JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Squirrels and Oerthblood
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Squirrels and Oerthblood
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:42 am  
    Squirrels and Oerthblood

No, this is not the recipe for creating a new species of giant space hamster, but I did get your attention, didn't I?

What I would like to do is announce a couple of recent updates to Maldin's Greyhawk. The first is an expanded description of Oerthblood on my "Wondrous Materials" webpage at http://melkot.com/arcane/materials.html , finally available for those of you not fortunate enough to have access to Gary Holian's and my article on the City of Irongate in Dragon Magazine issue 351. I know many have been asking about it.

The second is a new article for the Irongate Project pages, by Samwise (with assistance from Bubbagump) describing Skratzivort, Deity of Squirrels and Gliding Mammals, and his followers (which curiously include Irongate's Hobloggers) at http://melkot.com/locations/irongate/ig-skratzivort.html including a new prestige class, spells, and magic items.

I won't say much about Sam's article... I'll let others judge for themselves... however I will hold it up as a shining example of to what levels I will stoop... errr... an example of the variety of Irongate article submissions I will accept for posting to the Irongate Project webpages. The Project really was meant to be a community project from the beginning, and not just my own personal material.

Anyways, enjoy! And if you have any questions for myself or Samwise, post away.

Speaking of giant space hamsters... Wink

Denis, aka "Maldin"
    Maldin's Greyhawk http://melkot.com
    Loads of edition-independent Greyhawk goodness... maps, magic, mysteries, mechanics, and more!
    Master Greytalker

Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:47 am  

Very cool, Maldin. Thanks for keeping your site going. It's a great resource.
    Site Theocrat

Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:32 am  
    Re: Squirrels and Oerthblood

Hi All -

Maldin wrote:

The dusty, wrinkled, hunchback mineralogist says a bunch of stuff....

...(which curiously include Irongate's Hobloggers)

Hobloggers. Are these bloger's writing about bytches and ho's a'la Butters of South Park? Or are they the actual bytches and ho's that are writing the blogs? I'm not one to read people's blog's, as I usually just don't care, however to know and understand the darker, seedier side of life in Iron Gate I might read a blog from the bytches and ho's of IG.

Although, I think it's a tad early, I do suppose that if this isn't related to the bytches and ho's of Iron Gate, I suppose it could be a Ho Ho Ho blog by Saint Nick and how he's going to be giving toys and coal to good and bad little kids of Iron Gate. Maybe if you've been bad and can acess his blog you'll know if you're getting a lump of coal and can change.

Be Well. Be Well Blogged.
    Theocrat Issak

Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:02 am  

ROFL!!! Leave it to the Theocrat to read Hoblogger as Ho-Blogger, rather then Hob-Logger! Laughing
    Any volunteers to write THAT article? Shocked

Denis, aka "Maldin"
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:43 am  

See, what the squirrels need is a Demon Queen of Nut Hoarding and Scampering. Look at what Tsuggtmoy did for fungi. Play it right and they could have a Temple of Nut Evil.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:38 pm  

Hey Maldin... Wink still keeping your toes wet I see... Smile looking forward to checking out your new material.

Yes, I'm still around, just very busy with work...

Take care

AncientGamer Cool aka BusterBudd.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:19 pm  

Maldin wrote:
    ROFL!!! Leave it to the Theocrat to read Hoblogger as Ho-Blogger, rather then Hob-Logger! Laughing

Nah. That just proves Theocrat is really Sean Connery(watch the whole thing, but the proof is at 3:00).

http://video.filestube.com/video,202c76170b44fa6103e9.html

Laughing

Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:46 pm  

It's An Album Cover!
    I love all those SNL's.

Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:29 am  

We have the Anal Bum-cover in Greyhawk? Evil Grin

You two are just too much! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:44 pm  

Hey Maldin,

I read it and really like Happy your approach of Oerthblood as a mineral with weapons/items forged from it. I take it the dwarves of Irongate would be the guardians of such deposits/forge secrets?

Have you ever read the Thomas Covenant series, the Illearth War, etc... long ago as a wee lad, I drew up a few great gaming ideals Idea from the novels, one in particular was earth blood which was a healing mud from very rare areas in Oerth, held secret by my Druid enclaves of Beory... it had also been referred to as the Mother's Oerthblood, a deep red mud (think similar to PEI mud Wink ).... oh giant space hamsters make good eats on the bbq Smile

Someday, when things slow down for me in about a year, we should meet and compare notes/swap stories over a few pints Happy

Cheers

AncientGamer Cool aka BusterBudd
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:47 pm  

I was just looking at your site just before coming here, I loved your article on Skratzivort! Laughing I use your site often, it is always a valuable resource for good material and ideas, Thanks! Happy

Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:34 pm  

Nightgor wrote:
    I was just looking at your site just before coming here, I loved your article on Skratzivort! Laughing I use your site often, it is always a valuable resource for good material and ideas, Thanks! Happy

Thank you (to a small extent, since I only contributed to the piece in a very, very small way Wink )! I'm sure Sam and Denis are grateful as well, since both put a lot of time and effort into their work. Such tireless dedication deserves high praise, IMHO.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:45 pm  

Nightgor... I'm glad you enjoyed my site.
    I must say, however, that while I'm hosting it as part of the Irongate Project, the Skratzivort article is all Sam (with a pinch of bubbagump). I wouldn't be caught dead claiming responsibility for such madness! Laughing
    If anyone else is interested in writing for the IGP, please do let me know!

AG aka BB... No, I haven't read that series, although I've heard good things about it. Much of the mechanics of Oerthblood were actually hammered out live late one night during a Greytalk chat when we decided to finally define its properties and add it to our Dragon Mag article. Cebrion then added to what was discussed and polished it up as 3E-compatible mechanics.

Denis, aka "Maldin"

Edited to include Cebrion's properly due credit in the fleshing out (metallurgical detailing?) of Oerthblood

Last edited by Maldin on Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GreySage

Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:19 am  

This is kind of tangential to subject of this post, but it might be worth noting that in Planescape and subsequently, the diabolic metal "dajavva" is known as Baatorian green steel, and has some more defined attributes. (See the Planewalker's Handbook, or the 3rd edition Arms and Equipment Guide)
    Master Greytalker

Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:37 am  

Maldin wrote:
    I wouldn't be caught dead claiming responsibility for such madness!...

Ha! You put us up to it! You made us do it! It's all your fault! Instigator!!!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:00 pm  

bubbagump wrote:
    Maldin wrote:

Heh, sounds as if Maldin has a bit of slave lord blood running through his veins. Wink

Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:54 am  

Nightgor wrote:
    bubbagump wrote:
    Maldin wrote:

Heh, sounds as if Maldin has a bit of slave lord blood running through his veins. Wink

Heh. You should try working with Sam sometime!
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: