Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Q: Lendore Isles, Spindrift Isles and People of the Testing
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Q: Lendore Isles, Spindrift Isles and People of the Testing
    Novice

Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:41 am  
    Q: Lendore Isles, Spindrift Isles and People of the Testing

I'm trying to write a Living Greyhawk scenario (set in Sunndi), related to the People of the Testing and the Lendore Isles. I've found some references in canon to them (Living Greyhawk Gazeteer (including the stuff cut from it), From the Ashes boxed set, and I've got L1 and L2, although the information in those is outdated).

I'm trying to find some more information regarding the following subjects:

The People of the Testing, and their relationship to Celene, Spindrift Isles and Sunndi in particular.
    The rebels from the Lendore Isles, and what they're doing in Sunndi (Pitchfield)
    The Spindrift Isles, and what the cult of Sehanine is trying to do there.
    The City of Glass (just 'cause it's a great resource, which I might use :)

If anyone can give me some insights into the history and background of these topics, I'd be very much obliged.

Regards,

Bas Vermeulen
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:00 pm  
    hmmm

I run a campaign in Sunndi, has there been any results of this thread at all? I would interested in hearing anything about them as well that anyone knows. Also how is that scenario going for you?

Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:12 pm  

I did a small write-up on the Moonarch of Sehanine, and a possible tie-in with the faerie Court of Rings, in OJ9. It's in my Fading Lands article.

One connection I found while researching that was that Canryell's Well (FtA Campaign Book, pg 48) looks like it might have a connection with the People of the Testing.

Hope this helps!

I didn't design the world,
    I merely facilitated its creation
    Master Greytalker

Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:46 am  

Off the top of my head:

1) The People of the Testing is a loose organisation of those elves that agreed with Sehanine's beliefs, who wish to reunite the elven race as it was meant to be before the sundering of the race into various factions and are prepared to do whatever they feel is neccessary to achieve this goal.

B) Relationships
    Celene: As the dominate and largest Elven nation within the Flanaess it is important and it has considerable influence. Queen Yolande at present favors and supports their goals of Elven reunification many blame the people of the testing for Celene current isolationist policies and they are opposed within Celene most notably by the Knights of Luna.

Spindrift Isles aka Lendore Isles: Cult of Sehanine seized control of the Isles evicted almost all elves and established an isolated elven theocracy to serve as an elven homeland for those elves recieving "the call".

Sunndi: The People of the Testing are trying to diplomatically sway the elven King toward supporting their philosophy and goals while the "rebels" in pitchfield are simply the former non-elven inhabitants who fled to various lands including Sunndi. Many are bitter since the were evicted, many with only the clothes on there back, so they seek support and funds to return to the isles.

Embarassed Sorry you wanted canon references... my bad, it is late.

Hope my post was some help, if not ignore it Wink
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:51 am  

This is probably useless to you, but I've been toying with the idea that the archmage Lendor, to give the refugees in the City of Glass their own land and freedom from the elves, takes them back in time. And they beget the Suel race. It strikes me as a very cyclical, Lendorish thing to do.

Seemed like it'd make an interesting campaign, particularly if the Suel gods are ascended mortals -- Wee Jas, Kord, Lydia, and the rest could be alive right now in Greyhawk It'd explain Lendor as the head of the pantheon.

Cheers
    Nell.
    CF Admin

Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:32 pm  

I posted an out-take from the LGG by Fred Weining, may prove helpful/inspirational on the WotC boards in a discussion about the City of Glass some time ago. It's at
    http://boards.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=120150

edit: I just remembered that there's an article by Rob Kuntz in the "Greyhawk's World" series in Dragon 65 IIRC, that also deals with the City of Glass.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: