Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Oracle of Whisperpeak(cf.Map of the Sheldomar Valley 593 CY)
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Oracle of Whisperpeak(cf.Map of the Sheldomar Valley 593 CY)
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:48 am  
    Oracle of Whisperpeak(cf.Map of the Sheldomar Valley 593 CY)

In my campaign, the party are travelling in the Crystalmists mountains (near the Jotens in the moment) searching for an entity called "The Oracle of Water" (who is in truth, a Water Elemental Weird from MM2 DD3e). In the near future (after the next story) i am planning for this encounter, though i am still undecided about the place. After checking The Map of Sheldomar Valley in 593 CY, i noted that in the Jotens, there is a marking called "The Oracle of Whisperpeak". As the party is relatively close to the site, perhaps i could use the Water Weird in this place, but i didnt find a reference about this site in my sources. Do you have any information about this Oracle of Whisperpeak?

thanks in advance,
    Victor
    Adept Greytalker

Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:13 pm  

That's from my campaign (my sheldomar map was used to fill in some of the empty areas on the map you are referring to).

I don't really have any details to share, it's something that I intend to develop but haven't gotten around to yet.

Whisperpeak is just the name of one specific mountain there, and there's an oracle there, possibly of importance to some of the Suel religions.

Feel free to do whatever suits your campaign with it, and share your ideas!

Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:28 pm  

Thanks a LOT, Chatdemon. I'll just relocate to the spine of Crystalmists in my campaign. I planned for an encounter with a Water Oracle, which is the Elemental Weird (Water) described in MM2. This creature have the power to reveal some facts to the group (though none will be particularly new), and restore the memory of the fighter (through a wish/miracle) who discovered he's the son of Bucknard who plotted for the destruction of Iuz but now languishes in Grazz't Argent Palace. Meanwhile Iuz correctly believes that the wizard plan can still go on, as his soulgem is still missing (details in the "Death of Iuz" thread) , so he tries to capture all who are related to this former Circle of Eight member. The end of the amnesia wont elucidate details of the plan, but the fighter will have all his memory restored. This oracle is an important npc in my campaign, so i wanted to make sure about Whisperspeak. Again, my thanks :)

Victor Caminha
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: