Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Bandit Kindgoms info
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk!
    Bandit Kindgoms info
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:39 am  
    Bandit Kindgoms info

Greetings to all. I'm a fairly new Greyhawk fan. I purchased the LGG a few years back, because I was planning to start a Living Greyhawk campaign, but I never managed to get a group together. I recently pulled it off the shelf and was thumbing through it for kicks, & I got interested in DMing a game set in the Bandit Kingdoms. I was wondering if anyone could point me towards any good sources of information on the Bandit Kingdoms. I have downloaded the excellent map that's available, however I'm having trouble placing a few of the kingdoms on the map, particularly Grosskopf. Comparing the description in the LGG & the map, it looks like it's in Tehn. Thank you in advance.
    Master Greytalker

Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:07 pm  

Welcome to the site and to the greatest setting ever!

You can find some excellent maps right here under the "maps" topic ("Topics" is at the upper left of your screen). Also, you'll probably want to check out the Bandit Kingdoms RPGA website, which hosts several useful items. Just google "Bandit Kingdoms" and you'll have no trouble finding it. The Greyhawk wiki is a pretty good resource for all things Greyhawk (link is in the upper righthand corner of your screen). Also, simply typing "Bandit Kingdoms" in the search bar midway down the left side of your screen will yield several useful articles. Finally, you can glean a significant amount of information by sifting through the old posts listed in the forum index.
    CF Admin

Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:56 am  
    Re: Bandit Kindgoms info

rob44 wrote:
    ... however I'm having trouble placing a few of the kingdoms on the map, particularly Grosskopf. Comparing the description in the LGG & the map, it looks like it's in Tehn.

Grosskopf is across the Zumker River from Tenh. "Where the Bandits Are" in Dragon 63 (which spells it Groskopf) has a map showing exactly where each bandit freehold is using the Darlene map. As noted in the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer, Grosskopf comprises the eastern Bluff Hills and all the land 30 to 40 miles west of the Zumker River to its half-way to the Atronsamay River.

Does that help a little?

Don (Greyson)
    Nyrond Triad - PoC

Last edited by Greyson on Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:38 am  

Yes, it does. Thank you both for your help.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:02 pm  

You might find the second edition AD&D product "Iuz the Evil" helpful for fleshing out the Bandit Kingdoms (the BK were, for the most part, swallowed up by the empire of Iuz during the Greyhawk Wars).
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: