Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Short War Question?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Short War Question?
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:01 am  
    Short War Question?

would it posible for a combined force from Furyondy, Veluna, and Verbabonc to have had a significant (athough perhaps only temporary in the long run) victory over the Keoish forces in the Iron Wood in 438 cy?
    Forum Moderator

Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:56 am  

I think from what I've researched I'd say they did.

Verbobonc was Veluna's main riverport to the east and in keeping with Rao, the Velunese were more apt to make treaties and end aggressions than fight back when Keoland moved in during 355cy. Furyondy finally jumped in by 438 once they felt threatened themselves by the leader of Gran March wanting more of Veluna. Furyondy of course was just as bad as Keoland which led to the annexation of Bissel and the ceding of Veluna afterwards. Anyhoo, IF and its a big IF the three territories presently known as Veluna, Furyondy and Verbobonc could've rallied immediately in 355 not 438, the Iron Wood if not all of Veluna would have been completely Keoish free from the start. Indeed the Furyondians led by the Knights of the Hart almost singlehandedly(I doubt Veluna offered large assistance given their mindset) made it all the way to Hookhill until Keoish reinforcements abutted their advance.

Keo-Gran-Bissel vs Fury-Vel-Ver=2+ million people each so their pool of armed forces would have been evenly matched. Only internal politics and possibly other border troubles would have kept these two alliances from having a 'Long War'. As it turns out Keoland let their north provinces go without much of a fight and Furyondy maybe wisely knew when to cash out, stopping their advance at Bissel(I'd say by Veluna's insistence).
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:35 am  

thanks for the reply Mort....

does anybody else have an opinion on this subject... maybe one of the Keoland guru's like Gary?
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: