JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - PC Background in Ket
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    PC Background in Ket
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:10 pm  
    PC Background in Ket

I need help fleshing out a PC's backstory. Here's what he's given me to start from:

Quote:
    Kirtlo Ignatius Rumpodger-Taniburr (KIRT) grew up an orphan in a small fortress town in the land of Ket. His village didn't show him much kindness. That's when he encountered an acting troupe, where he met a woman who taught him how to disguise himself. He caught on quickly, and she gifted him with her favorite, magical hat. Before she left, she helped him come up with a scheme to undo years of being shunned. He would fake his own death and come back to town in a disguise. The acting troupe played along, giving the performance of a lifetime. Kirt "died" saving the village from an evil wizard. Before the wizard could wither the crops, Kirt dove out of a bell tower to kill the wizard in a dramatic reckless display of derring-do.

After the event, Kirt couldn't get enough. He wanted to act and to disguise himself, but he wasn't satisfied with the pittance of a traveling actor. He wanted to fix the problems of his country through acts of scandalous impersonation and complex scheming. He succeeded, for a time, becoming one of the more important rebels against the oppression of his home state. When he was found out, he obtained the name "Black Fox" because of his black cloak and since the guards tried hunting him down with dogs while on horseback. He escaped that mess by hiding in a cave full of very tough goblins, who took him for one of their own. While he was in hiding, the rebellion attacked and was broken, driving the rebellion further underground.

Kirt is now looking for a way back into his country, but he knows he can't do it alone. Bissel is already doing what they can against Ket and they were too suspicious of Kirt's motives. He has come to this country of Keoland without purpose, but he has begun operations here nonetheless, scamming the nobles connected with the oppression of Ket, drawing out the tendrils of their spy network and cutting them off, one by one.

His choice of Ket as a homeland was mostly arbitrary, but we both figured that it shouldn't be too hard to shoehorn him into it. I'd like to start with the following:

* A petty tyrant he can fight. Ket's just had a revolution, and the guy in charge is a LOT better than the previous guy, so I'm figuring this is one of the lesser lords of Ket.
    * A small fortress town. I'm worried these may be hard to come by in Ket, but you never know.
    * A revolutionary force he can assist.

Any ideas?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:41 am  

In my campaign, Ket recently got a new Beygraf. The old one was implicated in the fiascos of Ket during the Greyhawk Wars and was assassinated. Th new Beygraf has his hands full trying to make the Moqollun Consortium and the mullahs happy and away from his throat.

The conflict of business vs. religion, with a weak goverment in the middle makes a lot of plot twists possible. Also, Ket made a lot of nations upset by its behavior during the Wars, from Bissel to Iuz, including most of its neighbors.

Picking a side should be easy!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:48 am  

bugsy wrote:
    In my campaign, Ket recently got a new Beygraf.

Yes, we are also playing in the current timeline with the new Beygraf, but i don't have a lot of materials on Ket.

Quote:
    Picking a side should be easy!

Picking a side isn't the issue. We need to know who the players are. Any specifics? Where do you recommend I look?
    GreySage

Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:32 pm  

Argon had a campiagn blog about a game centering in Bissel that talked a lot about the power players in that nation post-wars including several from Ket. You might give it a quick read-through to see if you can get some good ideas from it.

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4547&start=0

SirXaris
    GreySage

Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:58 am  

Might be useful: http://home.cogeco.ca/~lg-ket/ket/ket.htm
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: