JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - tome of acererak -drgon magazine 225
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- AD&D 2nd Edition
    tome of acererak -drgon magazine 225
    Adept Greytalker

Sat May 09, 2009 4:56 am  
    tome of acererak -drgon magazine 225

amazing work describing tomes for vecna, acererak and iggy.

the thing is about acererak blackstone negative effect: after it reaches it limitis, it explodes for 1d4 per level drained. i thought that since it requires a ioun stone of the absorvin type, it wouldnt do that much damage, heh?

so, for those who can read the article, what do you think?

theres a little space in "1 d4"...maybe it was intended t be 10d4 per level? Laughing

no, j/k...

but anyway, wasnt that little damaging, comparing to the story it tells in the description of the tome??
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat May 09, 2009 9:47 pm  

I haven't read this article though I do have two of the modules dealing with this and the dungeons in question are very well detailed in those modules. I suppose if I really wanted to know what that article said I could buy or download the pdf of all dragon back issues.
    Adept Greytalker

Mon May 11, 2009 5:22 am  

Oerdin wrote:
    I haven't read this article though I do have two of the modules dealing with this and the dungeons in question are very well detailed in those modules. I suppose if I really wanted to know what that article said I could buy or download the pdf of all dragon back issues.

oh, whats the names of those modules?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue May 12, 2009 2:21 am  

rossik wrote:
    Oerdin wrote:

oh, whats the names of those modules?

Acerack was the name of the archmage who constructed the Tomb of Horrors (see that module) and in the module there was a write up for Acerack's lich and several magical items. The one I remember most was a magical rod which shot out black energy.

There was the Vecna lives module in 2nd ed and in 1st edition there was another one I believe but I can't remember the name. Has never been in any adventure modules which I know of but Gygax used her extensively in his Gord the Rogue books.
    Adept Greytalker

Tue May 12, 2009 4:11 am  

But Acererak was a dude... Smile
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon May 18, 2009 12:26 am  

He was a powerful evil wizard who became a lich.
    Adept Greytalker

Mon May 18, 2009 5:28 am  

Oerdin wrote:
    Has never been in any adventure modules which I know of but Gygax used her extensively in his Gord the Rogue books.

i was talking about the "her" part of your answer

i wish acererak had received more attention in gary's material Sad
    GreySage

Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:24 pm  

In the last sentence, "her" refers to Iggwilv. She was used extensively in the Gord novels; Acererak wasn't used at all there.

Iggwilv was originally mentioned in Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth and makes appearances in Isle of the Ape, Return of the Eight, Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk (sort of), and the Savage Tide adventure path.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:36 pm  

I thought that it was a good article giving at least a mild starting point on characters that until then had absolutely no background information even considering the modules previously mentioned. Dragon issues 241 and 268 also have a similar format.
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: