#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Individual Light
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- AD&D 1st Edition
    Individual Light
    GreySage

Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:24 pm  

For clarification, by 'individual' do you mean that only the caster can see the light; that everyone else that may be near remains in darkness and has no idea that that the globe of light exists?

It does sound interesting. I would kind of duplicate the effects of Infravision for the caster, though Infravision is a 3rd level spell, is it not? If so, that is all good. If Infravision is only a 2nd level spell, then I think that Individual Light should be only a 1st level spell as it is not as useful as Infravision.

SirXaris
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:35 pm  

The changes to the spell that I might make would be:

Range: 0 (the spell affects only the caster according to the description)

The other one is I might allow the caster to touch another creature/person (the party's scout for example) to let that person have the effect of the spell. (I guess as a DM, I'm too nice for my own good) Wink

Now I'm a bit annoyed I hadn't thought of this spell myself.
    GreySage

Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:24 am  

I think that both allowing others to see the light as dictated by the caster and changing the range to 0 are good ideas, but I'll suggest something differrent:

Allow the caster to include up to one other individual in the spell that can see the light per caster level (minimum of 5 for a third level spell) and change the range to 100' + 10' per caster level. Then, make it a third level spell. Happy

That way, a party can illuminate an area they plan to attack up ahead instead of only the area directly surrounding themselves.

SirXaris

Edit: If you want to keep it a 2nd level spell, you could allow one additional individual to see the light per two caster levels and shorten the range to 25' + 5' per level. SX
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- AD&D 1st Edition All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: