Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - From the Introduce yourself thread
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk!
    From the Introduce yourself thread
    Novice

Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:25 am  
    From the Introduce yourself thread

First Name?
    Heron but no one calls me that:) HJ or Sto works well

Age?
    Old enough to know better than to answer that question

Location?
    Virginia

When you started playing D&D?
    Although I tried to play in middle and high school I have to say I really only got started when I went away to college in the late 80's

What rules you started with?
    First edition and I have played every edition since then with 4th edition being my favorite so far followed by 2nd, first and 3rd being far back

where does your Forum Nick come from?
    My nickname comes from a first edition cleric I ran in a good friends game (I still play with him 20+ years later). My clerics name was Surlyman but a npc cleric dubbed me Surlyman the Thoroughly Obnoxious due to the fact that we were from rival churches and I had notoriously bad reaction rolls from nonevil NPC's. From that point any time I was getting hassled by other part members over something I had done I always blamed it on my "Evil Twin Sto".

Years later that name was used by a priest in World of Warcraft who announced he was now the Sto-loc when pressed into duty using damage over time spells since our group did not have enough Warlocs to finish a particularly dificult fight

I am a HUGE fan of certain of the World of Greyhawk stuff including the Temple of Elemental Evil. In fact I am currently looking for a group to play this with online using Ventrillo or another voip program and Maptools or gametable.

I'd love to find a group willing to test some of the new playtest stuff in this classic adventure.
    GreySage

Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:49 am  

Welcome to Canonfire! stoloc! We're glad to have you join us.

SirXaris
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:16 pm  

Stoloc, glad you introduced yourself. Don't be a stranger on the boards and if you get a chance join us for Greytalk on Thursday night. Though I'm sure we will be missing a few regulars to GenCon this week.

Later

Argon

Last edited by Argon on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:20 am  

Welcome, Stoloc! Good to see another fan of 4e join the brother-/sisterhood of Greyhawk lovers. If you haven't seen it yet there's a 4e subforum in the Rule Systems Forums. Not super active compared to other editions but I'd like to see some more activity there.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: