Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Pathfinder's Golarion as Western Oerik?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- Heresy!
    Pathfinder's Golarion as Western Oerik?
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:49 am  
    Pathfinder's Golarion as Western Oerik?

Recently bought the setting and from a quick skim I am quite impressed. With the old Greyhawk luminaries behind them I figure the rest of the products must be of a similar quality so I am considering bolting Golarion onto the Flanaess in the west.

Has anyone considered or even tried this? Any thoughts on whether this would work? Better yet, has anyone ever tried to produce a map that would make these two settings fit together?
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:32 am  

Seems the great Mr Mona had already considered this in his design:

http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/paizoPublishing/pathfinder/campaignSetting/general/combiningGolarianAndGreyhawk&page=1&source=search#1

Any other thoughts welcome though.
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:36 am  

Furthermore, IIRC, Golarion also has 2 moons, the Pathfinders=the Seekers, and the legendary GH figure of Molaho Khem (see LGJ #1) is mentioned in the first Pathfinder adventure path (or maybe the Player's Guide?).

Last edited by Robbastard on Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:44 am  

Flint wrote:
    Seems the great Mr Mona had already considered this in his design:

http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/paizoPublishing/pathfinder/campaignSetting/general/combiningGolarianAndGreyhawk&page=1&source=search#1

Any other thoughts welcome though.

"I sorta kinda put the "coast" of Golarion in the west so that people could make it the "other half" of Oerik if they wanted to." (5/6/2010)

Interesting that 3 years earlier, he denied any intentional ties:

"The Molaho Kem thing was a throw-away reference to a mythical character. I was surprised anyone even caught that I'd used the name before.

The northern continent of Avistan, upon which Varisia is situated, has a western coastline and extends into a supercontinent on the eastern side, but this wasn't done intentionally to make it work as western Oerik.

Golarion is its own planet. You could use it as an extension of another existing world, but it wouldn't be a perfect fit." (9/2/2007)

See: http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/paizoPublishing/pathfinder/campaignSetting/general/golarionWesternOerik
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- Heresy! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: