Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Using Greyhawk in other game systems.
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Using Greyhawk in other game systems.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:31 am  
    Using Greyhawk in other game systems.

I am currently running a campaign in Greyhawk set in the time period of the From the Ashes supplement. The game system I am using is SPI's old DragonQuest game. The background information on the major NPCs is usually thorough enough that I have little trouble working up stats for them. I'm curious if anyone else plays in Greyhawk using a system other than DnD?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:21 am  

Once i used a modificated version of the World of Darkeness D10 system...the game was fun...a lot mortal, no soo epic.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:19 pm  

I run Greyhawk using GURPS for basic character stats and the Talislant 4 ed. magic system, tweaked for GURPS. So far, so good. I like the GURPS system of advantages and disadvantages, and was able to put together cultural templates for the various human subraces as well as the demi-humans of the realm.
    Novice

Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:53 pm  

I haven't yet, but if I do, it's pretty certain that I would use the Savage Worlds system. SW is pretty much the only system I use anymore.

Gordon
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:36 pm  

I had actually considered using GURPS, but the heroic fantasy feel of DragonQuest appealed to me more. I will, however, be using the GURPS mass combat rules when my players get involved in military engagements.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:58 am  

I've converted several GH modules for use in M.E.R.P (Middle Earth ROle Playing). The MERP system is very well detailed on the country-scale level, but needs alot of fleshing out on the smaller scale. I have found many adventures that convert quite easily for use in this system.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat May 08, 2004 2:39 pm  

I've heard of it being done with Runequest III rules...a game system I rather enjoyed, but I've never pesonally seen it done with any system other than D&D.
    Adept Greytalker

Sun May 09, 2004 12:22 am  

SemajTheSilent wrote:
    I've heard of it being done with Runequest III rules...a game system I rather enjoyed, but I've never pesonally seen it done with any system other than D&D.

Check out Tal Meta's website (Tal is a long time Greyhawk fan and a "behind the scenes" Canonfire administrator) for lots of cool RQ3 Greyhawk material:

http://www.talmeta.net/rpg.htm

Sun May 09, 2004 6:40 am  
    HeroQuest for Greyhawk

As seen in my other post "Describing the peoples of Greyhawk" I'm not having any luck finding the resources or input from others to do it effectivly but I'm a firm beliver that HeroQuest would do nicely for an alternative ruleset.
    Its a love hate thing though, the rules are not everyones cup of tea.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: