2%  [ 1 ]
    Lord Robilar
    7%
     7%  [ 3 ]
    Total Votes : 40

Adept Greytalker

Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:16 pm  
    2010 Canonfire Miniature Poll

Alright, it has been decided that an NPC Villain will be the first Secret Skeleton Miniature to be produced for Canonfire fans. Below I will list a good selection of these villains, please feel free to vote for Write In, and then post your specification.
    Forum Moderator

Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:44 pm  

Wow, cool. I am 100% behind the seductress Iggwilv. Behind, heh heh.
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:56 pm  

mortellan wrote:
    Wow, cool. I am 100% behind the seductress Iggwilv. Behind, heh heh.

Boosh!
    Adept Greytalker

Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:48 am  

Lots of good choices there, but I had to go with a demonic Iuz. Evil Grin

Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:14 am  

mortellan wrote:
    I am 100% behind the seductress Iggwilv.

Mine was the second vote cast and the first for Seductress Iggwilv. Her pictures are hot! Evil Grin

Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:00 pm  

Old man spittle Iuz,cause he reminds me of the Tall Man only slightly more amish looking.
    Adept Greytalker

Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:04 pm  

This is pretty exciting. I am really looking forward to this poll filling out. Even though I won't get the miniature out till next year, I still am eager to get it designed.

If anyone wants to come up with alternative names for all the contestants, please do.
    Adept Greytalker

Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:02 am  

lareth, all the way. low level adventure enemies would be great
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:42 pm  

rossik wrote:
    lareth, all the way. low level adventure enemies would be great

That woulda been my next choice.
    CF Admin

Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:16 pm  

I voted for seductress Iggwilv as well, but I'd definitely prefer to see some two-figure sets with Iggwilv (crone + seductress) and Iuz (demon + old man), Zagig and Zagyg (mortal + demigod), etc.

On a single-figure basis, here's my top preferences:

1. Iggwilv seductress
    2. Eli Tomorast
    3. Lord Robilar
    4. Iggwilv crone
    5. Zagig
    6. Lareth the Beautiful

Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:13 pm  

I'd prefer two-figure packs too, and no, I am not surprised to see Seductress Iggwilv leading the choices. Laughing

Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:09 pm  

If sculpting was not so expensive to finance I would do a two-figure pack. However, I do intend to further this line without the voting so there is really no reason that I could eventually make multiple figure packs. In the case of Iggwilv's two forms I might be able to get a deal on the Old Crone as it would not be too difficult to sculpt...if she or Iuz wins, I will see about getting a two-pack, but I only promise to try.

BTW, I have contacted Kev White about his availability to sculpt this figure this Spring. If he turns me down, I am going to try a couple other people.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:49 pm  

chaoticprime wrote:
    If sculpting was not so expensive to finance I would do a two-figure pack. However, I do intend to further this line without the voting so there is really no reason that I could eventually make multiple figure packs. In the case of Iggwilv's two forms I might be able to get a deal on the Old Crone as it would not be too difficult to sculpt...if she or Iuz wins, I will see about getting a two-pack, but I only promise to try.

BTW, I have contacted Kev White about his availability to sculpt this figure this Spring. If he turns me down, I am going to try a couple other people.

There's a guy down in florida i order outdated figurines from,and he has a line of customs that are done by Bob Olley(from the old Ral Partha line.)anyway,i asked him about making a few customs and he told me that Bob charges around $400 to $500 per miniature seeing as how he mostly does free-lance work these days.If all else fails,i'm sure he would'nt be too tough to get in contact with.But then again,i don't really know what your pricing range would be either.If dennis mize we're still alive,i coulda gave you his personal email address,but then again i probably would'nt even have it if not for his untimely death and initial estate auction Sad
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:35 am  

Actually, I have contacted Bob Olley and he is not available until some time next year. $ 400 to $ 500 is pretty expensive for a single miniature, too. My general range is about $ 300, and so far I have had no trouble having to go over it.

I like Bob's stuff, he's really good, but I am not looking to have to just settle for who I can get. My top three choices would be Kev White, Jeff Grace, or Tom Meier, in no particular order, but since the latter two sculpt pretty consistently for Dark Sword, I don't want to hinder the progress of their awesome products.

Yeah, Denis Mize would definitely be a top choice for me, were he still with us.

Bob is working a lot for Dragonblood now, I imagine when he's done with all that he may become available...I had considered him for my lizardmen. Sandra Garrity is available pretty much all the time, so I will likely contract her for something come tax season when I put all of my refund into the company.

At any rate, when it comes to sculptors, I am like a kid in a candy store...a candy store that has long lines and slow email response. Regardless, I am still having fun with all this and I promise to live up to the results of this poll as well as make sure a quality product gets released. I will not, however, state a release date until the metals are in my garage.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:30 pm  

As they say,one must learn to crawl before he can properly walk.

Yeah Dennis Mize was the best if you ask me,his niece sold me some of his miniatures from his estate,which i got some semi-rare stuff for pennies on the dollar,real nice lady and she took the time to talk to me about her late uncle,which was cool.

Sandra garrity is pretty good,not quite the best,but pretty good,but if your going to go with her,you might also give julie guthrie a try.Her work has gotten more consistanly better from her days at grenadier.

Have you gotten any of those otherworld miniatures yet?i just ordered my first batch and im waiting on them to arrive any day now.I'm not a huge fan of slotted figurines,but they just look too good not to have in my vast collection,plus thier one of the few companies that actually make authentic looking monsters that you can't get from other miniature companies these days.And as far as the hasbro chinese/mexican- produced plastic crap they keep belting out,they can cram it up thier @$$ for all i care!
    Master Greytalker

Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:07 pm  

Iggwilv's that far in the lead? Yay! The image of gamers as sex-starved dorks lives on! Laughing
    GreySage

Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:30 pm  

Iggwilv the Seductress is just hot. Wink

Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:31 pm  

bubbagump wrote:
    Iggwilv's that far in the lead? Yay! The image of gamers as sex-starved dorks lives on! Laughing

I agree bubba,fact is,you can buy a seductress miniature from probably every miniature company out there to use as iggwilv (it's not like she's gonna spring to life and screw your brains out.),but how many personalities see actual use in any given campaign?i mean for example,i have both versions of elminster from the old FR and personalities lines,i think one of them has only been used exactly one time which was the equivalent of about 4 rounds by which he dissapeared once the party came into close contact!I would honestly be more excited to get ahold of some drowned dead or norkers or even a few sons of kyuss or something over personalities.

My question is this,how many times do any of you actually use Igwillv in your day to day campaigns?
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:50 pm  

First off, I figured that whichever miniature I produce for CF will mostly be a show piece as in that I agree that personalities are hard to utilize into a game. I think its the principle behind the miniature, perhaps, a show of caring.

@Acid Arrow: I have everything Otherworld produced save for this most recent release. I should also mention that I have duplicates of many as well. I spent a total of about $1,200 there this year (I had it to spend).

I want to also say the Black Tree Design, another miniature company, has a kickass sale going on with pretty much everything for 50% off. They own the all of the old Harlequin ranges. You should check them out, its a great way to stock up on cheap miniatures.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:00 am  

chaoticprime wrote:
    First off, I figured that whichever miniature I produce for CF will mostly be a show piece as in that I agree that personalities are hard to utilize into a game. I think its the principle behind the miniature, perhaps, a show of caring.

@Acid Arrow: I have everything Otherworld produced save for this most recent release. I should also mention that I have duplicates of many as well. I spent a total of about $1,200 there this year (I had it to spend).

I want to also say the Black Tree Design, another miniature company, has a kickass sale going on with pretty much everything for 50% off. They own the all of the old Harlequin ranges. You should check them out, its a great way to stock up on cheap miniatures.

Somehow i had a feeling i'd see you on the OW forums:) and in case you ever wonder,i am warduke...but that's fairly irrelevant.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:34 pm  

Iggwilv the seductress really. I could see if it were a live model but this is either gonna be plastic or pewter. I went with Turrosh Mak just because I would like to see your your vision of him. Although any of the choice except Lareth the beautiful would be welcome by me. Evil Grin
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:42 pm  

Well i'm with conan on this one!But that's just cause im a sexist pig.
    Then again,i would'nt mind seeing lareth the beautiful.
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:20 pm  

I got some WIP greens of the sahuagin. Figured you'd all like a look:
    CF Admin

Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:39 pm  

Very nice, cp: keep us posted as things continue to develop! :D

Oh, and any plans for SSM to have a web site???

Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:39 pm  

grodog wrote:
    Very nice, cp: keep us posted as things continue to develop! :D

Oh, and any plans for SSM to have a web site???

As soon as we get production models to sell we will launch the website. We are going for a social networking theme so we are working on getting all of trendiest shout box and forum type stuff for it.

Also a store, so yay!
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:23 am  

Iggwilv has won, let us begin to design her.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:26 pm  

Just don't copy any art. Anything linked to something done under license to Paizo(or otherwise) links it to the IP itself. Do your own version.
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: