JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Sterich & Geoff material needed
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Sterich & Geoff material needed
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:59 pm  
    Sterich & Geoff material needed

Not sure if this is the right place, but could someone direct me to some resources (canon or respected fan made) about the lands of Sterich and Geoff? Thanks!
    Master Greytalker

Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:15 pm  

(*sputter!*) Not sure this is the right place?!?! Of course this is the right place! There's no place better! THIS IS CANONFIRE!!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, please proceed to deluge the dear dwarf with information. I'll get the ball rolling: Dwarf, the first thing to do is to type your search in the box to the left. If that doesn't yield the results you want, then return to the forums and click on the white letters that read "*new* search the forums" and you'll be directed to a plethora of threads containing more information and further references than you'll be able to stake a shick at. (And yes, I spelled it that way intentionally.) There's also the wiki that can be accessed from the icon on the right side of the home page. Every article there will have references at the bottom if you need original sources.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:44 pm  

Lol, sorry to catch you off guard. I was hoping, specifically, if there were any maps detailing the lands? In my campaigns, which I steal from everyone who has a good idea, I follow the idea that most peasants have no clue what is 5-10 miles outside their own village, town, etc. That whole "battling with humanoids to be on top of the food chain" contest usually scares most people to staying near fortified walls and such. Happy And most officials would want to know why "foreigners" would have such detailed intelligence of their lands, which causes most folks to go quietly and blissfully ignorant about there business. So, I was hoping to utilize other canonized maps if any, detailing boundaries, counties, towns of note (outside national capitol's) and perhaps the odd unmarked castle or holdfast. Any and all political intrigue of the ruling families would be of great help too. Cool
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:48 am  

Dungeon Magazines 117, 118 and 119 are a great source of info of Istivin, which the only big city in Sterich.

I don't remember there where was the map of Sterich with Mittelberg. You should get that map somewhere.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:00 am  

maybe you'll find fun if not useful info in my old website
    http://celebfin.free.fr/queenintro.htm
    Master Greytalker

Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:14 am  

There is an excellent collection of maps here:

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/maps/
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:54 pm  

The Living Greyhawk stuff is still available too.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Living-Geoff/

and this site has some stuff on Hochoch:

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/ig/hochoch.htm

The super-module Against The Giants is nothing but Geoff and the surrounding area.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:10 am  

Let me begin with saying a few things;

moss: THANK YOU! I am so totally going to use the material in the links you posted

bubbagump: THANK YOU! I always forget just how valuable the long time residence of Canonfire are and how they can direct me to useful information.

With that being said, since I have not one original bone in my body, and I don't want to take up more space by creating a new post, what do you think Gorna (city in Geoff) would look like before the giants? I always imagined it to be a mildly rustic place, sorta sleepy, removed from the major happenings of civilization in Greyhawk and the far east/south. Not that it's run down, but the city (while still having some wild parts for adventuring bands, mercenaries, explorers, etc) would be coming into it's middle age of life. Not quite so young as it once was, but more of a settled down with kids city.

What are your thoughts? Yes I will happily "borrow" your ideas for my campaign Smile
    Master Greytalker

Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:52 pm  

DwarffromNyrond wrote:
    bubbagump: THANK YOU! I always forget just how valuable the long time residence of Canonfire are and how they can direct me to useful information.

Awww, shucks, 'tweren't nuthin'! Embarassed Cool

I sorta think Gorna would be a bit like Greyhawk City, only smaller and less cosmopolitan, with a bit of western/frontier type atmosphere to it. I'm picturing a fantasy version of Mancado from the Laura Ingalls Wilder books.
    GreySage

Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:20 pm  

bubbagump wrote:
    Awww, shucks, 'tweren't nuthin'!

It really was, Dwarf . . . nothing! Evil Grin

bubbagump wrote:
    a fantasy version of Mancado from the Laura Ingalls Wilder books.

OMG! Barf! Embarassed

REALLY Bubbagump, the things you read! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:39 pm  

Hmmm, interesting, because I was thinking something along the lines of Prague or Warsaw. Maybe something in Lithuania...
    Master Greytalker

Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:37 pm  

Mystic-Scholar wrote:
    bubbagump wrote:
    Awww, shucks, 'tweren't nuthin'!

It really was, Dwarf . . . nothing! Evil Grin

bubbagump wrote:
    a fantasy version of Mancado from the Laura Ingalls Wilder books.

OMG! Barf! Embarassed

REALLY Bubbagump, the things you read! Laughing Laughing Laughing

It's one of the benefits of being literate, "scholar". Don't worry, you may catch up to me someday (but I doubt it). Cool Laughing Cool
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:13 pm  

Here's someone's personal campaign page set in Sterich, with some interesting material - http://folk.uio.no/christkk/rpg/dd3e/sterich.shtml
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:06 am  

Thanks smillan_31!! With your campaign and stuff frommGeorge R.R. Martins Game of Thrones series, this will mix in great with Geoff and Sterich. Cool

**Thanks to EVERYONE that has offered help, opinions and guidance/direction., be it publicly or privately**
    GreySage

Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:08 pm  

bubbagump wrote:
    It's one of the benefits of being literate, "scholar". Don't worry, you may catch up to me someday (but I doubt it). Cool Laughing Cool

"Little Outhouse on the Prairie" is . . . literary!? Shocked

Holy Pelor preserve us! Laughing

**I'd call on Boccob . . . but he doesn't care!** Evil Grin

"Game of Thrones" . . . only read one book in the series, couldn't get into it. Just me. Cool

Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:27 pm  

If you like Game of Thrones you might want to check out Artesia: Adventures in the Known World. The setting is somewhat similar but with a more pagan feel (inspired by real world Greek, Roman and Celtic mythology). The mechanics are for the Fuzion system, but the heart of the book is the setting material, which is top-notch.

DwarffromNyrond wrote:
    Thanks smillan_31!! With your campaign and stuff frommGeorge R.R. Martins Game of Thrones series, this will mix in great with Geoff and Sterich. Cool

**Thanks to EVERYONE that has offered help, opinions and guidance/direction., be it publicly or privately**
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: