Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - The Lost City in the Sea of Dust. Any resources?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    The Lost City in the Sea of Dust. Any resources?
    Journeyman Greytalker

Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:41 pm  
    The Lost City in the Sea of Dust. Any resources?

I wanted my PCs to one day explore the buried, lost city of the Suloise Empire in the Sea of Dust but I know it would be quite a mammoth task to design it on my own. So, I was wondering if there were any "lost city" type products out there that could help me.

These products would also have to work with the fact that most of the Suloise Lost City would be buried under the dust!

Does anyone own the "Lost City of Gaxmoor" or the "City of Barakus" books -- both by Troll Lord Games? Would these products help me out?

Thanks.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:24 pm  

I worked on Gaxmoor with Ernie and Luke. Although when it was originally play-tested it was set in Greyhawk, it's not at all close to what you're looking for.
    Not familiar with Barakus.
    Scott
    CF Admin

Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:43 pm  

This one may help some?

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=181&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:26 pm  

Thanks for the info. Happy
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:53 pm  

If you have access to it the GH Adventures hardbound has a more extensive writeup of the sea of dust than the new LG gazetteer.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:28 pm  

Quote:
    Does anyone own the "Lost City of Gaxmoor" or the "City of Barakus" books -- both by Troll Lord Games? Would these products help me out?

I can't speak for Gaxmoor but as for the Lost City of Barakus it doesn't fit the bill either.[/quote]
    Master Greytalker

Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:47 am  

In my campaign I used the basic DnD module B4: The Lost City. It has a step pyramid
    built by a fallen civilization in what is now desert, but didn't use to be.

The above ground levels of the pyramid are set for levels 1-3, the belowground for expert level. Then there is a city beneath it with refugees from the devestation. Basicly on their way to becomming derro.

It is a very nice fit for any lost Suel city in the Sea of Dust. So good, in fact, that our own chatdemon has taken the gods from that module and imported them into the religion of the Suloise. You can read about them in his Forgotten Gods of the Suloise articles here on CF.

II Zargon
    IV Madrua
    V Usamagares
    VI Gorm
    My campaigns are multilayered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which, quite frankly, would simply be too strong for your hobbyist gamer.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mp7Ikko8SI
    CF Admin

Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:17 am  

Which all can be found on his userpage, ofcourse..

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=chatdemon

Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:28 pm  

Kirt wrote:
    In my campaign I used the basic DnD module B4: The Lost City. It has a step pyramid
    built by a fallen civilization in what is now desert, but didn't use to be.

Hmm, I'll have to track down this module. Sounds like what I'm looking for. Happy

Someone also mentioned to me "I1 Dwellers of the Forbidden City". Now, I know this is officially located somewhere in Hepmonoland or the Amedio, but could it be imported? Is it a good match for a lost city in the Sea of Dust?

Anyway, I'll definitely check out B4. Happy
    Adept Greytalker

Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:03 pm  
    Retrofitting I1

As far as importing I1 to the Sea of Dust, I would not recommend it. The Forbidden city is very much a tropical jungle environment to it, with bullywugs, tasloi, and yuan ti the predominant inhabitants. The module would lose a lot of its flavor if it was imported out of a jungle setting and into the Sea of Dust.

BTW, the Scarlet Brotherhood accessory gave the city a name and location: it is called Xuxulieto, located in the Xaro Mountains just south of the Pelisso Swamp.

O-D
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:24 pm  
    Re: Retrofitting I1

Osmund-Davizid wrote:
    As far as importing I1 to the Sea of Dust, I would not recommend it.

Thanks. Happy

Yeah, I thought as much.

I'll check out that B4 mod!
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: