Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Greetings to you, my fellow gamers!
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk!
    Greetings to you, my fellow gamers!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:30 am  
    Greetings to you, my fellow gamers!

I'm Cyric - what, as many of you will know, is a god of the Forgotten Realms and an avatar name I'm using since netscape made it's first appearance and opened up the internet to me.

I started with the Menzer red box in the 80's. It was the first (A)D&D product that was printed in german and it was the gateway to a grand time for me and many friends.

I played the 2nd Ed of AD&D from the first of it's days to it's last and came back to it after some years dabbling with 3.0 and 3.5 (of which I was actually a playtesting group - alas. as the finished product showed, non of the ones WotC listened to). I own plenty of 1st and 2nd Ed AD&D stuff as well as much of the D&D boxes, books and adventures.
    Most of the time the adventures where settled in the Forgotten Realms, with minor ones running in Kalamar, the Spelljammer universe and Mystara.

What more there is to say? I'm nearing the age of 40 now, playing far more then halve of this time roleplaying games and loving every moment and every memory of it. Currently I'm trying to kindle this flame in the soul of my son as well as in the one of my girlfriend - with growing success.
    This is my first trio into the world of Greyhawk and it has been an interesting one so far.

We'll hear from each other more often in the months to come...

May your dice allways roll nat 20s!
    Hauke aka Cyric
    GreySage

Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:28 am  

Hail and well met Lord of Murder!

Well, you've finally managed to kill Mystra and you've corrupted Tyr, getting him to kill Helm. Happy now? Evil Grin

Gald to have you with us, Cyric. Let me assure you that we all look forward to your participation and contributions to our ongoing conversations of all things Greyhawk.

In the upper left hand corner of the Front Page (Home) you'll see the Greyhawk wiki. Our members Rasgon and Robbastard have done an awesome job of collecting all of the "canon" information available concerning Greyhawk and have gathered it all into one convenient place for our use. A never ending process for which we are all grateful Be sure to peruse it for any information you might need.

And of course, feel free to post any questions you have. Between us, there's no Greyhawk question we can't answer. And express your opinion on things. We all have one and gladly share them amongst ourselves.

So again, Well to Canonfire! We know you're going to have a good time here with us.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:04 am  

Welcome to Canonfire Cyric!

We are always happy to have new Greyhawk enthusiasts join in our discussions and hope you'll find a friendly, entertaining, and educational community here with us.

SirXaris
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:37 pm  

I knew Fourth edition liked messing with game setting pantheons but Cyric in Grey Hawk! Laughing

Just kidding welcome to the boards. So I take it your a fan of many settings.
    That's fine, what my friend above forgot to mention, is the link in the features section, that allows you to chat with many members of the Grey Hawk community.

Thursday nights are the most active, but you can find some of us their at any given time. Enjoy your time here and happy posting.

Later

Argon
    GreySage

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:59 pm  

Well met Cyric,

It seems only fitting and proper that I greet you as well, 'riding' the coat-tails of the three people who greeted me the first time, but a relatively short time ago: wizened Mystic-Scholar (don't let the new Avatar fool you...he's not that scary...much), congenial SirXaris, and the noble Argon. They haven't run me off yet, so that show you just how friendly and helpful these people are!

welcome to the club,

-Lanthorn
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:50 pm  

Welcome to the site. Just try not to kill any Greyhawk gods and absorb their portfolios. Laughing

Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:34 am  

Thx for the warm welcome even though a mad god is involved. And yes, I have a knack for settings as long as they feel like a special setting and not just another fantasy clone. So coming to one of the mothers of all rpg worlds ist quite exiting!

greetings
    cy
    Paladin

Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:10 am  
    Greetings & Salutaions

Guten Tag Cyric,
    Like you, I'm a recent discoverer of this "pearl on the web".... you'll find it's like finding $20 in the laundry you didn't know you had.
    As for Cebrion, SirXaris, Mystic-Scholar (and I'm certain others) have a wealth of information. Their collective knowledge is staggering,, and at times abit intimidating, but don't that sway you from utilizing their talents.
    So again welcome & In your thirst for knowledge, be sure not to drown in all the information Cool
    GreySage

Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:28 am  
    Re: Greetings & Salutaions

Dark_Lord_Galen wrote:
    As for . . . Mystic-Scholar (and I'm certain others) have a wealth of information. Their collective knowledge is staggering . . .

That's very kind of you, Dark Lord Galen, but let me assure you that it's the "certain others" you mention that have the "staggering" knowledge.

Our members Robbastard and Rasgon almost single handedly created the Greyhawk wiki, up there in the left hand corner. Those two are awesome.

To be sure there are many others -- I, myself, have contributed a few articles to the wiki -- but they are the ones that really got it all in there.

Be sure to check it out. Wink

And be prepared to be blown away! Evil Grin
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: