JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Riverborn Bloodline
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 3.0e/3.5e/d20/Pathfinder
    Riverborn Bloodline
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:32 pm  
    Riverborn Bloodline

Heya everyone, Here's the Riverborn Sorcerer Bloodline I cobbled together for a Rhennee Sorceress NPC that's going to appear in my Ket Campaign. I looked at the Ocean bloodline and went from there.

-Michael-

Riverborn
    Your blood runs with the land-carving power of rivers.
    You might possess a river-deity ancestor or somehow channel the power of current and flood itself.
    Class Skill: Swim
    Bonus Spells: Obscuring Mist (3rd), hydraulic torrent (5th), water breathing (7th), water shield (9th), transmute rock to mud (11th), control water (13th), Vortex (15th), seamantle (17th), world wave (19th)
    Bonus Feats: Brew Potion, Craft Rod, Craft Wondrous Item, Empower Spell, Great Fortitude, Iron Will, Skill Focus (Knowledge [nature]), Widen Spell
    Bloodline Arcana: When you cast a spell with the water or cold descriptor, its area of effect increases by 50%.
    Bloodline Powers: Your powers are more than just the ability to control water. Your veins run with the relentless element that carves the land, fills the seas, and burrows through solid rock. You channel the fierce and furious power of the River.

Eroding Blast (Sp)- At 1st level you can as a standard action fire a 20’ long jet of water as a ranged touch attack. You can use this blast of water to make a bull rush against any one creature or object. Your CMB for this bull rush is equal to your caster level plus your Charisma modifier. This bull rush does not provoke an attack of opportunity. The blast extinguishes any normal fires on a creature, object, or in a single 5-foot square which it is targeted against. Magical fires are unaffected. The Blast causes 1d6 (+1 point for every two sorcerer levels you have) of bludgeoning damage. If used on an object the blast ignores up to 5 points of hardness. You may use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.

Flowing Water (Ex)- At 3rd level, you gain a +1 dodge bonus to your Armor Class. At 9th level the bonus increases to +2. You are treated as having the Dodge Feat when meeting prerequisites for other feats or Prestige Classes.

Rising Water (Ex)—Starting at 9th level, when you cast a spell with the water or cold descriptor you may increase the Save DC by +2 1/day. You may use this ability 2/day at 13th level, and 3/day at 17th level.

Watery Shape (Sp)—At 15th level, you can change into a watery version of yourself. This affects you as if you had cast liquid form. You can do this a number of rounds per day equal to your sorcerer level. These rounds do not need to be consecutive.

River King (Ex)—At 20th level, You gain a swim speed equal to your land speed, you cannot drown, and you automatically succeed on all Swim skill checks.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:41 pm  

Not bad!

I am doing something similar with sorcerers in general but different then you. Nice though.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:46 pm  

Hey that's good. Fits in with the Rhenee nicely.
    Master Greytalker

Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:11 pm  
    Rhennee Riverborn Bloodline

Ah ha!
    I've been looking for some way to make a Vetha more interesting, and when I found this, I thought that it may just work out perfectly. Especially since there's Rhennee wise-women in the current campaign that I am running/writing. I am trying to work out an article from my campaign notes, and I will likely try to use this Bloodline both in the article and the campaign!
    Owner and Lead Admin: https://greyhawkonline.com<div>Editor-in-Chief of the Oerth Journal: https://greyhawkonline.com/oerthjournal</div><div>Visit my professional art gallery: https://wkristophnolen.daportfolio.com</div>
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 3.0e/3.5e/d20/Pathfinder All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: