JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - What happened to all the 2ed stuff
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- AD&D 1st Edition
    What happened to all the 2ed stuff
    Novice

Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:16 am  
    What happened to all the 2ed stuff

I noticed recently since ive gotten back into gaming that it is nearly impossible to find a used 2ed book!!! It used to be you would go into your local hobby / comic store and find a cuple for sale now there no were to be found it like agents from Wotc came and bought them all up. Any way just wanted to rant about the horror that is wotc
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:04 am  

ehehehe

well, we (in brazil) just had 2ed books in gamestores when 2ed was still being produced.

now, just nobleknight for me :D
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:00 am  

I don't know where you live Embraceyourshadow, but here in the pacific north-west there are still plenty of older edition books to be found... of course they are not so much found at the hobby-gaming shops any more (although they do occasionally turn up there). Half-Priced Books is where I see most of them these days, along with a few other used books stores... so if you have any places like that around, that is where I would try.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:10 pm  

Given that TSR... excuse me... T$R... went bankrupt in 1997, it's no surprise that you aren't encountering AD&D 2.0 material in the local hobby and comic shops. As was mentioned, you'll have better luck at used book stores.

I greatly augmented my hoard by picking up items on eBay. A quick check over there just now revealed that there are still great treasures to be found in that dark domain.

The 1982 Monster cards, for instance, with the bidding at 99 cents.

Ooo.... LJN toys, in original packaging. Carrion Crawler, Heroic Men-at-Arms, Sarken Mercenaries (someday I'll write about Sarka, bane of the Baklunish), and the Shambling Mound. I always wanted the Shambling Mound. This one is up to $4.80

How about Q-1, G 1-2-3, EX-1, and FR-1, a lot currently at $10.50? You could give the FR-1 to someone you dislike.

G-1-2-3, D-1-2, and Q-1 for $10.19. That's just plain awesome.

#1015 for $10.50... That's almost insultingly low.
    ACK! and once again at $4.00.
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:19 am  

Fenreer wrote:
    Sarken Mercenaries

whats that? a book?

Quote:
    How about Q-1, G 1-2-3, EX-1, and FR-1, a lot currently at $10.50? You could give the FR-1 to someone you dislike

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:04 pm  

[quote="rossik"]
    Fenreer wrote:
    Sarken Mercenaries

whats that? a book?[quote]

They're these guys , from the old LJN toy collection. I've known several DMs, and am one myself, who were compelled to create a nation called Sarka (or similar name) for these guys to hail from. Mine ended up being far to the west of Zeif for a long while, until I retconned my campaign and stuck it in what would be the eastern edge of the "Celestial Imperium" where they could have made a huge profit fighting for against the Baklunish and Suel, while helping to keep the Oeridians migrating eastward on threat of death.
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:19 pm  

wow, those LJN toys are always a surprise!
    i thought i had see them all, but i didnt ;)

thanks for thr info
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:33 am  

Hmm... I wonder if I've seen them all? There must be a website out there somewhere with an exhaustive list of these pretties. We're a geek hobby, and every geek hobby has a site with this sort of list of stuff on it.

*opens a new window to consult Google*

Amazing what one can find when he "Feels Lucky": http://www.toyarchive.com/DungeonsDragons.html

Wow... There was far more stuff out there than I imagined.
    Adept Greytalker

Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:19 am  

Fenreer wrote:
    Hmm... I wonder if I've seen them all? There must be a website out there somewhere with an exhaustive list of these pretties. We're a geek hobby, and every geek hobby has a site with this sort of list of stuff on it.

*opens a new window to consult Google*

Amazing what one can find when he "Feels Lucky": http://www.toyarchive.com/DungeonsDragons.html

Wow... There was far more stuff out there than I imagined.

strange thing is that i've already been there, just didnt recall :D

you have to love the 1ed tarrasque
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:05 pm  
    finding 2nd edition stuff

I have been getting tons of 1st and 2nd edition AD&D modules and books off of eBAY for years now. Pretty much anything ever created by TSR or Wizards of the Coast since the 70s is on there. Some of it is cheap (less than 10 bucks), while rare items can go as high as 100 or more. If you are looking for something and its not on there, just wait a few days and someone will list it for sale.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:51 am  

I know this is kinda late Embrace but i have 26 books all 2nd edition in a zip file if your willing send me your email address and ill send them to you.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- AD&D 1st Edition All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: