JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Anvil of the Lortmil Mountains
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Anvil of the Lortmil Mountains
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:04 pm  
    Anvil of the Lortmil Mountains

I'm working on an in-depth history of the Axe of the Dwarvish Lords and was curious as to if the Anvil of the Lortmil Mountains that can be found in the Greyhawk Adventures book has any information anywhere as to it's location. Any mentions of it being in any particular dwarf hold or such?
    Forum Moderator

Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:08 pm  

AFAIK the magic items in GH Adventures, includign the anvil are all unique to that book and haven't been expanded upon in any latter book. So I say run with it and make your own background, sounds like you have an interesting topic to work with.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:10 am  

Yeah, thats what I thought as well, just figured I'd asked in case I was missing it somewhere.
    Sage of Canonfire

Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:49 pm  

I smell a family of regional dwarven-relic weapons.....

...someone take up the challenge?

Hammer of the Iron Hills

Spear of the Rakers

Hmmmm....
    Journeyman Greytalker

Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:09 pm  

mortellan wrote:
    AFAIK the magic items in GH Adventures, includign the anvil are all unique to that book and haven't been expanded upon in any latter book. So I say run with it and make your own background, sounds like you have an interesting topic to work with.

Just as curiosity, though in the adventure it doesnt state, the game mechanics of the anvil described in the D&D3 "Forge of Fury" are, IIRC, very similar to the Anvil of The Lortmil Mountains. So i believe this was some kind of "hidden reference". Although i didn't Dm the module (as it was pretty lame, IMHO), i started to make a history conecting the forge with the Hateful Wars and the dwarven clans of the Lortmills.

Victor Caminha
    Forum Moderator

Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:47 pm  

I have never been a big proponent of Dwarven culture IMC's so if I miss some references on them its likely my bad. I also agree some regional dwarven relics would be a good topic here.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:44 pm  

Did anyone else find the regional magic items in GH Adventures idiotic as a concept? I've never been able to use any of them because the memory of reading that book makes me cringe.

Not to disparage DangerDwarf's endeavor - I'm anxious to read your history of the Axe (assuming you're planning on posting it). I'm working on the same thing (although it's derivative of a 587CY campaign theme), and could use someone else's take on it for comparison.

There just aren't enough articles about dwarves in Greyhawk, IMO. I look forward to seeing more. Although please no regional appelations to dwarven magic items! Smile
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:59 pm  

actaully several of the magic items from Greyhawk Adventures have appeared in my games over the years, I find most of them relatively easy to incoperate into a storyline actually, and they serve as good examples of creative magical item creation, rather then simple rote copies of the items in the DMG.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:54 pm  

I agree with cwslyclgh, I've enjoyed the regional items and have made use of them in my campaigns. Horn of the Barrier Peaks, Armor of the Crystalmists, etc have been much enjoyed for the "feel" and history they give the piece instead of just another magic toy.
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:55 am  

in my monday night "Secrets of Salinmoor" game, the party will soon be confronting a large smuggling ring based out of salt marsh... the pirate captain who heads the ring actually has the Horn of the Azure sea.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:01 am  

Hey DangerDwarf,
    No mention that I know of, I improvised the anvil and stuck it in the sealed hoard at Stoneheim. Do you have the module Axe of the Dwarvish Lords? I use some of its history in my camapain. When I get enough dwarves together I may make a campain to retrieve it.

Muscles
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: