Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Useful bits from Age of Worms?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Useful bits from Age of Worms?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:16 pm  
    Useful bits from Age of Worms?

I'm considering using parts of the AoW adventure path, but I don't want to use the whole campaign. My PC's are 7th level for now, so I'm especially looking at the upper section, but I'm willing to adapt lower level adventures for higher level PC's if there's a really good one. What do all of you recommend? Anyone here played the whole path?
    GreySage

Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:45 pm  

I haven't managed to read through the entire Age of Worms adventure path, so I can't advise you on it.

And, this may not be very helpful, but I especially enjoyed the mid- to high-level adventures in The Savage Tide AP. If you have that one, I highly recommend it.

SirXaris
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:45 pm  

In terms of GH adventures, it depends where your campaign is set. Age of Worms is set in GH by default so there are useful adventures in different settings. Suppose I should say the following contains broad spoilers for any who might play the campaign.

The first part (lower than your PC levels) describes Diamond Lake in the Cairn Hills as a useful PC home town and includes some dungeons nearby as well as detailing a foray into the Mistmarsh.

At mid-levels (your PC level and up) the campaign shifts to the Free City of Greyhawk and details some interesting villains and adventures set there.

The latter parts of the campaign detail the city of Redhand in the Bandit Kingdoms in some detail as well as some dungeons around the Rift Canyon to the north. It also includes full stats (3.5E) for the legendary Dragotha, first mentioned on the wilderness map in the AD&D module White Plume Mountain.

As is typical for a Paizo AP, all of the above includes good setting info and useful NPCs even if you don't use the campaign storyline itself.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:37 am  

Flint wrote:
    ...The latter parts of the campaign detail the city of Redhand in the Bandit Kingdoms in some detail as well as some dungeons around the Rift Canyon to the north. It also includes full stats (3.5E) for the legendary Dragotha, first mentioned on the wilderness map in the AD&D module White Plume Mountain...

-FWIW, I've incorporated Dungeon 131, which details Alhaster and gives a lot of info' on Redhand. It's set in CY 577 or so, so you might have to adjust for time period.
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:12 am  

jamesdglick wrote:
    Flint wrote:
    ...The latter parts of the campaign detail the city of Redhand in the Bandit Kingdoms in some detail as well as some dungeons around the Rift Canyon to the north. It also includes full stats (3.5E) for the legendary Dragotha, first mentioned on the wilderness map in the AD&D module White Plume Mountain...

-FWIW, I've incorporated Dungeon 131, which details Alhaster and gives a lot of info' on Redhand. It's set in CY 577 or so, so you might have to adjust for time period.

Actually, AoW is set around 595 CY.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:22 am  

Robbastard wrote:
    jamesdglick wrote:
    Flint wrote:

Actually, AoW is set around 595 CY.

-Sorry, good catch. I meant MY scenario would be set in 577. The exact time for the Age of Worms sceanrio is the 20th anniversary of when Zeech seceded from the Shield Lands (probably early 577, although the LGG BK campaign made it 576, IIRC).

IOW, if I do it, my scenario would be begin right before Zeech changes sides (a nasty shock for the players! Evil Grin ).
    Master Greytalker

Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:26 am  

Well, I would have to say that I'm not entirely certain what the "official" date for it is, but, I can tell you that when "Prince of Redhand" was published in 2006, the official LGG year was CY596.

For whatever it's worth.
    Owner and Lead Admin: https://greyhawkonline.com<div>Editor-in-Chief of the Oerth Journal: https://greyhawkonline.com/oerthjournal</div><div>Visit my professional art gallery: https://wkristophnolen.daportfolio.com</div>
    Adept Greytalker

Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:31 pm  

IMC, I started it in summer of 595 CY, scheduled the Champion's Games for the week of Brewfest, & assumed the climax would fall in the early months of 596. YMMV.
    Adept Greytalker

Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:34 pm  

And I'm pretty sure the "official" start date is in 595, due to the dates on the tombstones of the Land family in "The Whispering Cairn," & scattered references of x event taking place x years ago.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: