JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Italian Greyhawk Wiki
    Canonfire Forum Index -> The Great Library of Greyhawk Wiki
    Italian Greyhawk Wiki
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:51 am  
    Italian Greyhawk Wiki

hi, this is the of the first post i make on this forum, but Robbastard and some other contributors of the Great Library should know me :D
    I added many images to the wiki :D
    I've never contributed writing something, but that's because i'm Italian! XD
    Now I have started a project in my language, the Italian Greyhawk Wiki!
    as now me and Lollinus are working to do the project, but it's still very small, compared to yours ^^
    I posted here to ask the permission to translate some of the articles from your wiki in italian :D

by the way here's the link to the wiki http://it.greyhawk.wikia.com/wiki/Pagina_principale

Last edited by Omega9999 on Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    GreySage

Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:09 am  

Hello Omega9999! Glad you finally posted here! Happy

I'm not sure exactly "who" is responsible for granting "permission" for reprodcuing the work on Canonfire's wiki, but someone should be along shortly who can put you in touch with the right person.

It was good to "hear" from you and I hope you'll post here more often. Cool

Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:07 am  

I'll try to post more often ^^ thank you very much :D
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:14 am  

I've started again to work on my wiki. For my wiki i've been using many images taken directly by me from various sources. If you want you can take them directly and put them on your wiki. I will try to put them in your wiki, but sometimes i can forget to :)
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:21 pm  

Omega9999,

I would hope that both parties on the wiki could benefit from having the Greyhawk lore posted in both English and Italian. However with that said you may want to seek out Robbastard and Rasgon as they have put out the majority of what lies in the Greyhawk wiki.

I think that would be a good start, hope it all works out in the end.

Later

Argon
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:56 am  

As well as watching Greyhawk, I've been watching a number of other campaign settings. International cooperation of fans is something I've been very delighted to see happen. So I would love to see an Italian wiki for Greyhawk that is as great as the Great Library of Greyhawk.

(And if some Greyhawk cartographers could be persuaded to put text on a separate image layer, I would love to see a translation of maps into Italian too.)

However, I now have very serious reservations about Wikia (the host that the Italian wiki is using). I (currently) use Wikia myself and they automatically attach a licence to all of the wikis they host, that allows for commercial use of all of the content included in the wiki.

They have "grabbed" the content of my own wiki and published it as a Print on Demand book. They have also made seven books (so far) from content harvested from Forgotten Realms Wiki. This, in my opinion, is totally different from having a professionally written book that cites (and maybe quotes sections) from the Great Library of Greyhawk.
    David 'Big Mac' Shepheard<br />My Greyhawk links: http://www.thepiazza.org.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?f=11&amp;t=9355<br />(If I am not here, you can find me at the Greyhawk or Chainmail forums at The Piazza.)<br />
    Adept Greytalker

Tue May 08, 2012 4:03 pm  
    Re: Italian Greyhawk Wiki

Omega9999 wrote:
    hi, this is the of the first post i make on this forum, but Robbastard and some other contributors of the Great Library should know me :D
    I added many images to the wiki :D
    I've never contributed writing something, but that's because i'm Italian! XD
    Now I have started a project in my language, the Italian Greyhawk Wiki!
    as now me and Lollinus are working to do the project, but it's still very small, compared to yours ^^
    I posted here to ask the permission to translate some of the articles from your wiki in italian :D

by the way here's the link to the wiki http://it.greyhawk.wikia.com/wiki/Pagina_principale

Looks nice, Omega!

Though it's flattering that you ask, I'm really not sure if you need to ask for permission to translate articles on Greyhawk subjects on the GLoG, as the articles often are a collaborative effort, & I'm not really claiming copyright on such articles. I suspect that many of my fellow collaborators feel the same.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun May 12, 2013 3:02 am  

Thanks for the Answer! It's that I am almost the only contributor for my wiki... i alway try to find other contributors!
       Canonfire Forum Index -> The Great Library of Greyhawk Wiki All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: