ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - I am back to the forums
    Canonfire Forum Index -> The Backalley
    I am back to the forums
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:26 am  
    I am back to the forums

Hi all,

Sorry that I have been out of it for a while, but I had some personal issues. My wife gave birth to our first child! Zachary William was born in October. Unfortunately, he was born with defective kidneys. It was touch and go for a while there, but now he is in stable condition. He will eventually need a transplant but he now looks like a healthy kid. Soon he will be smiting evil just like his old man.

We had to move to San Antonio to be closer to our doctors. I was fortunate in that I managed to get a compassionate reassignment from my previous station and was transfered to an army base in San Antonio. I will never make fun of military doctors again, they saved my boy when we got from other doctors that there was nothing that could be done. It really makes you focus on what is important.

So I will drop in from time to time, just not as often. Keep up the good work and I will talk to you all again later!

Osmund-Davizid
    David Smith
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:41 pm  

O-D, I am glad both that thing are working out and that you dropped a line. I know a few people that went though the same thing and everything worked out in the end. So chin up and welcome back.

Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:53 am  

O-D,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Like Wolfsire, I know another couple who had children (2actually) with similar problems. They were Airforce, and they were thankful to get stationed in San Antonio. The doctors there were supposed to be exceptional on the military side. Plus, there are several world class private children's hospitals there pioneering all sorts of new techiques for children.

I hope all goes well.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> The Backalley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: