Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Tabletop Noob inbound!
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk!
    Tabletop Noob inbound!
    Novice

Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:07 am  
    Tabletop Noob inbound!

Good Day to you all!

I am ArkkAngel, a clever (not so clever) twist on the word Archangel (which is totally boring in comparison).

I began my first Tabletop roleplaying game on the 2nd of Feb 2013 and it just so happens that the adventure is taking place within the World of Greyhawk. Our DM (warlock in the forums) recommended this site to check out some Greyhawk stuff, and now im here :)

Although im still very new to roleplaying as a game, I have known about it, read about it and wanted to play since very young. Weirdly enough, I actually made my own version of pen and paper roleplaying game when I was extremely young (around 8), before I even knew that such a game existed! It was nowhere near to the complexity and flexibility of the current game systems, but I found it amazing that it was so similar!

I am a huge fan of Fantasy and Sci Fi. I am also a HUGE Video Gamer, playing both PC games and Xbox. Lastly, I love any Metal/Heavy Rock music too.

Thanks for the awesome Site and Forum, I shall enjoy my stay here :)

Sincerely,
    ArkkAngel
    GreySage

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:15 am  

Welcome to Canonfire! ArkkAngel! Happy

This is the place for questions about the World of Greyhawk. You'll find there are an aweful lot of printed products detailing our favorite fantasy world, but the folks here can help you make sense of much of the historical information that is scattered across those myriad tomes.

Don't hesitate to jump in and participate in any discussion that peaks your interest. We appreciate all honest opinions.

SirXaris
    GreySage

Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:42 pm  

Welcome to Canonfire!, Arkkangel! Glad you made it to the "official" thread for you newbies! Wink Laughing

Arkkangel wrote:
    . . . a clever (not so clever) twist on the word Archangel . . .

And here it is I was thinking that you just couldn't spell! Evil Grin Laughing

We're always glad to have "new blood" join our "cause," which is the continuance of the World of Greyhawk, or beloved setting, to which this site is dedicated. Your opinions and contributions are most welcome and we look forward to hearing and reading them.

Let me point out to you the Greyhawk Wiki located in the left-hand column. It is click-able, even if it doesn't light up when your mouse hovers over it.

Thanks to our esteemed members -- Robbastard and Rasgon -- nearly anything "Greyhawk" can be found there. Feel free to peruse it at your pleasure. And if you have any questions -- as has been pointed out by Sir Xaris, this is the place to get them answered.

So again . . . Welcome to Canonfire! We hope that you will be with us for a long time!
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: