ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - The Unofficial LG BK Summary thread
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    The Unofficial LG BK Summary thread
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:59 am  
    The Unofficial LG BK Summary thread

Hey gang,

I have just finished the "nearly finished" draft of my LG BK summary. I plan to release the entire thing as a PDF later this month unless the mods/OJ folks have a better idea.

In the meantime, below is a link to an excerpt from the project in the form of a timeline of major BK events. The timeline covers 578 CY to 598 CY and incorporates canon events, my extrapolations of when those events occurred, and LG events. If you find something that doesn't mesh with canon, please let me know (and cite the source).

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B4EUZ0h7JMVSYzdkMzZjZTAtNGQ2Mi00MTcyLWE2NzEtMDFjY2NjMGNkN2Y2&hl=en

The fun part about the timeline for me was laying out Iuz's march across the BK. This is very vague in canon so I attempted to fill in the details in such a manner that the timeline clarifies the information provided in Iuz the Evil and the LGG.

Casey
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:13 am  

Just wow.

My knowledge of canon and/or LG content is too scarse to comment your document, but what I do know is that I love your work. This is exactly what I'm looking for as sandbox-style DM. This is what is happening in the PCs world It's up to them to take part or create their own stories.

Thanks a lot for your effort. I would love to see more documents like this!
    GreySage

Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:03 am  

Just awesome Casey! Happy

As someone who "lives" in the BK -- as a teenager and again now -- but who missed out on the LG, I really appreciate your efforts. Good work! Cool

Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:02 pm  

This is great! I hope a few more folks involved in the Living Greyhawk Campaign follow your example. It would have to be the first time I've seen an in depth account of how the various Bandit Kingdoms responded to Iuz in 583 CY. To be frank, I was under the impression that the Lord of Pain cowed the entire lot of them inside of a month and then outflanked the Shield Lands by coming around the eastern end of the Rift Canyon.

Very, very cool.... Happy

Damien.
    Master Greytalker

Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:53 am  

Awesome! This will be useful stuff to intersperse with some of the latter Age of Worms adventures.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:07 am  

Very cool. You can submit the finished document for the next issue of The Oerth Journal to Duicarthan at oerthjournal(at)gmail(dot)com.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:14 am  

Cebrion, will do! It's in the final copy editing stage now. I expect to send it by the end of the week. It's huge, 129 pages with 4 pages of color maps. It could benefit from some artwork *cough*Wade*cough*.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:36 pm  

Alright, so BK project part 1 (the summary of the LG BK mods and descriptions of major NPCs) is 99% done. I'm at the point now where I need to step back from it because my eyes and brain can no longer find typos in it, although there are sure to be some. Therefore, here is the link to the PDF of the nearly final rough draft. If any of you care to look it over and point out spelling errors, canon errors, etc., please do so (please email them to me at aurdraco at gmail dot com to save me from embarrassment. After all, I start grad school for publishing this fall and I don't want a public thread about my typos there for the world to see hehehe). I have tried to get my old LG buddies to help with little success; I would definitely appreciate anyone helping me to proof this project. Part 1 is geared towards preserving the BK's LG events.

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B4EUZ0h7JMVSZmUzYTA5NDYtN2NhNC00NDAwLTg3MmYtZTdkNjM3N2NlNjkx&hl=en

Part 2 (BK Gazetteer year 600 CY) is about 75% completed. It should be done by end of April or in May. It is modeled after the LGG but will include small detailed write ups of every major town/area/dungeon in each fiefdom (something the LGG did not have the page count luxury to do), a reiteration of the NPC write ups from part 1, 3.5 stat blocks for various iconic BK monsters (including one sired by Morginstaler) and magic items, several new BK-based prestige classes (and maybe a few new feats) and overviews of each fiefdom. In essence, the gazetteer will take the events of Living Greyhawk and create a mosaic of events from them culminating in descriptions of the current states of affairs throughout the region and then give rules crunch as player options to help PCs fit in with the BK's flavor. Part 2 is geared towards giving home DMs detailed info about the current BK for use in their campaigns.

TIA,

Casey
    Master Greytalker

Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:57 am  
    RE: The BK Gazetteer

Welol, I cannot even begin to say how wonderful this thing is looking! Aurdraco is doing a wonderful job with the Gazetteer! Even though I played here in Texas - the LG region for the BK - I didn't get to play all of the stuff that's included here. It's amazing that all of the plotlines are indexed by groups, and location, and even the NPCs have lists about where they appeared ... this could easily be the basis for DMs who never played LG to get some massive stuff going in the BK. This is everything that we could ask for ... and then some!!

I just wish that all of the Triads had been required to produce this type of resource as they went along, and the a final publish after LG ended, so that there wasn't so much lore lost.
    Owner and Lead Admin: https://greyhawkonline.com<div>Editor-in-Chief of the Oerth Journal: https://greyhawkonline.com/oerthjournal</div><div>Visit my professional art gallery: https://wkristophnolen.daportfolio.com</div>
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:06 am  

Wow. Impressive. I've never been a LG kind of 'Hawker, but this is good stuff. Nice bits of details that can be used to help to steer a series of adventures in the BK. Compling such information is indeed a labor of love. Again, very nice.

~O

Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:20 pm  

Cebrion wrote:
    Very cool. You can submit the finished document for the next issue of The Oerth Journal to Duicarthan at oerthjournal(at)gmail(dot)com.

Sent!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:14 am  

Impressive. Most Impressive. Happy

I am so pleased that someone from the Living Greyhawk triads has done this! And so comprehensively at that. Thankyou so much!

I hope a few of the other folks involved in the Living Greyhawk campaign follow your lead.

Cheers,

Damien.
    Novice

Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:33 am  

Thank you, aurdraco. Most excellent, looking forward to part 2!
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: