Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Space Hamster has arrived!
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk!
    Space Hamster has arrived!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:53 am  
    Space Hamster has arrived!

Hi! As you probably guess form my login and this topic name I'm cosmic avatar of other Prime World great being - Boo, the miniature giant space hamster. Here is my patron with his dedicated follower.

Myself, I look more like this...

Evil Grin Evil Grin Evil Grin

Okay, end of laught. I'm 25 year old Game Master with fondness to D&D, new World of Darkness and Savage Worlds. I'm also have Master degree in Computer Science Engerning. But still jobless... Sad

In meanwhile I don't run or sometimes play RPGs or fixing computers, i'm being just giant geek playing video games, reading comic books, watching horror movies and being Internet LGBT activist. I'm living with my boyfriend in city of Lublin in Poland.

And now a bit of my history with D&D and Greyhawk setting. My first RPG book ever readied were Players Handbook to AD&D 2nd Editon from my older brothers. Shortly after I got my first PC computer and played all days Baldur's Gate. But Forgotten Realms were too "childish" for me to run them in long term. When 3ed come here in Polish, I was having some info about Greyhawk from English materials. And then our country D&D distirubtor published Gazetter and I soaked it and all supplements lore. Now I run GH games as D&D Next Playtests I'm taking part. Cool
    GreySage

Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:37 am  

From one (half) Pole to another, welcome to Canonfire! wyrdhamster. You are in good company with science geeks aplenty prowling these boards, including yours truly. Happy I, too, am not enamored of Forgotten Realms, mainly because of all the 'power gaming' it tends to instill in people. When you mentioned playing World of Darkness, are you referring to the WhiteWolf gaming system???

happy you found us,

-Lanthorn
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:49 am  

From D&D settings I forgot to mentioned my loved one Planescape. Pitty that Wizards didn't continued it... Cry

Lanthorn wrote:
    From one (half) Pole to another, welcome to Canonfire!

Dzień dobry! Happy

Lanthorn wrote:
    When you mentioned playing World of Darkness, are you referring to the WhiteWolf gaming system???

Yes, especially "2nd version" - Mage: Awakening, Changeling: The Lost, Promethean: The Created.
    GreySage

Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:35 am  

Welcome to Canonfire! Wyrdhamster. Smile

It's great to have another new friend from halfway across the world join our community. Jump in and contribute all you like. We want to hear your thoughts on our beloved Greyhawk.

SirXaris
    GreySage

Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:16 pm  

wyrdhamster wrote:

Dzień dobry! Happy

Thank you! I don't think for the life of me that I could ever spell that correctly! The only Polish I can write (I hope) is, (semi) appropriately, "Wesolych swiat!" Is that right?!

For a long time I played and ran some campaigns of Vampire: the Masquerade and also Werewolf: the Apocalypse. Many good and fond memories with that game system... Happy

again, welcome aboard,

Jason
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:19 pm  

Lanthorn wrote:
    The only Polish I can write (I hope) is, (semi) appropriately, "Wesolych swiat!" Is that right?!

Without Polish characters, but mostly correct. Smile Proper form is "Wesołych świąt!" Cool
    Forum Moderator

Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:47 pm  

Love the avatar. Belated welcome to Canonfire! Happy
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:38 pm  

I loved the White Wolf system, played Vampire, Werewolf, and mage myself, welcome to the forum. I also love the Minsc/Boo references, some of the best characters in a video game ever.
    Master Greytalker

Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:31 am  

Butt-kicking for justice!
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: