan wrote:
    Well the World of Greyhawk Magic Item Compendium has been out a week or so now; So I am itching to see peoples reactions on it.

It was a fun bit of work to do and I do apologize that it doesn't use the new magic item format but I prefer the classic format anyway. =)

Duicarthan,

I like the reference and I gave it an excellent rating, I would have bumped it up a notch if you had used the new magic item format from Magic Item Compendium as I actually like that format better. To each his own.

Thank you for all your hard work on the project.

Bryan Blumklotz
    AKA Saracenus
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat May 05, 2007 1:18 pm  

I also find it lessened in usefulness due to the system it is written for, but it looks like a fine compilation nonetheless. I wish it was written for AD&D, but I like it for being Greyhawk.

--Ghul
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sat May 05, 2007 4:49 pm  

Nellisir wrote:
    Wolfsire wrote:
    ...I scanned it and it looks pretty cool, but from what I saw it is ed 3+, which ... will have to reduce whatever vote I give it.

Confused

I'll bump my vote up by one, then.

To be clear, I was not saying I was going to penalize, just that crunch that I do not understand/use just makes it not as good for me. Indeed it detracts. I was not edition bashing, but rather offering somewhat of a lame apology for an expected lower score (which ended up being pretty high). I felt it important to be honest and open on that point because I did not want the bias in my vote to discourage. Sorry if it offended.

Wed May 16, 2007 7:59 am  

Thanks for all the positivie feedbacks!
    hehe, no one needs to bump any votes Greyhawk is Greyhawk. =)

Even if you can't use the edition-based material, you can still make use of the basics and the reference guide below it, pointing out where each item originated from! =)

Saracenus> I would have loved to do the WOG - Magic Item Compendium in the new style but seeing as I started long before that came out I stuck with classic style format. Though, I would not be opposed to someone editing and changing the format style and sending it back to me to post.

I've also found a few errors on my end here, just little innocuous things which means a possible edit if anyone is willing to do so or wants to, just PM me.
    http://www.oerthjournal.com http://www.greyhawkonline.com/duicarthan
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu May 31, 2007 4:52 pm  

Cool resource Duicarthan, but why did you never finish the document with the remaining artifacts listed on page 65? Just wondering.

...........................................Omote
    FPQ
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: