Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Postfest XVII(Richfest 2012): Inns & Taverns of Greyhawk
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Postfest Forum & Archive
    Postfest XVII(Richfest 2012): Inns & Taverns of Greyhawk
    Master Greytalker

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:36 am  

I know I promised an Inn from my campaign but I'm going to have to miss this one due to time constraints. Sorry, and looking forward to reading everyone else's.
    Forum Moderator

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:07 pm  

bubbagump wrote:
    mortellan wrote:
    Bump.
    How is everyone's writing progressing?

Get on the ball, folks!

Wow, give a guy a little responsibility and he gets all uppity! I'd better put you back in your place, morty:

Two Ullites are building a house. One of them is putting on the siding. He picks up a nail, hammers it in. Picks up another nail, throws it away. Picks up a nail, hammers it in. Picks up another, throws it away.

After a while his friend comes over and asks him why he is throwing half of the nails away. He replies, "Those were pointed on the wrong end." His buddy gets exasperated and says "You idiot, those are for the other side of the house!"

:P Har! Har! Uli however don't use nails for house building, they use nails for holding down prisoners.
    Forum Moderator

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:08 pm  

p.s. time is running out peeps. Who has anything to report?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:10 am  

Just submitted. The Diving Dragon Inn has featured IMC for some time. Never had a proper write up of it though. Situated in Rockport, a small town on the Eastern edge of Irongate territory, near the border with Naerie. Hope someone gets something out of reading it...
    Forum Moderator

Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:39 pm  

Awesome! Thanks Phalastar. Anyone else close to committing?
    Paladin

Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:10 pm  

Count me for one for sure possibly two if I get some responses in time..
    One is a port of call tavern outside Safeton called "The Broken Rose" named after a Wrecked Cog turned tavern.
    The other is a Gnomish Gambling Hall in the Kron Hills. Was thinking near Luskan since it is close proximity to a mine. Still need more background on the Mine and Luskan area as well as a response from Cymraegmorgan if any know how to contact would be helpful. Was hoping to include (with credit) some of his games within my establishment if I get his response in time.
    DLG
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:52 pm  

Whew! Finally got mine done!

Didn't get to add all the images I wanted due my hard drive crashing, but fortunately I had my maps done before then.

It's also why it took as long as it did, as I now have to share this computer with my wife until I get my desktop up and running. What also sucks about that is I had originally planned to post two submissions, but with my unforeseen difficulties didn't have time to devote to the second idea. Ah well...maybe the next time around.

Finally, I couldn't seem to be able to post my submission on this site (I use Firefox), so I sent it via email to the address that was posted (editors@canonfire.com) and I'm hoping it gets through. Let me know if you guys receive it, or have trouble with it so I can find an alternative means of getting it to you!
    Forum Moderator

Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:36 am  

Well done Mempter. I got everything I need.

Galen, Chevalier, Aeolius: If you need extra time let me know and I'll add you on the list toward the end, but otherwise the deadline has passed. Luckily we got a decent amount of entries to keep me busy this month.

Anyone else: If you slipped your mind and still want to post a tavern, let me know here within the next week or so. If not, there's always next time...
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:13 pm  

Looks like people have outdone themselves. Some very nice entries which ought to be hitting the front page with a bang really soon.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:03 pm  

Okay. That seems to be all I got coming in. I will start posting these Thursday night. I guess one every few days. Not sure I remember how Cebrion released them. A few days sounds right though, don't want to keep people waiting.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:44 pm  

Every 2 days would be good.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:19 pm  

Pretty awesome Postfest, folks. Congrats to all who managed to get a submission in. Cool
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: