ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Greyhawk Adventures in 3rd edition
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Greyhawk Adventures in 3rd edition
    Novice

Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:35 am  
    Greyhawk Adventures in 3rd edition

Hello,

I was just wondering if there are any actual adventures for Greyhawk? I know that there is ToEE and Living Greyhawk but neither will work for my home group, some in my group have played ToEE and for some reason NONE of them want to join the RPGA and play those adventures.

I'm not very good at planning adventures/campaigns so I'm looking for something I can just kind of drop my players into. Are there any newer adventures available? Or has anyone converted some of the really old adventures to 3.5?

Any help that can be given would be appreiciated.

Thanks,

DK
    Novice

Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:11 am  

I create 99.9% of my own adventures, so I'm not an expert on published modules.

However, Dungeon magazine has never done me wrong. The vast majority of the adventures will be compatable with GH, it is all 3rd edition,(3.5 now) and at worst, you have to change some place names. 6 or 7 bucks will get you 4 or 5 nights worth of game. Ya can't beat that with a stick.
    CF Admin

Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:07 am  

If you're looking for some GH-specific adventures from Dungeon, see my GH Dungeon index at http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/gh_dungeon_adventures.html

I update it every few issues with the relevant GH stuff from Dungeon magazine.

Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:19 am  

Also, Canonfire will be releasing free, downloadable pdf ebook adventures.

Otherwise if you visit the adventure page at the link below, there are plent stat'd in 3rd Ed. or generic.

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=News&new_topic=30

Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:33 am  

Bad Times in the Good Hills (the first on the list of the link that Abyss provided) is a 3.5 edition adventure for 8th level characters. I have heard several good things about it ;)
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:46 am  

If you can find a copy on EBay or something, there's Fright at Tristor, a limited edition adventure (set in Theocracy of the Pale) that was given to RPGA members in 2001.

Also, check out the RPGA's Living Greyhawk website (www.wizards.com/greyhawk), you'll find information on how to take the "herald level" rpga test (rpga membership is free now, the herald test is for those who want to run rpga games). Once you pass that, you can tell them you're running "game days" for your play group and order some adventures geared toward whatever Greyhawk Region corresponds to your real world area. I believe they send them to you as PDF files, and the quality of the adventures themselves varies greatly, but it's worth checking out.

Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:50 am  

Also, keep an eye out for Troll Lord Games' Castle Zagyg, coming soon, by Gygax and Kuntz. While not official "canon", it's obviously intended to be set in Greyhawk.
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: