Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Living Greyhawk Info?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Living Greyhawk Info?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:11 am  
    Living Greyhawk Info?

Hello,

I am an old timer for DnD and started back in the 4th grade in 1979. My son is in 4th grade now and is interested in DnD. I'm thinking of running him in Greyhawk due to the awesome Living Greyhawk group that I playled in. At this point, I've sold off all my old rulebooks, but still kept all my modules and sourcebooks. I'm torn as to what to do.

I really enjoyed the Living Greyhawk system and there were a ton of modules, prestige classes, and everything else all done for me. I would be happy to pick things up in 3.5 and run things for him. Only problem is that I can't seem to find all the old Living Greyhawk stuff. I'm sure SOMEONE has all the old adventures somewhere. Does anyone know where they could be?

Beyond that, I'm not sure how exactly to run the campaign. I'm tempted to run his first games before the Greyhawk Wars. I still have my old boxed set with the info. I can run some adventures and old modules that would fit into the storey. Then, later in that campaign or with a 2nd campaign I could run the Greyhawk Wars. I think it would be really climactic. I could then run post Wars for a next campaign or something. With that in mind, I'm partial to the Sheldomar Valley. Any ideas of what modules or such to start him off with? Maybe the Slave Lords? Something else?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:19 pm  

Found a few for an area I'm not familiar with.

REMOVED

Last edited by heychadwick on Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:44 am; edited 2 times in total
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:52 pm  

...and this:

REMOVED

Last edited by heychadwick on Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:56 pm  

I found a whole bunch on this site, but I can't read Chinese or Japanese to create an account to download these. You can read a lot, though.

REMOVED

I also found (I think) the entire Onnwal stuff:
    REMOVED

Last edited by heychadwick on Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    GreySage

Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:56 pm  

First, that is great news - that you are going to teach your son to love Greyhawk! Happy

Second, I like your plan to begin with a pre-Greyhawk Wars campaign and progress from there. It will allow him to learn the history of the Flanaess by gaming through it.

Third, if you're focusing on the Sheldomar Valley, one of the best starting adventures (series) is The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh (and its following two adventures).

From there, you could easily move to the Slavers modules or Temple of Elemental Evil.

Alternatively, The Keep on the Borderlands is officially set in The Yeomanry, which is quite close to the Sheldomar Valley.

SirXari9s

Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:45 am  

I was hoping to find some of the info for the various regions in the Sheldomar. Organizations, churches, etc for each of the countries. Anyone have those?
    GreySage

Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:47 am  

heychadwick wrote:
    I was hoping to find some of the info for the various regions in the Sheldomar. Organizations, churches, etc for each of the countries. Anyone have those?

Someone sent me many of the LG adventures for Geoff at one point. PM me with your email address and I can send them on to you. That's all I have, though.

SirXaris

Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:02 am  

I think the PM went through, but the site was acting jinky. My email is my handle at the Google email system.

I might have a friend that has the Gran March stuff (maybe). Would you want that if I can get it?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:24 pm  
    Re: Living Greyhawk Info?

heychadwick wrote:
    Hello,

... Does anyone know where they could be?

Alas, you can't get them anymore officialy but there is hope for you and your son.
    It would be a shame to withhold him this great Greyhawk stuff...

Just send me a PM and I'll see where I can help you! ;-)
    Novice

Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:29 am  

Living Greyhawk modules are fiercely difficult to get these days. I've amassed a fair collection over the years though. PM me your email if you'd like me to send some your way.

If you do though, please select a region (or regions) that you're focused on.

On a side note, if anyone has info on the old Perrenland clans (Roodbergs, Hussan, Weisspeer, etc) plz let me know. I can't find those anywhere (aside from vague mentions in the scenarios themselves).
    Master Greytalker

Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:02 am  

NeilM wrote:
    Living Greyhawk modules are fiercely difficult to get these days. I've amassed a fair collection over the years though. PM me your email if you'd like me to send some your way.

If you do though, please select a region (or regions) that you're focused on.

On a side note, if anyone has info on the old Perrenland clans (Roodbergs, Hussan, Weisspeer, etc) plz let me know. I can't find those anywhere (aside from vague mentions in the scenarios themselves).
    I have a Perrenland political map showing the clan territories. PM me with an email address.
    Novice

Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:08 am  

PM sent. Thanks DMPrata.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:11 am  

Lots of great stuff, guys! I feel like I'm putting it all together. Still need more, but getting there.

I'll have to figure out what would be good to do as stuff before the Greyhawk Wars.
    Master Greytalker

Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:30 pm  

NeilM wrote:
    PM sent. Thanks DMPrata.
    Hmm... My inbox is empty. Are PMs not working? My email address is my username at

#C###
    ##O##
    ###X#

(dot)

net
    GreySage

Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:26 pm  

DMPrata wrote:
    NeilM wrote:
    PM sent. Thanks DMPrata.
    Hmm... My inbox is empty. Are PMs not working? My email address is my username at

#C###
    ##O##
    ###X#

(dot)

net

NeilM only has 4 posts at this point. He may still be locked out of PMing until he has a few more posts. I don't know what the required number is, though.

SirXaris

Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:01 pm  

I'm getting a lot of pieces here and there. I'm going to collect as many as I can and then be more than happy to share them out to whomever wants them.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:12 pm  

Wow! Someone gave me some documents of organizations in the Gran March. It's for the various churches, etc. They were great. If anyone has any more like that for any region, I'd love it. Especially the Knights of the Watch.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:33 pm  

heychadwick wrote:
    I'm getting a lot of pieces here and there. I'm going to collect as many as I can and then be more than happy to share them out to whomever wants them.

You should scroll down the main forum page a ways to the Greyhawk Meta-Regions which are for discussion of the various Living Greyhawk areas and material for them. Some sections have links to archived material, though many do not.

Also, be sure to stick to the Forum Rules listed HERE, and the rules regarding Living Greyhawk material listed HERE.

Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:47 am  

Ooops! Not trying to break the rules here! I edited the previous posts to remove links. I didn't know the LG stuff was IP protected. I thought that since anyone could get them back in the day that they were OK. I am wrong. Very sorry.

One question, though.....what about the org stuff for various regions? I still have stuff from the Gran March that were "Church of Photus in the Gran March" and such. Is that stuff IP? That stuff is great to have for flavor and setting. It's about how characters can interact with such groups. I'd love to get more of those, but don't want to break any rules.

If anyone wants to talk to me about the finer details of IP and the LG, they can PM me or email me at my handle at the email service Google provides.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: