Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Lendore Isles before the Takeover
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:03 am  
    Lendore Isles before the Takeover

Len Lokafka on Loreltarma's pre-Sehanine government:

--------------------------------------------------

http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=65399

...So no, I don't have a map of lo Reltarma. Sorry. It was run by a council of seven high priests the least of which was 12 level. Three were evil lawful and three were good lawful. The seventh was chaotic neutral with good tendencies. Each had one or two major lieutenants including a vampire Mage, a master assassin and a paladin lord. All in all it was an odd place...

------------------------------------------------------

...so, elsewhere are mentioned full-sized to Lendor, Wee Jas, and Lydia. The high priest of Lydia would have to be LG, while Lendor and Wee Jas' high priests could go either way. I guess the CN (CG) high priest would be Norebo (Llerg seems unlikley for a major city, but who knows). Who would the other high priests have worshipped, and what were their alignments?
    Master Greytalker

Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:38 pm  

Len's online postings haven't always been consistent with what he wrote in the 1980s. That said, from what I know of his pantheon, I would speculate the following seven high priests:

LG: Jascar
    LG: Lendor (really should be LN)
    LG: Lydia
    LE: Asmodeus
    LE: Syrul
    LE: Wee Jas
    CN(G): Norebo
    GreySage

Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:27 pm  

Kord seems more popular on Lendore Isle than Norebo. Dragon #86 said "In the world of Oerth, shrines to Norebo are known as Churches of the Big Gamble, and they abound in the barbarian states. There are known to be isolated churches on Lendore Isle..." while Dragon #87 said "Kord is worshipped more than any other Suel deity. Thriving churches dedicated to him can be found in the Barbarian States, northern Ulek, Almor, the Great Kingdom, Hepmonaland, and on Lendore Isle." My reading is that churches of Norebo exist on Lendore Isle, but they're less prominent there than they are in the barbarian states. Churches of Kord are equally thriving on Lendore Isle, the barbarian states, and elsewhere. Clerics of Norebo could easily be chaotic neutral, but clerics of Kord are supposed to be more likely to be chaotic neutral than chaotic good (bizarrely). So the high priest could worship Norebo, but my money's on Kord.

As for the others, note that Lakofka considered Tiamat and Bahamut to be part of the Suel pantheon. Jascar is probably a more likely choice than Bahamut, but if one of the lawful evils worships Tiamat rather than Asmodeus then Bahamut might be a good option as her counterpart.

Pyremius is another strong possibility for the lawful evil group, especially if Syrul is represented there.

I agree that Llerg is an unlikely choice. Dragon #89 only mentions Llerg's worship among barbarians and cavemen, though Grellus may worship him.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:32 am  

Sorry, thanks to both. I'll comment later.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: