Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Living Greyhawk Journal?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Living Greyhawk Journal?
    Novice

Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:33 am  
    Living Greyhawk Journal?

Firstly, a big up to Canonfire! Its been a while since I last scoped out any Greyhawk-related stuff on the web and this site is the business!

I've a pretty basic Q to start off with that I hope someone can help me out with. Can somebody tell me where I can get some copies of the Living Greyhawk Journals from? A few came up on Ebay UK a few months ago but I forgot to follow up on the auction. I've searched the whole of the RPGA and Wizards main sites but can find no disernable info concerning said publication. Do you have to join some org like the RPGA to get hold of them? Is this a section of Dragon or Dungeon that appears from time to time? Are they worth pursuing? Info on this LGJ is like the capital of Onnwal - Scant!

Best Regards,
    The Creature
    CF Admin

Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:10 am  

Welcome to CF, Creature, glad you like what you see.

The LGJ is now published in Dungeon; the plan is for the Journal to be released every other month (on non-Polyhedron months), but this has not been the case for the past several issues. Reportedly that will change with the next issue. The snafu involved plans for the 100th issue. We should be back on track now.

As for getting old issues, if you have any old issue of the LGJ (either as a stand alone or as part of Dragon and now as Dungeon), you may see the advertisement about ordering old issues. Basically the RPGA has a limited number of the old (stand alone) issues available. Then there are the issues published in Dragon.

Has anyone compiled a list of those issues? I recall vaguely seeing one. Please post it or a link!
    Novice

Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:04 am  
    Link to LGJ articles index

MTG wrote:
    Welcome to CF, Creature, glad you like what you see.

The LGJ is now published in Dungeon; the plan is for the Journal to be released every other month (on non-Polyhedron months), but this has not been the case for the past several issues. Reportedly that will change with the next issue. The snafu involved plans for the 100th issue. We should be back on track now.

As for getting old issues, if you have any old issue of the LGJ (either as a stand alone or as part of Dragon and now as Dungeon), you may see the advertisement about ordering old issues. Basically the RPGA has a limited number of the old (stand alone) issues available. Then there are the issues published in Dragon.

Has anyone compiled a list of those issues? I recall vaguely seeing one. Please post it or a link!

....... cheers for the info! After further searches I've come upon the UK's Living Greyhawk main site at :

http://www.onnwal.org.uk/

.... and click on the Treasure Chest link on the left-hand side, then choose the Living Greyhawk Journal Articles link - its an Acrobat file. Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
    The Creature
    CF Admin

Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:57 pm  
    Re: Link to LGJ articles index

Creature-from-the-Deep wrote:

I don't know of any web-friendly indices for the LGJ issues, though that's a nice idea for something to add to my web site ;-)

Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:18 pm  

Quote:

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=3

The link got brushed aside, but it's right here on Canonfire!

Fri Aug 22, 2003 6:26 pm  

By the way, we added that link in the navigation menu on the left side of the canonfire pages. It's under Special Features with the Oerth Journal link, so it's easier to find without having to dig this thread back up.

Sun Oct 26, 2003 5:09 am  

Thanks CD! Thats a very useful thing to have. :)

J
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: