ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Castle of the Mad Archmage - May Release
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Castle of the Mad Archmage - May Release
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:59 am  
    Castle of the Mad Archmage - May Release

Hi all!

For those who have been following it, the latest release of Castle of the Mad Archmage is available now for download at my blog:

http://greyhawkgrognard.blogspot.com

Joseph
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:43 pm  

Joseph -- another triumph. This one really is a thinking man's level, with a large number of NPCs and monsters (even the grumblegrumblegrumble flumphs :P ) not meant to fall to the swords of a kill-happy party. My party is just such a party. They have the SOP of "if it's in the dungeon, kill it. If it acts friendly, kill it quicker, it's proabably about to stab us in the back."

Speaking of the party in the dungeons -- they just got through being nearly killed in the "fountain of snakes" room. The party leader (an Aasimar assassin Confused ) was damn near immune to snake venom, and kept saying "-- just a few more! Think of the gold and XP we'll get for the snakeskins!" while the anacondas, rattlers, black mambas, coral snakes and asps kept flowing out. He was stalwart up until the dwarven berserker finally failed a venom save and died -- I reckon his blood was more venom that hemoglobin by that point anyway... Laughing
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri May 01, 2009 11:04 pm  

Just curious - the releases have been coming out pretty regularly which is good. No anticipated problems or delays on the horizon (apart from life getting in the way)?
    Forum Moderator

Fri May 01, 2009 11:48 pm  

Looks great Joe! Always great to get new content from around the Greyhawk community, and the blog has also been a fun read. One of my favorites. Kudos!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun May 03, 2009 11:01 pm  

Regarding your kill-happy players: deduct experience for killing 'friendlies'. And, the forces of Good look after their own, send an aasimon down to teach them a few lessons. If word gets out that they have incurred the wrath of some good deities support by the local populace will dry up REAL quick, and, of course the forces of Evil will take note!

ciao!
    The Grey Mouser

"I drank what?" - Socrates
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Mon May 04, 2009 1:51 am  

Nice to this continuing along. I was going to offer doing up some old school versions of the maps but somebody already beat me to it on the last installment. Keep up the good work!

Tue May 05, 2009 5:25 am  

Pat: Thanks for the kind words. There are definitely things on each of the levels that are specifically designed to cure PCs of the "see it, kill it" mindset. Some things are there to be run away from. And as for your poison-proof assassin, that's when the giant pythons and boas start coming out of the fountain...

Midwife: Nothing specific on the horizon (in fact, Level 6 is way ahead of schedule, oweing to its unique design). Just want to give myself the leeway to skip a month if needed.

Mortellan: Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Cebrion: As a matter of fact I spoke with Joe the cartographer last night and we should be seeing a passel of new "classic blue" maps in the next installment. Plus, he's been working on another style which I'll probably be offering as an alternative on the blog. PLUS the poster maps, which I just effing love. He's been doing terrific work.

Joe
    http://greyhawkgrognard.blogspot.com
    CF Admin

Thu May 07, 2009 4:58 pm  

Thulcondar wrote:
    Nothing specific on the horizon (in fact, Level 6 is way ahead of schedule, oweing to its unique design). Just want to give myself the leeway to skip a month if needed.

I noticed that: are you planning to publish early when you finish sooner than month-end (mid-month??), and take the rest of the month off, or steam ahead into level 7?

Mon May 11, 2009 7:17 am  

Looks like Joe answered my Q since the May release is now available (and I retitled this thread appropriately): http://greyhawkgrognard.blogspot.com/2009/05/castle-of-mad-archmage-may-release-now.html
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: