Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Hello All!
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk!
    Hello All!
    Novice

Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:16 am  
    Hello All!

Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Robag. I have been a fan of Greyhawk for 30 years now, and how the time flies when you are having fun. Been a fan of Oerth Journal for a few years now. I've know Canonfire was here for some time, but it has only been in the last week or so that I have discovered what a treasure trove of information the site is. Long story short, extremely glad I took the plunge and set up an account.

Gamewise, I am introducing some newcomers to Dungeons & Dragons. What better place to do it than Greyhawk? So as things progress I am sure Canonfire! will become an invaluable aid in our adventures.
    Adept Greytalker

Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:31 am  

welcome, robag!

you will find some awesome stuff here ;)
    Master Greytalker

Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:09 pm  

Glad to have you, Robag. Welcome!

You'll find this is a great place for information and discussion. As a 30+-year veteran (like myself), you probably have little need for advice, but nonetheless this is also a great place if you ever get stuck plotting a campaign or working on your own designs. Dig in!
    GreySage

Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:58 pm  

Welcome Robag. Happy

Glad you took the plunge. Look forward to your participation and contributions. Canonfire! needs all the friends we can get. Glad you're here. Wink

Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:04 pm  

Welcome to the site Robag. It is always nice to have another greybeard around. Happy

A couple pointers for you, just in case you haven't noticed them yet or dug into things too deeply already.

The "SEARCH CF!" function in the left-hand margin searches only the non-forum sections of the site, while the "*NEW* Search the Forums" option does exactly that. There is no unified search engine. That is kind of a good thing(at least I think so), as there is a load of information in each section, and full search would just pull up way too much to sift through, much of which might only be a passing mention of the topic being searched for.

As Greyhawk is a campaign setting that has been around a long time, and with only a finite amount of subjects to discuss, topics will inevitably be brought up over and over again, which is fine. Also, old threads will be dredged up again and again, which is fine too. The only point I will make about dredging up old threads is to not respond to them as if they were recent and ongoing discussions, as some members who have posted in particularly old threads may no longer be very active and may not respond to direct queries.

I think that is it. I really should post a thread with this information in it. Laughing

Last edited by Cebrion on Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Novice

Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:38 pm  

Thanks Folks,

It really is a treat to be here. I am looking forward to participation. As you all know, Greyhawk has a pretty respectable web presence. I like the fact that this is a place where we can talk about our favorite setting and not be bound by editions or authors.

Already this site has proved invaluable in setting up my own GREYChrondex, based on resources that I have at my disposal.

Robag
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: