Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Well hello there~
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk!
    Well hello there~
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:24 pm  
    Well hello there~

I wandered here because my better half created a campaign journal for our current campaign on here. He also recently posted his introduction (you can find it here). I'm excited to be around and will be participating in his campaign journal by posting the bits that I write up for this campaign, be they story excerpts, letters penned by the characters I'm controlling, or just additional information about someone I helped make.

We work together on a lot of our creative activities, definitely on role playing settings. I tend to see things in small pieces though, so I might invent a religion or a race , but he'll go through and build the rest of the country my little additions are involved in from political structures to common traditions and practices in the lower caste homes (or in the case of this campaign he works my ideas into the existing setting). He's awesome like that, and we have a grand time of our meddling.

I hope we'll also have a grand time of our meddling here on the boards of Canonfire, and look forward to getting better acquainted with the place and its inhabitants. :)

Cheers,
    Crys

Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:43 pm  

We'll all be glad to have you both. :) I'm relatively new myself, but I may have found a little niche for myself, haha.
    GreySage

Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:02 pm  

Crystaltears! Hail and well met! Welcome to Canonfire! Home to all things Greyhawk. Cool

We're all thrilled to have you and Iressi join us! I'm sure he's already begun explaining some of the site's features to you, so I won't bore you further! Wink

Suffice it to say we have many "Links" and "Downloads" available, just click on those words at the top of the page to access them. Our members Rasgon and Robbastard know everything "Greyhawk" and share that knowledge with us via the Greyhawk wiki, found in the right hand corner of our "Home Page."

And in the left hand column you can find GREYchat. Just click on "Chat Now! (w/java)" to join our Thrusday night chats. Some of us can be found there everyday -- or night -- but Thursday night is when just about everybody shows up. You'll find that there are very few questions "we" can't answer. Evil Grin

Gary Holian is the owner of Canonfire! and he was the main author of the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer - the "LGG" you'll see referenced here so much. You can "meet" him on Thursday nights.

We look forward to your participation and we hope that you'll share your thoughts on the game with us. And do not doubt that your own contributions are eagerly anticipated, I promise! Wink

So again, welcome to Canonfire! And please, make yourself at home! Happy

Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:05 pm  

I'd like to add my welcome to that offered by Mystic-Scholar, Crystaltears, and say that we're glad you have decided to join us.

Please know that you are not only welcome to post your thoughts as threads, but encouraged to submit them as articles. The more the merrier!

SirXaris
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:42 am  

Thank you all for such a lovely welcome. Smile

@Mystic-Scholar
    He has told me a bit about the site's features, and he loves the wiki. And Iressi is already talking about maybe coming around on a Thursday for the chat, so that's promising.

I'll definitely share my thoughts and interpretations on the games he runs for me. I should have mentioned that one of the things I do best in seeing things in 'small pieces' is NPCs or individual personalities... So I have quite a lot to add in the campaign journal thread about the characters I'm playing and the NPCs I've helped make with him. It should be fun.

@SirXaris
    I'll have to look into these articles you speak of, though I'm rarely one to submit my own works.

Thanks again for the warm welcome!
    Smile

Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:39 am  

Well I said it before but I say it again in the right thread. Welcome to the boards. Crystaltears if your strength is in building NPC's that's fine sometimes it inspires others to include such NPC's in their games. No pressure and Iressi seems like he has a lot to offer as well.
    Fanon is the greyhawk canon we have now so branch out we would love to see some new articles and different views on your version of Greyhawk.

Hopefully you and Iressi can make it to the chat tonight.

Argon
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:02 am  

Aww, thank you again, Argon. Sadly we won't be at the chat tonight because I have some family business to attend.. Or at least, we won't be there until a little later on if we do make it. We are, however, planning to make it to next week's for sure. Smile

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:05 am  

Welcome aboard.. I don't think you will find a nicer group of people than you will here! They've been very helpful to me since I joined.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:36 am  

Thank you. It does seem quite a nice place so far. Smile

Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:56 pm  

Welcome crystaltears :)

Great to see new faces here!

Anna
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:41 am  

Oooh, thank you for your warm welcome, Ye Lady of Awesome Maps. Have to say I love your work! Smile I know Iressi shares my sentiments on that.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:52 am  

Crystaltears,

As a recent addition myself (posting, that is...have read and scanned for several yrs), welcome aboard. I agree that there are many friendly fellows out there (honorable mention to Masters Argon and Mystic-Scholar on that one) and extend the courtesy as well.

See you around,

-Lanthorn
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: