JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Greyhawk Webcomic 3.0
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Greyhawk Webcomic 3.0 [ 1, 2  Next]
    Forum Moderator

Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:35 am  
    Greyhawk Webcomic 3.0

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/canonfire/cfstrip1a.htm I'm starting this new thread with a parody comic of CSL's Boccob article. In addition to your regular scheduled 'Thursday' Greycomix, expect to see more article highlights like this following new publications at canonfire as my time allows. Enjoy!
    Forum Moderator

Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:54 pm  

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/title/wogstrip130a.htm Presenting Iggwilv and a double feature:

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/canonfire/cfstrip2a.htm a take on Kirt's Druid Spell List.
    Master Greytalker

Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:29 am  

mortellan wrote:

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/canonfire/cfstrip2a.htm a take on Kirt's Druid Spell List.

Nice! You are missing the last panel, though.
    Where Obad Hai says...

"Hunting? Frolicking? Feh! In my time, we didn't have those elven games. We had ONE game. It was called "Stare at Pelor". There were just eight gods and we would stand in a big circle and stare at pelor until our eyes burnt out of our heads. We were blind flan gods and we LIKED it that way. Heck, we LOVED it. It was the OLD FAITH..."
    My campaigns are multilayered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which, quite frankly, would simply be too strong for your hobbyist gamer.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mp7Ikko8SI
    Forum Moderator

Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:33 am  

LOL. Well yes of course he would say that. If Ehlonna had stuck around long enough for him to whine to. ;)
    Forum Moderator

Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:32 am  

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/canonfire/cfstrip3a.htm CSL's Cuthbert article is worth a second look after this parody of his religion.
    Forum Moderator

Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:52 pm  

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/title/wogstrip131a.htm The god you least expected....Dorgha Torgu!
    Forum Moderator

Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:33 pm  

http://greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/title/wogstrip132a.htm

More cultist of Tharizdun fun.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:34 am  

Ah, those zany cultists.

Putting the fun back into unholy. And the still beating heart of a sacrifical virgin.
    Forum Moderator

Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:35 am  

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/canonfire/cfstrip4a.htm

And now, a parody of Ancient Gamer's Turrosh Mak and his generals.
    Master Greytalker

Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:31 pm  

I might even pay to see a portrait of Ronald Reagan as Quij...
    My campaigns are multilayered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which, quite frankly, would simply be too strong for your hobbyist gamer.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mp7Ikko8SI
    Forum Moderator

Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:01 pm  

Kirt, that is quite a reference. Nice one!

Now put your thinking caps on, it's time for the annual Gencon special!

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/title/wogstrip133a.htm

Enjoy.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:33 am  

"Kinda nerdy!" How generous of you!

BTW, who is the red eyed bugger?

Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:52 am  

Maglubiyet

Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:40 am  

Cebrion wrote:
    Maglubiyet

Thanks. Never heard of him: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maglubiyet

Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:01 am  

Good call Cebrion. Yeah poor Maglu gets little love in D&D so I sneaked him in there. I -may- have other roles for him down the road, including one idea I've been holding onto that Despotrix gave me. Wink
    Forum Moderator

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:25 am  

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/title/wogstrip134a.htm

An editorial cartoon on recent events.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:10 am  

The first thing I thought when I saw the image was "cool box reference"! The second thing was "Did he do that vine work himself, or did he scan or trace it?" Maybe we will get lucky and they will figure some why to share some of the LG material with out getting into the IT nightmare.

Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:53 pm  

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/canonfire/cfstrip6a.htm Good work Twiceborn. Now it's time for a second look...
    Forum Moderator

Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:39 pm  

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/title/wogstrip135a.htm Stirring the controversy up again.
    Forum Moderator

Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:45 pm  

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/title/wogstrip136a.htm
    More angst riddled comedy...
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:36 am  

Awwwwww. Sad Poor Zagyg.

Say, who was the lady next to Vecna in the last pannel?
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:08 am  

DavidBedlam wrote:
    Awwwwww. Sad Poor Zagyg.

Say, who was the lady next to Vecna in the last pannel?

I had to do a double take to make sure you did not say "second to last pannel?" :-)

It is Istus.

Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:02 am  

Istus being goddess of Fate should have known what was going to happen at Gencon 2007. Or maybe she lied to Vecna. Then again, Vecna is god of secrets so he should've known that Wizards was lying to us all these years about developing 4th edition and cancelling the paizo license to the magazines amd Living Greyhawk as well. Grrr, those gods tick me off sometimes.
    Forum Moderator

Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:22 pm  

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/title/wogstrip137a.htm Hehe. Wink
    Forum Moderator

Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:24 am  

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/canonfire/cfstrip8a.htm Map inaccuracies are so fun!
    Master Greytalker

Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:27 am  

Mortellan:

I doubt that Istus lied......She's the Goddess of Honesty!

I just had to say that....must support my goddess in order to get a bigger church, my chambers are kinda cramped and the chamber maid is on strike. Ever have to empty one of those private little bowls under the bed....not very pleasant. I want my chamber maid back!

Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:29 pm  

Ah you are correct, Istus would tell no lie, she has no reason to. I used to run a campaign with a temple of Istus in Ket. That was fun. The priestesses were always serious and blunt and oddly very wealthy. You need to move there!
    Master Greytalker

Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:59 pm  

I would love to move there. I prefer to travel with a large caravan of armed guards and servants but for some strange reason the wizard and paladin who feel they must constantly guard me disagree. It is at times difficult to be humble. For some strange reason they think I'm spoiled. I consider travelling with armed guards and servants wise. We are well protected and I can devote more time to worship. So do you have a road map?

Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:41 am  

EileenProphetofIstus wrote:
    I would love to move there. I prefer to travel with a large caravan of armed guards and servants but for some strange reason the wizard and paladin who feel they must constantly guard me disagree. It is at times difficult to be humble. For some strange reason they think I'm spoiled. I consider travelling with armed guards and servants wise. We are well protected and I can devote more time to worship. So do you have a road map?

Can the paladin put her input into this topic that has (once again) come up? We have work to do...that do not involve armed gaurds. Also, don't you want to enjoy sleeping out in the wilderness? You have to admit it's cheaper than paying for some gaurds. And being humble isn't going to kill you, really it's not. Anyway that's what the paladin (and the wizard) have to say about our cleric.
    Love you all, Little Eileen.

Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:52 pm  

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/title/wogstrip138a.htm And now brought to you by kirt and mortellan...Caddyhawk!
    Forum Moderator

Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:31 pm  

So do you have a road map?

Why, yes I do!!

Master Greytalker

Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:29 pm  

Thank you for the road map. Are there any 5 star inns for me to stay at along the way?

Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:28 am  

5 Star Inn? You ARE spoiled! I think you're roughing it until Lopolla, sorry! Smile
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:18 am  

Little Eileen: You need to shrink your avatar to something less than 1 meg in size(or whatever it is). Not sure how that one fell through the cracks of the avatar limitations. Check the limitations under thesection for uploading an avatar and down size to that please.

EileenProphetess ofIsuts: nice road map. I see a board game somewhere in that.

Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:16 am  

Ok I'll play the board game, Eileen gets to go first, and I get to roll the shiny red die. What are we going to call the game?

Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:55 pm  

Can I be the shoe?

Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:24 pm  

Board game? Ut oh I've created a monster. How about Settlers of Ket-an or Ket-y-land?
    Master Greytalker

Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:25 pm  

The Shoe? Sure, your in. You know what they say:

If the shoe fits wear it.

Actually the idea of making a real boardgame based on Greyhawk spurned quite a bit brain activity for me while at work today. Actually have some real ideas.

Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:05 am  

Or we could call it Eileen Land...

Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:59 pm  

lets see your ideas!

Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:17 pm  

The board would be a map of the Flanaess broken down into squares or hexes of suitable size to move a playing piece. Tokens could be adventures and monsters.

The board would include famous cities spread throughout the map and serve as starting points in the game. Famous dungeons such as Ghost Tower of Inverness, Temple of Elemental Evil, Tomb of Horrors, etc. would be the destinations of the players.

The game could be played two different ways. For a long game, each person selects a quest (dungeon) that they must reach from their starting city. For a faster game, players could all enter the same dungeon as seperate adventurers. In either case, whomever finishes their dungeon first wins.

As tokens travel across the board towards their dungeon, they could have random encounters such as bandits or monsters along the way. Combat would be resolved through simple d6 die rolls like most board games. I would determine random encounters through a special die. If the monster comes up an encounter occurs.

Cards could be drawn when a random encounter comes up to determine the actual encounter. It might be possible to establish specific encounters for specific terrains though this would take some thinking to prevent it from being to cumbersome for a board game.

The player could stop by in large cities along the way to the dungeon and receive good or bad things which could happen to them, for example, they could receive a magic item which could help them defeat a monster in the dungeon to come. Other things could include having to take a minor sidetrek as a quest which would take up a few turns of the player (kinda like having to go back 3 spaces in a board game).

One could include iconic NPCs good and evil who provide help or hinder the player as well.

Each dungeon would have to be considered to be the same in regards to the challenge they present. For example, there would be no difference in the difficulty of the Tomb of Horrors vs. The Ghost Tower of Inverness. The dungeons would have to be kept the same approximate length for fairness.

Each dungeon would feature specific moments from that module as events or encounters within the dungeon. For example, there would be deadly traps in the Tomb of Horrors and the Lost Cavarns of Tsojcanth would have a long hallway filled with bats or a river one needs to cross, teleporting cavarns, etc.

I'd like to find a way to make it more random rather than having a set dungeon map that is the same each game. Maybe one could sketch the map out on paper as rooms reveal themselves. This allows the dungeon to change from game to game to prevent it from being memorized. Another possibility would include retaining the cards which show the rooms and building your dungeon along the way. You could put doors and passageways on the cards to they could randomly fit together and one could branch off any direction they wish.

I'm thinking of two types of cards, generic dungeon map cards and specific dungeon map cards. The generic cards would provide generic encounters for any of the dungeons on the map and would make up most of the cards.

Shuffled into the deck would be trade cards that if drawn could be used to sell or trade to the other players. Trade cards would be for specific dungeons and if you draw someone elses dungeon you could exchange it for something with that other person. If you had a bad card you could give it to the opposed palyer as well and they would have to abide by what it said.

You would only put active dungeons (ones that are being used) into the generic dungeon map cards.

A separate pile of cards would also exist for each active dungeon. This allows players to draw cards specific to their dungeon which would help or hinder them along the way.

I think the goal should be to finish the quest but also think that collecting treasure, finding and buying magic items should be included as well. If one dies along the way they could pay for raise dead to continue, making the treasure valuable or they could sell magic items to pay for their raise dead spell.

Magic spells could be worked into the game as well. Each player could have some spells or you would choose your type of character...wizard, fighter, rogue, or cleric and each would give specific benefits to combating monsters along the way, healing, etc.

One would have to keep track of hit points, spells used, etc. by having slipps of paper (like clue) to mark off your spells, hit points, etc.

Treasure could be kept track of by having little cardboard gold pieces, gems, etc. included into the game for players to collect along the way.

Anyway, this is what I had thought of at this time....Care to throw in some ideas....

Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:33 am  

Sounds pretty interesting, but also sounds like its drifting to roll playing rather than a board game. I would kill any idea of a map for each dungeon, but rather perhaps have a small deck of cards, about 10, and the player has to draw 3 then leave, some good, some bad, maybe one is critical to resolving the dungeon. If they don’t get it, they have to go back. Maybe they have to visit a city after each dungeon/ Death, injury, illness, etc. would be like, return to city, surrender treasure card to pay for resurrection and/or lose turns. You could have several different quests, such as rod of 7 parts, etc, each requiring completing different dungeons. First to fulfill a quest wins. I would keep it simple.

Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:07 pm  

How about drawing cards to eventually cover the core rooms of the dungeon. If you succeed at the room you keep it, if you fail (say lose the fight in the room but don't die) you place it back in the deck until you've collected all the cards. Once you have all the cards you enter the final chamber. Any better?

Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:36 am  

How about drawing cards to eventually cover the core rooms of the dungeon. If you succeed at the room you keep it, if you fail (say lose the fight in the room but don't die) you place it back in the deck until you've collected all the cards. Once you have all the cards you enter the final chamber. Any better?

Yeah, that sounds pretty good. What are you thinking. d6 for each room with modifications for magic item, class and level cards?

Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:48 am  

Ooops, you lost me on that one.....your turn to elaborate on the idea.

Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:11 pm  

Wolfsire wrote:

Yeah, that sounds pretty good. What are you thinking. d6 for each room with modifications for magic item, class and level cards?

Maybe we are both confused. I was thinking you said draw a card that descibes/represent the major rooms. Dealing with that card/room would require resolution. Each dungeon would have a few cards. You get the Lich room, roll d6 to see what happens. Results on the back of the card, maybe earns you other card with a magic item adding +1 do your next d6.

Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:13 pm  

Mort's board/map is gone. Maybe that is a hint to stop hijacking his thread. Embarassed

Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:17 pm  

It is? I still see it. Must be that wacky GHO server again.
    Master Greytalker

Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:31 pm  

Yes....a deck of cards would be used to represent the core rooms for each dungeon. The designer would go through the module and create a card for the most notable rooms people would recall from the adventure. These cards would be mixed together with random dungeon cards.

Random dungeon cards could include misc. traps, encounters, secret doors discovered (which could allow another draw on the deck), disease (you need to heal before you can continue), and other hardships with a few possitive cards sprinkled in.

I hadn't thought of how the fighting should work yet other that using d6 as in most board games. Each monster drawn from the deck could have a difficulty number represented on it as well as how many turns it takes to defeat the monster.

For example, say a troll has a difficulty of 3 and must be battled for a total of 2 rounds. In order to defeat it the troll the player would have to roll a 3 or higher on the d6 two turns in a row.

Modifier could be applied to the die roll if you have a magic weapon....such as a +1 or +2, if you cast a firebased spell you could get a +3, that sort of thing. The card representing the troll would include the different types of modifiers unique to battling the troll.

If the troll is defeated in two consecutive rounds, the player begins drawing again on the third turn continuing their search for the actual dungeon cards unique to their quest.

The card could tell you how much treasure the troll has but I would opt for a draw of 1-3 cards for treasure cards to see what you get. The bigger the monster, the more draws of the treasure cards you get. I'd say hold on to the treasure cards and spend the gold as you play for purchases of magical items, healing, raise deads, that sort of thing. Some of the treasure cards would have magic item treasure which you could use to defeat other monsters with. Such as a scroll with protection from evil on it.

Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:57 pm  

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/title/wogstrip139a.htm We interrupt your regular scheduled program for this regularly scheduled program. Laughing
    Master Greytalker

Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:09 pm  

Wow! Did you see the eyes those two are giving each other behind Pelor's back? Something tells me Maya wants to see Phyton's python.
    With Pelor poisoned, will these two be able to get together? Can't wait to see episode 3...
    Forum Moderator

Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:39 pm  

Very astute of you Kirt. Maybe that is why Pelor is using Pyremius as a caddy in this next installment....

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/title/wogstrip140a.htm
    Forum Moderator

Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:52 pm  

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/title/wogstrip141a.htm

And the final installment of Caddyhawk. Phew!
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:20 pm  

What! Did somebody step on a duck? Thanks for the mini series.

Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:42 pm  

Wooo! Excellent. I love Doomgrinder as an overgrown mini-golf artefact of destruction!

Thanks, mort. Now to think of another hook for you...

K
    Forum Moderator

Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:56 pm  

Thanks Wolfsire!

Kirt! Glad you noticed the windmill, I was sorely tempted to add a clown's mouth due to Zagig. Wha? A new hook? ULP.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:48 pm  

mortellan wrote:
    Kirt! Glad you noticed the windmill, I was sorely tempted to add a clown's mouth due to Zagig. Wha? A new hook? ULP.

I would have suggested the portal of annihilation demon mouth from Tomb of Horror but that's just me.

An awesome ending to an awesome series! Thanks for the laughs.
    Forum Moderator

Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:00 pm  

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/title/wogstrip142a.htm This one is for mature audiences only. Embarassed
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:29 pm  

Tease Wink

Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:12 am  

I have a bucket of cold water with your name on it people. Laughing
    Forum Moderator

Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:55 pm  

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/title/wogstrip143a.htm Well David, here is a cold scenario involving our favorite cultists.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:19 am  

Nice Stuff! I also dabble in RPG comics. Happy
    Forum Moderator

Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:16 pm  

Thank you! Any chance I can see some of your art?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:39 am  

I sent a PM. My comic/RPG site is www.crithitcomics.com

The hopeless Tharizdun cultists are my fave...
    Forum Moderator

Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:12 am  

Wow! I'm impressed by the site and everything. That is how I'd like my site to be if I had the patience. Very cool. Your comic style is quite good too, plus I like the B&W look, doing color is tedious sometimes. I've got this on my bookmarks now. Thanks for sharing Senpai, seeing other artists is the best inspiration for me to do more work.
    Forum Moderator

Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:53 am  

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/title/wogstrip144a.htm This one is alot of reading, but it's worth it. Wink
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:13 am  

Luckly for Eberron, Mystra won't try this trick as she's gone all Neutral Good now. Yay moral ambiguity!
    Master Greytalker

Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:35 pm  

That was funny. I liked.

Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:14 pm  

Very nice 2-paneller. Laughing

Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:14 pm  

Thank ya Eileen! Smile

D.B. I know I must've done good if I got Booster gold and the Blue Beetle to laugh!
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:32 am  

I have a whole photobucket account full of pics for messageboards.

I'm just waiting for the right opputunity to post some of my 'Fail!' pictures.
    Forum Moderator

Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:33 pm  

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/title/wogstrip145a.htm More cultists. Literally!
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:19 am  

I see your flowchart and raise you a map of the internet!
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:20 am  

mortellan wrote:
    http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/title/wogstrip145a.htm More cultists. Literally!

I love those guys. Have you thought about naming them?

Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:08 pm  

DavidBedlam wrote:
    I see your flowchart and raise you a map of the internet!
    LOL that map is awesome. Strangely I think that map is better than the DA Oerth map.
    Forum Moderator

Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:10 pm  

Wolfsire wrote:
    That would compromise their secret identities as upstanding members of Greyhawk society.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:39 pm  

mortellan wrote:
    Wolfsire wrote:
    That would compromise their secret identities as upstanding members of Greyhawk society.

OOOOHhh, so they are upstandaning members of Greyhawk society ... narrowing in on their secret identity ... upstanding, huh, ... I was thinking more along the lines of Cheech and Chong ...

Breath deep the gathering gloom,
    Turn black lights on in every room ....

Wink

Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:53 pm  

Grist for the mill. Two things -

1) In 4e, the "core" pantheon that was largely GH in 3x is now GH plus other folks so some GH deities are getting "demoted,"

2) In the new 4e "core" pantheon, FR's Bane joins GH's Pelor.

There have got to be some ideas in these developments somewhere! Cool

Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:55 pm  

Dammit GVD, you are getting ahead of me. Yeah that post is spot on, seems I have new and twisted opportunities for parody in 4e!
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:49 am  

No kidding! I already have one idea for Bane!

Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:01 pm  

I was inspired by WOG to do a little humorous artwork myself. Hopefully Mortellan won't mind his cultist being in a guest-star role! Happy

view here: http://www.crithitcomics.com/greyhawk.htm
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:19 pm  

SenpaiLee wrote:
    I was inspired by WOG to do a little humorous artwork myself. Hopefully Mortellan won't mind his cultist being in a guest-star role! Happy

view here: http://www.crithitcomics.com/greyhawk.htm

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:28 pm  

YES! Laughing

That was a great one Senpai! You nailed the relentlessly hopeless determination of the cultist and that drow, yummy! Thanks for the mention too. Very cool.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:54 pm  

Of course, a few hours after I reveal it on my site, I'm reminded by an old-skooler that Drow hair should be white. A good rack is no excuse for being non-canon... Confused
    Forum Moderator

Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:06 am  

White hair? Oh! Oh yes she has white hair. Yes I noticed this too... Shocked

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/title/wogstrip147a.htm Here is some gratuitous mini action.
    Master Greytalker

Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:19 am  

You guys ever consider using Canonfire members as cartoon characters in your strips? Turn them into new Greyhawk figures. See what happens.

Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:59 pm  

I'm pretty sure I've lampooned at least one CF member, maybe more. I often drop names in the commentary but characterization of a Greytalk member is a tricky thing. Are we wanting to personally meet Istus, Eileen? ;)
    Master Greytalker

Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:11 am  

SenpaiLee wrote:
    Of course, a few hours after I reveal it on my site, I'm reminded by an old-skooler that Drow hair should be white.

Could be a dye job...judging from the picture, that wouldn't be the only thing that wasn't real...
    Master Greytalker

Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:31 am  

Mortellan
    That's up to you. Just remember, were both cute and I'm spoiled.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:48 pm  

Hoo-boy. How does Istus put up with you?
    Master Greytalker

Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:05 am  

Put up with me? Excuse me? Istus does not have to put up with me, she CHOSE me. There are two types of people in this world, those who's fate bodes poorly, who every turn of their life strikes them down with misery and suffering.

And then there are the beutiful people.

I came from a wealthy family, the mansion overlooks Zagyg's Bridge outside Greyhawk City. It has been in the family for several generations. The land was originally given to my ancestors by Mayor Zagyg himself. We have several servants which are necessary to properly run the home and surrounding acres. My father is a high ranking official in the Greyhawk military while my mother is a moderate wizard but more renown for her work as an artist (painting).

But just so you don't think I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth, allow me to tell you about the things I have had to endure:

As a young child I was CHOSEN (not put up with) by Istus. Chosen to perform the most important task of all, to save the souls of the Flanaess from the evils of their vanity and ways of unaceptable ways of worship. Being entrusted with millions of souls is not something I take lightly, and so clearly a great burden has been placed upon my shoulders.

I thought my life was going to be as simple as travelling around the Flanaess, kindly speaking to strangers to accept the true ways of worship before the gods would cast their final judgments upon them. I thought I would be travelling with a large caravan, filled with guards, scouts, and servants. All I asked for was a lovely travelling wagon for me and a wonderful tent for my horse (my father was Baklunish). We would stop at every small village and major town, speaking to the populace, eating at the finest places (roasted duck is my favorite) and sleeping at every 5 star inn along the way. As you can see my expectations were more than reasonable. Hardly what I would call extravagant.

Not only have I had to make my journeys without said caravan and servants, but I have been asked to sleep on the cold hard ground, REGARDLESS OF SEASON, play guard duty for a few hours each night, ensure the safety of my companions, those who have sworn loyalty to serving me and my purpose. I am expected to collect firewood, cook on occasion, even fight an occasional monster or two.

Not only have I had to travel in less comfort than I deserve, but I have also had to endure dungeon after dungeon, each one of them dark, damp, cold, and smelly. Each one filled with all sorts of terrible monsters lurking about. Meanwhile I am expected to find some magic weapons that have great spiritual significance to the world and make sure they are properly returned to their planar resting place.

I have had to organize a meeting of virtually every religion in the Flanaess in order to properly instruct them in the ways of the Gods, which by the way is not easy when your 19 years old and trying to tell 60 year old clerics what they are doing wrong and what they need to be showing their lesser clerics when they return to their homeland. And that is another thing, not every religious leader present was exactly agreeable with me. Although in time I'm sure they learned the error of their ways.

I have had to listen to constant bickering between the paladin and wizard about which moral actions are right and wrong, while at the same time correcting both of them when they go to far with their foolish ideas.

I have had my soul sucked out at the Ghost Tower of Inverness; skewered by a troglodyte's spear in White Plume Mountain; been intentionally embarresed in front of the entire congregation of Istus by a heathen use to be cleric; had evil culstists create Pillars of Spiritual Corruption so they could destroy every religion that opposes them beginning with Istus; been held captive by a ghost; had a death knight try and murder me; give up my hard earned coins to restore my so called dead guardians/companions; almost drowned in the Temple of Elemental Evil; and have had the weight of knowing many terrible prophecies which will befall the world, and then try and tell people these prophecies and hope they don't get mad at me! And to top things off, my character sheet is 21 pages long. You think for one moment that it's been easy?

And despite all of this, I still keep a positive outlook on life. So do I think I am entitled to a couple of small but nice things in life? Yes I think I am. Now if your done criticizing me, I have to see if the chamber servant has prepared my hot bath filled with rose petals, and this time the towels better be heated as well.

Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:21 pm  

Ye gawds, don't these Prophets go on and on. It's a wonder they've got any time left for saving whole worlds and whatnot.

Anyway, when you're ready, you carry on and save us all so we nobodies can get back to our lives of petty larceny. I'm beginning to feel like them there cultists.
    Master Greytalker

Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:09 pm  

Part of being a prophet is having the gift of gab. Besides, I am time management efficient. By the way how come your just standing around, don't you have a evil empire of the coast to crumble by acquiring certain....documents. Quite frankly ever since we met you've been leaning up against that tree. It's all I have ever seen you do. Least wise I'm trying to save your soul.

Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:12 pm  

LOL. Very impressive Eileen! Now I think I have plenty of ammo to use. ;)
    Master Greytalker

Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:23 pm  

Does that mean you have Ragr in your sights? If so, SWEET! With his Dex I doubt he'll make any kind of saving throw. Of coarse the way I understand things, we all only have a few months left to make them.

Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:24 am  

Tree? That's actually the rear end of a Dragon that I had just single handedly taken down. Wouldn't you want to lean on it and pose impressively?

Probably not for long.

It's always amazing what people leave lying around the wilderness these days.
    Master Greytalker

Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:18 am  

Well, considering you have size issues and clearly your not very tall, I'd would say that it is a very small dragon. I'm trying to figure out the Challenge Rating but you didn't specify the color, judging from you awesome portrait I'd say it was a green dragon, so given your approximate height, calculating in the apparent size of the creature, taking into consideration decomposition issues, the direction of the sun, and time of day your pose was taken, I'd say it was a large dragon, and according to the MM that would make it either a juvenile or young adult. Taking into consideration your incredible abilty to tell tall tales, I'd have to go with juvenile, which oh let's see has a challenge rating of 8.

And somehow this is suppose to impress me?

However, if it will make you feel better I suppose I could stand next to you for a couple of quick celebrity shots. Are you going to want my autograph as well?

Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:12 pm  

Challenge rating? Decomposition factor? Juvenile?

You've fallen straight into my cunning trap, Prophet.

All can now see your true identity.

Your mask has slipped. Your facade has been revealed. Your sham has been.......oh whatever!

I, Ragr, now reveal your true name;

Eileen, Prophet of the Eternal Rules Lawyers. Shocked

Thanks, an autograph would be great; I've just recently put some points on Forgery.

Oh, and perhaps a lock of hair. Cool
    Master Greytalker

Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:23 pm  

Actually the whole name is Eileen of Greyhawk, Prophet of Istus, Messenger of the Gods but I couldn't fit all if it into the canonfire account so I had to shorten it up.

Ok, I can understand the autograph and the forgery, but what do you want to do with a lock of my hair. Somehow I think if I had an untimely demise your not thinking about ressurecting me, so what exactly do you have in mind? I hope it is honorable!

Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:29 pm  

Honourable's my middle name. Wink

I own, sorry, know a Mage who does stuff with people's hair. Some sort of spying thing.

Entirely benign. You know, like if you're in danger, I'll see it and launch a rescue. Wink Wink Wink

And if I can't get to you in time I can alert the authorities as to where you keep your belongings. So they can be returned to your loved ones.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    [ 1, 2  Next]
    Page 1 of 2

Jump to: