Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Xvarts - Where are they in 3.x?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Xvarts - Where are they in 3.x?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:37 pm  
    Xvarts - Where are they in 3.x?

I have looked in all of my sources, and I am at a brick wall. Only thing I think I could use for them is Blues which are a race of blue psionic goblins. So what to do with Raxivort then? Can anyone clue me in?

Question

Jim
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:45 pm  
    Re: Xvarts - Where are they in 3.x?

Soft-Paws wrote:
    I have looked in all of my sources, and I am at a brick wall. Only thing I think I could use for them is Blues which are a race of blue psionic goblins. So what to do with Raxivort then? Can anyone clue me in?

Question

Jim

In IIRC Dragon 339, they have a "Campaign Classics" article which updates "odds 'n' sods" monsters from the different campaign worlds that never got a proper conversion. I believe Xvarts were one of them.
    GreySage

Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:47 pm  

Xvarts were given 3e stats in Dragon #339, in the Living Greyhawk Journal #1, and in the Living Greyhawk adventure River of Blood by Erik Mona. If you have earlier-edition statistics, it probably wouldn't be hard to convert them; they're not a complicated monster.

If you choose not to use xvarts in your campaign, Raxivort could still appear as the god of rats, bats, and wererats.
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:08 pm  

Xvarts also appear in Dragonscales at Morningtide, an early Living Greyhawk adventure by SKR.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:30 am  

OK Smile Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. It just kinda ticks me off when WotC will release a product but don't take enough care with it to ensure the reader that they have all they need for their campaigns. They make mention of them in LGG under Raxivort in the deities section.

Funny thing is not even my beloved Tome of Horrors had them in that book!

Oh well such is life! Thanks again. Smile

Jim
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: