Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - more info about leomund?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    more info about leomund?
    Adept Greytalker

Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:07 am  
    more info about leomund?

have read the OJ#10 article about Leomund's life (very cool writings from Len Lakokfa!) and wonder if someone could direct me to more tales....Len dont seem to participate at DF (have 5 or so posts there), and im very curious about Leomund stories, like the one he meet Doctor Who Laughing

also, any "picture" of leomund?
    GreySage

Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:23 am  

The last time Len Lakofka posted on Canonfire, he was very grumpy. I'm not aware of him writing anything else about Leomund, or of any pictures.
    Adept Greytalker

Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:37 am  

rasgon wrote:
    The last time Len Lakofka posted on Canonfire, he was very grumpy. I'm not aware of him writing anything else about Leomund, or of any pictures.

oh!
    any reason why be grumpy?

he seems a hard-to-find-info-about guy
    GreySage

Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:46 pm  

Someone asked him about the origins of the archmage Lendore mentioned in the World of Greyhawk boxed set. Apparently that was a Gary Gygax creation, not something he had invented, and he was grouchy about it.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:27 pm  

It was in this Thread here.

There was a question regarding the similarity in names between the god Lendor the archmage Lendore and the isle of Lendor (which was Len's original campaign setting) and he was asked about it.

When he originally designed his campaign world (the Isles) there was no association with either the god Lendor nor the Archmage Lendore. As some point when the his isles got folded into the rest of the campaign world and officially published he lost creative control over his work and it was altered... something I can understand being grumpy about.

We don't see his original reply to DMPrata which sounded as if it was fairly negative in tone but his two posts on the thread seem to me being more along the lines of 'hey you asked me and I answered, why are you bust'n my chops on this'
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:40 am  

That's exactly what it is. Len supplied info, and then somebody had to go all canon/IP holder and whatnot on it. No wonder Len didn't reply further, there being no point in doing so. Killing the messenger. rolleyes

Gotta love Greyhawk. Razz

Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:51 am  

Varthalon wrote:
    It was in this Thread here.

There was a question regarding the similarity in names between the god Lendor the archmage Lendore and the isle of Lendor (which was Len's original campaign setting) and he was asked about it.

When he originally designed his campaign world (the Isles) there was no association with either the god Lendor nor the Archmage Lendore. As some point when the his isles got folded into the rest of the campaign world and officially published he lost creative control over his work and it was altered... something I can understand being grumpy about.

We don't see his original reply to DMPrata which sounded as if it was fairly negative in tone but his two posts on the thread seem to me being more along the lines of 'hey you asked me and I answered, why are you bust'n my chops on this'

ooh.....too bad he doesnt frequent here anymore :(

thanks for the link!
    does Len use other foruns?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:40 am  

Not as far as I know. He once told me that he dislikes messageboards and only goes there when he must. He's a Facebook member though and a bit more active there.
    Forum Moderator

Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:23 am  

Heh heh. I love that thread.
    CF Admin

Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:42 pm  

Len has continued to support the Dragonsfoot "Footprints" magazine with articles; see http://www.dragonsfoot.org/ft/index.shtml for general info, but he has at least one article per issue starting in ~issue 6 or so.

Len's also been getting a bit more active in the gaming community (there's an interview with him at Grognardia which will be upcoming soon, for example), and he also has a Facebook page (where he published a map of Groten recently).

Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:06 pm  

Doesn't Len have some sort of mega-adventure or sourcebook coming out soon? I seem to recall a rumor, but I don't remember any of the details. Something about it being a 100+ page detailing of something from waaaay back. Anybody have any idea what I'm thinking of?

(*bubbagump shuffles away, grumbling about the loss of memory that comes with age...*)
    Journeyman Greytalker

Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:54 pm  

Len authored L1 The Secret of Bone Hill and L2 The Assassin's Knot and received credit for authoring L3 Deep Dwarven Delve.

He indicated on the Dragonsfoot forums that he wrote the adventure and submitted it but it wasn't published for many years. What was published only has a passing resemblance to what he remembered writing but he didn't have his notes about what he'd done any longer.

Rumors are that he is about to release L4 and L5 in the series with Draongsfoot publishing. Actually, if I remember right, Brian (Glad27) here on our forums is doing some of the artwork for it.

Edit: found Brian's post about it.

LINK (last post on the second page of the thread)
    GreySage

Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:59 pm  

mortellan wrote:
    Heh heh. I love that thread.

Just read that thread and I love it too! Happy

Thanks for that, Varthalon! Wink

Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:50 pm  

I don't know if there's much about Leomund there, but Lakofka has written quite a few things for Footprints Magazine. Lots of Greyhawky goodness here: http://www.dragonsfoot.org/ft/index.shtml#272
    CF Admin

Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:13 am  

Len just did a review @ Grognardia too: http://grognardia.blogspot.com/2009/11/interview-len-lakofka-part-i.html (and 2 parts follow, see the right-nav blog post titles index).

Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:10 am  

grodog wrote:
    Len just did a review @ Grognardia too: http://grognardia.blogspot.com/2009/11/interview-len-lakofka-part-i.html (and 2 parts follow, see the right-nav blog post titles index).

nice!

so, reading about the "lost classes" , theres a Pyrologist or "Fire User", and after reading OJ (#10, i believe) theres a history of how Leomund come together with some mages to study pyromancy.

niiiiiiice! Happy
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: