Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Fortress of the Yuan Ti
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- Heresy!
    Fortress of the Yuan Ti
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:34 pm  
    Fortress of the Yuan Ti

Hi, I am running this adventure (though it really is not very good) because I ran through the first two of the three (also not very good) but would like to finish them just to say I have.

Here is what this topic is about: i want to know where in the Flanaess to put the adventure.

There is literally one friendly NPC in the adventure, and nothing else alluding to where it should take place.

I want to vastly deviate from the adventure to make it more of an issue of the heroes joining up with a local power group to overthrow that malefic yuan-ti and they slaving ways.

Any ideas?
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:10 pm  

What geographical features does the module require to be present? That will help us in giving advice on your question.

Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:05 am  

Well, it takes place in a hilly region in the shadow of a huge cliff face. There is no civilization nearby (though I would like that to change) and there is but one small village full of slaves of the Yuan Ti.

There is also a giant fortress carved into the cliff face, but that makes little difference where the whole location is.

I want to add a local province of militant types in opposition to the Yuan Ti, but they simply lack enough mettle to drive them away for good. Examples would be a small knighthood, or maybe the full family of a local baron or something along those lines.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:43 am  

You could put it on the east end or even the southern side of the Amedio penninsula. You could even put it on one of the islands southeast of the Amedio Penninsula. Rather than have a full-on city nearby, you could have a merchant oupost run by a northern guild, maybe out of Gradsul or Gryrax. Such a place would probably be a palisaded area with a dozen buildings or so. Not a true village even, but more of a fortified trading post. You could loot some ideas/locations from the Savage Tide Adventure Path from Dragon Magazine. It contains a few ready-made locations similar enough to that. Change few bits to suit your campaign and there you have it.

Here is a link to a small map of the Amedio area done by Tlameta.

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/canonfire/TalMeta_-_The_Amedio_Region_(jpg).JPG

Vist the Downloads section here at Canonfire! for this and other maps.

Last edited by Cebrion on Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:44 pm  

The Yungti supposedly originated in Hepmonaland and hold cities there. See the book The Scarlet Brotherhood. Fanon hold that there is a Yungti city in the Hool. I am not crazy about them as a race, too powerful but would locate them also in the islands south and west of the Amedio.

Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:28 am  

Yes, I agree. Amedio it is. I have been digging around in things...and have come up with the fruit of your alls suggestions. And it is a snakey fruit.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- Heresy! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: