JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Dark Clouds Gather retro-fit to GH
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Dark Clouds Gather retro-fit to GH
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:27 am  
    Dark Clouds Gather retro-fit to GH

One great old module that should be fit into the Greyhawk world is UK7 Dark Clouds Gather. Many of the UK series were specifically set in Greyhawk (Beyond the Crystal Caves, Gauntlet), but this one was placed in a generic mountain setting.

I think it would be perfectly suited to be retro fit into north eastern Pale, with the mountain pass connecting Pale with Ratik through the Rakers (the town of Lurneslye, with its harsh and zealous clerics would be excellect Pholtans, Melmond would be in western Ratik, with a torturous pass connecting the two).

I bring this up because I am writing up an article that makes use of a monster described in the module, the ba'atun. It is noteable that another monster introduced in this module, the soul beckoner, became part of the Greyhawk Monstrous Compendium Appendix, so making this module a GH one is not too far removed from canon.

I just want people to know the point of reference before I started. Plus, it is a great adventure, fun to DM and play, and is well suited for adding into an existing GH campaign.

O-D
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:42 am  

I'll be waiting for that article O-D. I DM'ed Dark Clouds Gather a very long time ago. And you are absolutely correct. It was very fun to DM and the players had a great time with it. It fit right into my GH campaign at the time though I'm trying to remember where I put it. I want to say the Yatil's, but I'm old and my memory is not what it used to be. Wink
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:09 am  
    Another retro fit idea

I have another weird retro fit idea:

The module I8 The Ravager of Time is a very difficult adventure that takes place entirely in a swampy region called the Ffenargh. I played it and enjoyed the challenges and thought that it would be perfect as a small province in either the Hools or in the Troll Fens.

Ffenargh could be a mini barony as a subset of the Viscounty of Nume-Eor. Or the castle Eylea can be retro fit to be one of the Brilliant Castles in the Pale that rests along side the Troll Fens.

Maybe someone from the LG triads would be interested in the fit?

O-D
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:08 pm  

i don't know which edition you're running, but if it's 3.5 i have the ba'atun converted here: http://www.enworld.org/cc/converted/index.php

also, there's an older 3.0 conversion of the soul beckoner.
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:35 am  
    Updated stats

Great! Thanks for the link.

I mention the ba'atun in the "Hell on Oerth" article. the stats I used in that article were 1st-2nd edition. These 3rd ed stats are great to have to update to the present.

O-D
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: